Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:53:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Talk Bitcoin! #6 "Cyprus & Serendipity" Big Jeffrey A. Tucker Interview  (Read 5301 times)
mindtomatter (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 02:11:29 AM

Just listened. Great work!

Thanks Charles

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:39:03 AM

.1 BTC Donation sent. I believe in what you (and we) are doing. Keep up the great work - you and your guests are a great service to the bitcoin community. Looking forward to more shows.

IAS

ps - I was just talking about a legal defense in general.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 02:14:29 PM

Thanks,
I asked Bradley again about accepting bitcoin donations - He basically said they do not currently because they were unclear on the legal and tax implications.  I noted that FinCEN guidance was pretty clear so long as they don't sell the bitcoins for US Dollars.  He said they were currently working on accepting bitcoin donations, and I linked him to coinwidget.com

Hopefully there will be a solution up soon.

Thanks for the donation - We've recieved .82btc from the various donation addresses (I separate it to track where donations come from) for Episode 1 of Lets Talk Bitcoin!

Breakdown:
Soundcloud page - Two donations totaling .12btc
Email Donation - One donation .10btc
"Building Platforms" address - One donation  .10btc
Main Page widget - One donation - .50btc

jag2k2

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:54:38 PM

Love the show!

It is a bi-weekly event correct?  Are there two particular days in the week you are targeting to release (like Tues/Fri or something like that)?

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. - Thomas Jefferson
waxwing

Activity: 469
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 04:09:05 PM

That 0.1 was from me Smiley Sterling work, keep it up!

PGP fingerprint 2B6FC204D9BF332D062B 461A141001A1AF77F20B (use email to contact)
mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 04:28:04 PM

That 0.1 was from me Smiley Sterling work, keep it up!

Thanks Smiley We will.

Love the show!

It is a bi-weekly event correct?  Are there two particular days in the week you are targeting to release (like Tues/Fri or something like that)?

Saturdays and Tuesdays, next episode should be out tomorrow afternoon pacific standard time.

mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 12:10:21 AM

Let's Talk Bitcoin! is a show for users new and old of Cryptocurrencies and the current king of them all, Bitcoin!   Episodes will range from 45 minutes to an hour, and include news, analysis and original interviews.  

For previous episodes & our Listener Support widget, visit us at www.letstalkbitcoin.com

Send Listener Questions, Feedback, plus offers to help the cause and join our team to adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Also, we're looking for members to join our Bitcoin Community Roundtable - If you're doing something in the Bitcoin community and want to be made available of interview opportunities as they arise, Check out the specific thread for more details https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=186752

Each episode takes about 10 hours to produce, please support the show if you like what we're doing.
1KnwasrqdsrWQHaN4NY7aeDBJR61ms8oYP

Hosts:
Adam B. Levine
Stephanie Murphy, PhD
Andreas M. Antonopoulos

Subscribe/Podcast/RSS Feed Here

Episode 002 - All Things Butter!
  • Project Talk!
  • Listener "Daryl" Takes the first Horrible Warning of the Week award with his story about Bitfloor
  • The Anti-Gox: We talk about everything Buttercoin
  • Promises Promises!  Paypal weighs in on Crypto + The Latest, Greatest 250Gh/s Mining Gear - Does anybody buy the hype?
  • I sit down with David Perry of CodingInMySleep.com for a heart-to-heart on Butterfly Labs
  • Is Bitcoin the way out of government corruption for third world countries?
  • Correspondent Peter Dushenski checks in on De-Geekifying Cryptography.

Main Post updated with Episode 2 information

Frozenlock

Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:54:27 AM

Really enjoyed the podcast!

If you really are going to talk about alt-coins next week, could you mention that some Bitcoin users (me, for example) hate Litecoin?  Grin

I can't stand the pump & dump attitude related to it:

Litecoin (...), that's going to be the Facebook to Bitcoin's Myspace
We could see the Bitcoin market completely tank and move over to Litecoin in a day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2u3BNiANVA

However I'm all in favor of alt-coins with new features, such as Namecoin.

Disclaimer: I don't own any Namecoin
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:17:01 AM

We could see the Bitcoin market completely tank and move over to Litecoin in a day
Eh, right, that needs some reality. If you focus on the real struggles that Bitcoin faces, such as exchanges, the uncertainly on how governments will regulate it, and merchant adoption, none of those are solved in the least by using another alt-chain.

Any way you want to promote/pump/dump your coin is fine but don't do it by bashing Bitcoin. Outsiders just won't understand. They see all cryptocurrencies as Bitcoin. They don't appreciate the difference between mining algorithms in the least. They just see uncertainty and infighting and reconsider "should I do this cryptocurrency thing"?

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
yona

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:23:34 AM

thank you, great show
mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 01:41:28 PM

Eh, right, that needs some reality. If you focus on the real struggles that Bitcoin faces, such as exchanges, the uncertainly on how governments will regulate it, and merchant adoption, none of those are solved in the least by using another alt-chain.

Any way you want to promote/pump/dump your coin is fine but don't do it by bashing Bitcoin. Outsiders just won't understand. They see all cryptocurrencies as Bitcoin. They don't appreciate the difference between mining algorithms in the least. They just see uncertainty and infighting and reconsider "should I do this cryptocurrency thing"?

Hey guys,
Thanks for the comments - I am very skeptical of alt-coins personally for exactly that reason:

I think the biggest hurdle in Bitcoins future will be legislative and regulatory, and none of those things can be solved by an alt-coin - I thought Andreas made a really great point about how alt-coins COULD address that problem, but only when there is actually a reason to do it (i.e. they're banned)

I was initially curious about the alt-chains but after watching SolidCoin I determined it was better to stick with the original which had been very thoroughly vetted.

The Litecoin bump seems more about contingency planning in case of technical issues with BTC (i.e. the encryption is broken and we need to switch to a new scheme) than anything else, and as I mentioned I do not think it will be a technical hurdle but rather legal/regulatory.  I do not think this is commonly understood with the people who support litecoin as the likely successor to BTC.

Frozenlock

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 03:05:02 AM

More for my Litecoin hatred
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOCKm4aEIXE

Litecoin is the second decentralized, peer to peer currency, that was created by the Bitcoin community.
No! It wasn't the second, and it's not by the "Bitcoin community"! YARG!
mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 03:03:33 PM

More for my Litecoin hatred
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOCKm4aEIXE

Litecoin is the second decentralized, peer to peer currency, that was created by the Bitcoin community.
No! It wasn't the second, and it's not by the "Bitcoin community"! YARG!

What was the second?  I actually am looking for someone who has been paying attention to the alt coins and can relay the history and rough timeline, that sound like you frozenlock?

mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 11:48:16 PM

I was the guest on episode 46 of POP CULTIVATION, we spent about an hour talking about Bitcoin and answering his questions.

This was a very casual show, there is a small amount of swearing - it is uncut and unedited so if you're into that, have at.

It's on the podcast feed or available at my blog.

Frozenlock

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:16:05 AM

What was the second?  I actually am looking for someone who has been paying attention to the alt coins and can relay the history and rough timeline, that sound like you frozenlock?

Nan sorry, I didn't look much into altcoins until recently.

I do know however that Namecoin was already there back in 2011 when I started looking into Bitcoin.

You could probably find someone to answer your questions in the alternate cryptocurrencies subforum.
Freebanking.org

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 10:51:40 PM

Good stuff guys.

Glad you got Bradley Jansen from freebanking.org ... he very aptly spelled out what is going to be the coal face in the regulatory reaction (via the abominable Bank Secrecy Act). Monetary freedom is not going to be a reality until the laws around money and private banking are changed.

Thanks, I'm going to try to cover Bitcoin more than we have--and I welcome more allies against the BSA and FinCEN!
Freebanking.org

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 10:54:15 PM

Thanks,
I asked Bradley again about accepting bitcoin donations - He basically said they do not currently because they were unclear on the legal and tax implications.  I noted that FinCEN guidance was pretty clear so long as they don't sell the bitcoins for US Dollars.  He said they were currently working on accepting bitcoin donations, and I linked him to coinwidget.com

Hopefully there will be a solution up soon.

Thanks, Adam, yes, we're working on it.
paulie_w

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 11:26:46 PM

adam the quality just keeps getting better! well done!
mindtomatter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 02:33:14 AM

Thanks Paulie!

Also, episode 3 has been delayed a day due to a scheduling mixup, you can read details about it here and also listen to episode 46 of POP CULTIVATION, which I appeared on as a guest talking about Bitcoin http://letstalkbitcoin.com/post/49277689923/excuse-our-delay-we-record-our-host

charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 02:33:56 AM

Any mention of the Bitcoin Education Project?

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: