Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:23:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC/sec rather than Hash/sec?  (Read 550 times)
RustyGunz (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:19:13 AM

So i'm sitting here looking at the hash rate i'm running right now and thinking to myself, "Man I'd like to know how fast i'm actually earning bitcoins at this rate, at this difficulty". Sure, one can go through a pre-made site or do the math them self and find a static number, but I'd like to see a constantly changing rate of BTC/sec. I feels like reading just the RPMs on your car's dashboard, factoring in what gear you're in, and determining your mph from there. Do any services include/have considered this? I'm picturing just a toggle more or less for eye candy's sake.

Rusty
diamondsea

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:22:17 AM

Well, it would be a very rough guesstimate as to BTC/hr, as it depends on luck, the size of your pool (or if you're solo mining, even more luck).

But it shouldn't be hard to implement, I'd think.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:24:47 AM

I bet if you do a google search for 'bitcoin hashrate calculator' or some variation thereof you can find one of the websites that has a calculator where you input your hashrate and the difficulty and it will output your expected btc generation speed.

The fundamental reason people quote the hash rate and not the btc rate is that the hashrate is basically fixed, and determined by the hardware you are running on. The btc rate will fluctuate according to the current difficulty, so while you might be making 1 btc per day now, after the difficulty changes you might only be making 0.5 btc per day, even though your hardware is still running at the same speed.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
RustyGunz (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:35:45 AM

Ok yea i understand. I started thinking about this because in the Eligius dash it gives you "Approximately xxxx BTC remaining to enter payout queue. Maintaining your 3 hour hashrate average, this will take at least another x days, y hours and z minutes at current network difficulty of 8974296.01." This time changes with fluctuations in the 3hr rate, so it makes me think there is actually pretty much what I'm talking about already out there, just working in the background. With time left and a decreasing total to get into the pool, given the difficulty, they're basically calculating a btc/min rate in the background to provide a rough estimate.

Oh well, something for grander minds than mine to consider.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: