Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a sin to pray to statues of Buddah, Mama Mary etc.  (Read 1989 times)
ChineTownMan

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:12:58 AM

From ancient times, people were stupid, they were seeing angels and other worldly creatures coming and going or heard about them from prophets throughout the millenniums and because of ignorant and practically nothing else much useful to do back then they thought them as gods.
In India there are millions of gods actually lol, imagine almost a billion idiots worshiping millions of gods as if the creation is decentralized and the power is distributed among those so called gods, we all can see what an open source and publicly available network could be like.

BU gods Vs SW gods, assuming those gods have their own powers right? if they have no power for creating then they're not gods and if they have the power then they must've got it from some place, wouldn't BU destroy blockstream in a heart beat if they had access to hash power? and vice versa.

And now you think God needed help from angels?
And now you think God could be so low to come as a man? or you think we all are His creation just like Jesus was, couldn't God create Jesus just by saying the words: "become" as He did create the entire plain of existence by saying "be" "become"?

Don't you see the similarities? where we program apps, games and characters in details and then let the GPU to do the rendering and with a few clicks and key strokes we create our own(virtual)worlds, can't you see how an intelligent being such as us humans behave?

Angels exist, but we do not see them. They help us in difficult situations and protect us from all kinds of trouble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jonar21

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:25:01 PM

From ancient times, people were stupid, they were seeing angels and other worldly creatures coming and going or heard about them from prophets throughout the millenniums and because of ignorant and practically nothing else much useful to do back then they thought them as gods.
In India there are millions of gods actually lol, imagine almost a billion idiots worshiping millions of gods as if the creation is decentralized and the power is distributed among those so called gods, we all can see what an open source and publicly available network could be like.

BU gods Vs SW gods, assuming those gods have their own powers right? if they have no power for creating then they're not gods and if they have the power then they must've got it from some place, wouldn't BU destroy blockstream in a heart beat if they had access to hash power? and vice versa.

And now you think God needed help from angels?
And now you think God could be so low to come as a man? or you think we all are His creation just like Jesus was, couldn't God create Jesus just by saying the words: "become" as He did create the entire plain of existence by saying "be" "become"?

Don't you see the similarities? where we program apps, games and characters in details and then let the GPU to do the rendering and with a few clicks and key strokes we create our own(virtual)worlds, can't you see how an intelligent being such as us humans behave?

Angels exist, but we do not see them. They help us in difficult situations and protect us from all kinds of trouble.
People without faith or those who completely reject faith All holy things are those who lost faith because they did not have enough strength and patience. Perhaps it's even those people who have lost something or something.
SameHow

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:16:47 PM

You need to pray to those who really help. I do not understand how you can pray to a statue or god a hundred times a day and it will not help. So this is all a hoax Huh
grermezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:55:45 PM

As a Christian, it's not good to be praying for objects that makes it them seem like idols

My50cent

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:31:12 PM

As a Christian, it's not good to be praying for objects that makes it them seem like idols
A very strong remark. I wonder how the holy fathers would comment on this, that icons and crosses are akin to idols.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:22:23 PM

A very strong remark. I wonder how the holy fathers would comment on this, that icons and crosses are akin to idols.
They are not idols. It is a reminder of sort. For example, if you look on icon and pray, you are not praying to icon, but to that saint on icon for protection. And crosses are same thing, it remind us of wrong deed that is done to Jesus, and suffering that he went true. Most of items that are used by religious people have meaning, and gives them some meaning, but they are not idols.
layoutph (OP)

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 12:46:41 AM

For me, praying to idols/statue is a deception of a devil. Why? You called "pagan" when people pray to trees, moon, and sun. You also called praying to buddah a pagan. But why you not called praying to statues of Mary, and other statues a pagan? Dont be deceived.

PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:21:01 AM

I believe in God and the virgin Mary. I do not care what the atheists say and what the atheists think.
Zisove28

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:14:26 AM

I believe in God and the virgin Mary. I do not care what the atheists say and what the atheists think.
In these people no one justifies, because even research and scientists have confirmed that these are historical personalities.
alleybuzzy

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:23:37 AM

As a Christian myself, of course it is a sin to pray to a statue whatever it may be because according to God's commandments is that do not make any image or likeness of him. But some prays to it because they believe that it is the representation of God here on earth, like the Catholics.
NyeFee

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:43:01 AM

For a religious fanatic, this can be a sin, but for an ordinary person who takes destiny into his own hands it will be a waste of time.
praboso96

Activity: 187

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:06:20 AM

For a religious fanatic, this can be a sin, but for an ordinary person who takes destiny into his own hands it will be a waste of time.
Why is it that if a person believes that this means that he is a fanatic But this is fundamentally wrong. I believe but not a fanatic about religious ideas and teachings but I'm not sure of the Holy Father.
21kevin21

Activity: 105

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:23:50 AM

If you think that this will be of use, then you can pray. And just follow the lead of other people and lose time does not make sense, life is too short.
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:42:04 AM

In my religion yes we know that God said to dont worship other gods than him so like praying to buddah , mama mary i think it is consider a sin to the Lord if you would do that statues are not god and it cannot save you from your sin we know that Jesus is the only one who can gave us salvation and he pay for all our sins in the world just beleive in the Lord and you will be save.
Anubiss

Activity: 324

Purple Six Recordz

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 12:33:28 PM

All the Gods and Dieties are really the same thing just in different candy wrap in My knowlage.

1HM5uwyXYow5peuY9Q258NkazgDTCnVUvX
YouTube
SoundCloud
Cherry Girl

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:47:27 PM

God is one, just different religions describe him in different ways. I think from this nothing will be bad, if not self-suggesting that it is sinful and will bring harm.
Deluzi

Activity: 73
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:43:10 PM

no it's not, it's a sin to ignore them... All that is eternal is only beneficial for you, that is spirituality
crypto_ranger

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:16:27 PM

Ok enough for nerdy trading and blockchain talks, lets have a break.

Is it a sin to pray to statues of Buddah, Mary, Jesus. What the bible says about this?

What is your stand on this?

Do you mean if it's a sin like in the bible when people were praying to idols and God destroyed them cause they should only be praying to him? I don't think so, since those are statues of the said gods or their apostles/prophets. By praying to the statue the person is praying to the appropriate god, so nothing wrong with it.

There were people however that thought praying to church icons for example is a sin in that manner. In the Byzantine empire the anti icon movement were especially strong early on in the first millennium BC. At one point they even managed to ban all visual depictions of christian saints and Christ himself for about a hundred years if I'm not mistaken.

In Islam to this day it's unacceptable to draw Allah, though nobody knows how Allah looks anyway Cheesy
Deluzi

Activity: 73
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:43:06 PM

Ok enough for nerdy trading and blockchain talks, lets have a break.

Is it a sin to pray to statues of Buddah, Mary, Jesus. What the bible says about this?

What is your stand on this?

Do you mean if it's a sin like in the bible when people were praying to idols and God destroyed them cause they should only be praying to him? I don't think so, since those are statues of the said gods or their apostles/prophets. By praying to the statue the person is praying to the appropriate god, so nothing wrong with it.

There were people however that thought praying to church icons for example is a sin in that manner. In the Byzantine empire the anti icon movement were especially strong early on in the first millennium BC. At one point they even managed to ban all visual depictions of christian saints and Christ himself for about a hundred years if I'm not mistaken.

In Islam to this day it's unacceptable to draw Allah, though nobody knows how Allah looks anyway Cheesy

God is known by many names, Krishna, Alah, Govinda, because he has so many aspects, for instance Krishna means Allattractive... and God never destroys sinners or for praying to other idols, or whatever your wish is, God is kind and he leaves us with that 20% of free will that we have here, and even that is decreased due to other things in your life...  And so he leaves us alone, God never smites, except if his devotee is in trouble, when a devotee needs him he comes and saves him of unfortunate situtation. But other than that, God is never angry, his only wish is that we come back home, oooo, oooooo, would you come back home?!

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:05:13 PM

Depends on what religious denomination you are. But almost all religion has only One God to pray.
Yes, today religions mostly have only one God, or in case of Buddhism... teacher. But that is not the case here. Question here is, is it wrong to pray to a statue, in meaning to idolize statue over a real saint. To consider a statue like living thing. I think that if you are a believer it would be "wrong" to consider statue of some saint a living thing, and speak to it as if statue listen. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: