Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:07:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Import private key in blockchain  (Read 696 times)
stiffbud (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:05:25 AM

I am trying to import my privatekey from mycelium to blockchain but I have this error  The value you entered does not appear to be a valid Private Key or bitcoin address
I don't know where else I can import my privatekey to access my wallet if it will not work in blockchain. Can you suggest me a wallet I can use in my pc?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hajimasan

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:19:46 AM

I am trying to import my privatekey from mycelium to blockchain but I have this error  The value you entered does not appear to be a valid Private Key or bitcoin address
I don't know where else I can import my privatekey to access my wallet if it will not work in blockchain. Can you suggest me a wallet I can use in my pc?
I know this Problem fully , but here I will say sorry that this has no solution at all instead to use mysellium .
Here you are using HD wallet of the mysellium which gives varying address after each transaction , which is an program of mysellium developer not of the blockchain .
So here you can't import but if you want to import the private key of the single address then you can done easily without any problem .
( I already tried for the single address and it is working fine without any problem )
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 05:25:25 AM

Mycelium HD uses a deterministic creation of wallet according to the bip39 standard, unfortunately it is not supported by Blockchain.info, although you can still import it to a desktop electrum wallet which has support for it for months. It is also safer than a web wallet

stiffbud (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:30:15 AM

I know this Problem fully , but here I will say sorry that this has no solution at all instead to use mysellium .
Here you are using HD wallet of the mysellium which gives varying address after each transaction , which is an program of mysellium developer not of the blockchain .
So here you can't import but if you want to import the private key of the single address then you can done easily without any problem .
( I already tried for the single address and it is working fine without any problem )
I am trying to import a privatekey of a single wallet not an HD. Can you tell me how to import it in blockchain please?
Mycelium HD uses a deterministic creation of wallet according to the bip39 standard, unfortunately it is not supported by Blockchain.info, although you can still import it to a desktop electrum wallet which has support for it for months. It is also safer than a web wallet
I'll try it in electrum if my internet speed will process the wallet. My internet is laggy so I thought a web wallet will work fine but seem it will not.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 05:52:48 AM

If you exported a mycelium classic private key, it should be in plain text and easily imported to blockchain.info web wallet, however it is hard for me to help you without compromising your funds.

Electrum desktop wallet is quick, it use an array of server nodes so you do not need to download or sync the whole blockchain on first startup like core.

piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:42:54 AM

I suggest you to use Ethereum desktop or mobile wallet, they give you private keys which works with almost any other wallet including blockchain.info web wallets. Also they are easy to use and have features like import private keys and swap private keys.
stiffbud (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:09:33 PM

If you exported a mycelium classic private key, it should be in plain text and easily imported to blockchain.info web wallet, however it is hard for me to help you without compromising your funds.

Electrum desktop wallet is quick, it use an array of server nodes so you do not need to download or sync the whole blockchain on first startup like core.
I downloaded the electrum and succesfully made a wallet in it. I tried importing the privatekey from mycelium again but it will not work. Is the encrypted privatekey written on the pdf backup of mycelium wallet different from a privatekey I can export directly on the mycelium app? Currently I have no access to the mycelium so I only have the one in pdf.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 01:23:51 AM

I suggest you to use Ethereum desktop or mobile wallet, they give you private keys which works with almost any other wallet including blockchain.info web wallets. Also they are easy to use and have features like import private keys and swap private keys.
You said Ethereum desktop ot mobile wallet? Its bitcoin not ethereum. I bet you have an typo here for electrum as what others are saying. But for the issue of OP,  I guess its a real problem, since I'm mycelium user also but I never think for exporting mycelium's private key to blockchain's wallet which is not possible tho. Will watch this thread if OP finds an alternative wallet to export from mycelium's PK.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: