Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:58:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum - why buy coins?  (Read 1663 times)
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 06:30:05 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2017, 06:41:52 AM by benthach

I appreciate all comments. Not sure how I feel about investing in Ethereum just yet, I need to research more..

I only heard about Ethereum few weeks ago when there was an announcement that Microsoft, IBM etc have formed some sort of Ethereum foundation or cooperation .. It is late and I am even tired to look up the url but here it is http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-intel-banks-form-enterprise-ethereum-blockchain-alliance/

So then I watched the Vitalik presentation where he explained that ethereum can run small programs distributed accross PCs. Like bittorent but for applications. So I figured that is why Microsoft / IBM are interested - because it is a distributed API platform. Banks are also mentioned as interested in the alliance, which probably is due to the fact, like I already mentioned above, that Ethereum can be inflated as much as they want. Banks like that.

Like I said ,I am not trading no coin at all so I am not into all this... but thought I don't want to miss if Ethereum is going to be jumping like bitcoin is. I can put some small amount in this just for fun.

I appreciate all the responses. It does seem like there is many "blockchains" these days and the newest thing seem to be... like Ethereum, they just sell their initial coin offerings for cash/bitcoins. So they are really crowdfunding themselves. Very clever of them. But for people like me... we just wanna see if can make some cash or maybe some site providing some service around crypto currencies ...

I hate the fact that they initially presented ctyptocurrencies as decentralized alternatives to fiat money... but today seems the crypto business model is to be  doing the "pump and dump" kind of deal ... Cryptocurrency has future and so there is new currencies all the time.

I hated bitcoin for Mtgox... those criminals stole money... and it was my first try ... So I got caught in a bad luck situation. I am not sure If I even trust any of these exchanges.. not that I have used any.

Ok I am just rambling now.. over and out.

useless crap after useless crap
the dao, hundred of millions wasted!
r3, hundred of millions wasted!
ethereum blockchain alliance is no different.
all using ethereieum. like i said, people are being fooled as they believed some kind of dark force is behind this crazy hype etherieum.
they're keep using crap that is not working. they all should be fire for mentioning something like etherium in such reputation companies, to me it sound like these guys are miner them self and this is the legal way to steal the money from their company. i'm sure these guys have personal benefits from it in some ways by using etherium, to steal their companies money.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:39:45 AM

Current drama show that BTC is not so decentalized... at least in case of mining.
Miners using exploit block BTC segwit to mine on exploit +20% more.

first of all what exploit in BTC!!!

also the current drama is actually proving that bitcoin IS decentralized. if it were anything like ethereum or other centralized altcoins, it would have forked already and left another forked chain behind!

being decentralized, as i said above and you didn't read, means one person or a group can not control the decisions. it needs consensus and no change has reached that level yet which is why bitcoin will stay as strong as it was before.

I appreciate all comments. Not sure how I feel about investing in Ethereum just yet, I need to research more..
if you really want to invest then do it. but don't fall for the hype, that is all i am trying to say.
as traders we all know ethereum is an awesome investment if you know when to get in and when to get your money out. because the pumps will always have an expiration date.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
zzert1234 (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 11:58:52 AM

useless crap after useless crap
the dao, hundred of millions wasted!
r3, hundred of millions wasted!
ethereum blockchain alliance is no different.
all using ethereieum. like i said, people are being fooled as they believed some kind of dark force is behind this crazy hype etherieum.
they're keep using crap that is not working. they all should be fire for mentioning something like etherium in such reputation companies, to me it sound like these guys are miner them self and this is the legal way to steal the money from their company. i'm sure these guys have personal benefits from it in some ways by using etherium, to steal their companies money.

I think the interest from big tech companies and banks is genuine because of the distributed API and the inflationary/coin printing abilities. I think this is a strong pointer that  it will keep growing. And I don't want to support another fiat coin, but what can one person do ? Only try to make some cash.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: