Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:40:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized/P2P Services?  (Read 850 times)
Blockonomics.co (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 08:49:06 PM

Hi! We are Blockonomics.co, and we are a startup working to provide decentralized and free services that work with bitcoin.

Right now, we've created:
  • A free Peer to Peer Invoicing Solution
  • A tool to generate receipts for every bitcoin transaction
  • A free Wallet Watcher which will send email updates for your address(es)
  • A free merchant integration to accept BTC directly without going through KYC/AML or any middlemen
  • A fee wizard to estimate the appropriate fee you should pay for your transaction

We want to ask the community: what features would you like to see in the future? We're more aimed towards implementing free solutions that simply work, without going through lengthy verification processes. Great examples of what we mean are BitSquare and OpenBazaar.

Oh, and we're also launching a new service in a little less than 4 days that will allow you to send bitcoin via email. You can get early access here.

So, what do you guys think? Any new ways we could give back to the community and help adoption?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:42:07 AM

One question. Why do you think we need peer to peer invoices and what inefficiencies in the market is it trying to solve?

Another thing I want to know is what kind of businesses or services do you think Blockonomics will be of most use?

Finally is your code open source? I would like to see your Github if it is.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:59:45 AM

Great work dev.
For merchant tool, how much wallet service which support your merchant tool? Can I use electrum?

The future feature I would like to see is kind of openbazaar with simple setup and easy access.

Better to look deeper into the blockonomics site.
https://github.com/blockonomics
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:14:09 AM

Hi! We are Blockonomics.co, and we are a startup working to provide decentralized and free services that work with bitcoin.

• A free merchant integration to accept BTC directly without going through KYC/AML or any middlemen
  • A fee wizard to estimate the appropriate fee you should pay for your transaction

We want to ask the community: what features would you like to see in the future? We're more aimed towards implementing free solutions that simply work, without going through lengthy verification processes. Great examples of what we mean are BitSquare and OpenBazaar.

Oh, and we're also launching a new service in a little less than 4 days that will allow you to send bitcoin via email. You can get early access here.

So, what do you guys think? Any new ways we could give back to the community and help adoption?

That's great.

But I think that it has already been done before. There are a lot of freelance bitcoin sites or job sites that offer to accept bitcoin out there. There are also escrow sites that also offer a "peer to peer invoicing solution".

However, I like the tool to generate a receipt on each transaction. I don't think that has been done before.
Wallet watcher? Well if you use Coinbase or Coinjar, you've already got that function inbuilt.

A fee wizard? Already done as well.

But I like the idea of putting all of these things into one functional site. It should be interesting.

Good luck with your project!

Blockonomics.co (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 11:49:02 AM

One question. Why do you think we need peer to peer invoices and what inefficiencies in the market is it trying to solve?

Another thing I want to know is what kind of businesses or services do you think Blockonomics will be of most use?

Many people need to create invoices and accept payments. We believe that it is easier for users to generate their own invoices and accept payments directly instead of having to go through middlemen.

Our services can be used by many people. Typical users can use our wallet watcher to track their bitcoins; businesses can use our eCommerce plugins on their website to accept direct bitcoin payments; freelancers can create free invoices to get paid.

Some of our code is available on GitHub.
https://github.com/blockonomics

Great work dev.
For merchant tool, how much wallet service which support your merchant tool? Can I use electrum?

Yes! In fact, we would strongly recommend using electrum. We support any wallet to receive payments, but we would strongly suggest one that supports xpub (Extended Public Key).

That's great.

But I think that it has already been done before. There are a lot of freelance bitcoin sites or job sites that offer to accept bitcoin out there. There are also escrow sites that also offer a "peer to peer invoicing solution".

However, I like the tool to generate a receipt on each transaction. I don't think that has been done before.
Wallet watcher? Well if you use Coinbase or Coinjar, you've already got that function inbuilt.

A fee wizard? Already done as well.

But I like the idea of putting all of these things into one functional site. It should be interesting.

Good luck with your project!

Our invoice service isn't limited to freelancers; anyone with a bitcoin address can generate a professional, great-looking invoice to receive payments.

Our wallet watcher service also enables users to receive email notifications on their transactions without having to keep their private keys with any third party.

We are also launching a new feature soon! It will allow you to send bitcoins via email. We believe that this is a new service which hasn't been done before; recipients don't need to have an account with us to receive bitcoins!
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 567

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:25:04 PM

I just also wanted to point our two major difference with blockonomics' invoicing solution:
  • Complete Invoice content is encrypted end to end. So no third party or blockonomics can find out your invoice content
  • No personal information asked. Not even an emailid. Only required is your own bitcoin address

You can use other invoice solutions like Coinbase. However Coinbase servers have complete content of your invoices along with your personal information. Which is not an exactly ideal scenario for your privacy.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:32:34 PM

It's great to see that new website like this is being created to provide broader options for the community. I know that many websites also provide the same services like you but having a new one is always welcome. I take a look at your website and everything seems working fine. The transition from different pages is very smooth and there are no dead pages. It would be better if you could provide some advertisements (in forms of signature campaign, twitter campaign, etc.) to increase your exposure in the community. You need to expand your reach to attract more individuals to your website.
Blockonomics.co (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 09:18:47 PM

It's great to see that new website like this is being created to provide broader options for the community. I know that many websites also provide the same services like you but having a new one is always welcome. I take a look at your website and everything seems working fine. The transition from different pages is very smooth and there are no dead pages. It would be better if you could provide some advertisements (in forms of signature campaign, twitter campaign, etc.) to increase your exposure in the community. You need to expand your reach to attract more individuals to your website.

Thank you for your feedback! We're starting to increase our exposure.
Would there happen to be any new services you would like to see?
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 04:06:50 AM

Ethereum smart contract based P2P trading platform for bitcoin and alt can be nice idea and i think it is also possible to make. Don't have much idea regarding this smart contracts but i have heard that this can be done.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
pinkflower

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:29:35 AM

Good idea. Another thing I want to ask is would it be possible for the receipts to be made encrypted and only for the buyer and the seller to see if the choose to, with the option to make it readable to the public?

The darknet markets could be a good market for this as a useful tool for a reputation system.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:46:57 PM

I have a few suggestions personally:

• Start by adding SMS support while alerting users because most of people don't check emails frequently
  • Build an Android & iOS application and again, make alerts as phone notifications as well
  • Some features such as watching addresses should be made for different altcoins as well and not only bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Blockonomics.co (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 08:19:37 PM

Ethereum smart contract based P2P trading platform for bitcoin and alt can be nice idea and i think it is also possible to make. Don't have much idea regarding this smart contracts but i have heard that this can be done.

Unfortunately, that would be quite complex and it would involve multiple cryptocurrencies, something we're not too comfortable to dive into yet. Will keep it in mind for the future though.

Good idea. Another thing I want to ask is would it be possible for the receipts to be made encrypted and only for the buyer and the seller to see if the choose to, with the option to make it readable to the public?

The darknet markets could be a good market for this as a useful tool for a reputation system.

Hmm, could you expand on that? Our invoices are encrypted since these are generated by the user, which could contain sensitive information. However, transaction receipts are available to anyone; you only need the txid to generate the receipt, so not too sure what you mean.

I have a few suggestions personally:

• Start by adding SMS support while alerting users because most of people don't check emails frequently
  • Build an Android & iOS application and again, make alerts as phone notifications as well
  • Some features such as watching addresses should be made for different altcoins as well and not only bitcoin.

SMS support is definitely something we'll consider. Moving onto mobile apps is a good suggestion, but we're not too sure if we can offer enough functionality to warrant an app.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:22:30 PM

If I'm not mistaken you're trying to develop a bitcoin and a bitcoin wallet/core with the already existing functionalities/options and offer them through a web site? I know that we already can do those things with the well established and trusted services.
Blockonomics.co (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 10:52:38 PM

If I'm not mistaken you're trying to develop a bitcoin and a bitcoin wallet/core with the already existing functionalities/options and offer them through a web site? I know that we already can do those things with the well established and trusted services.

Not at all. We're not trying to develop a web-based wallet.

We are aiming to provide services that the bitcoin community will find useful. These services implement bitcoin in some way or another, and they are all free and peer-to-peer. To use them, you don't need to trust us at all. Or anyone, for that matter.

pinkflower

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:28:58 AM

Hmm, could you expand on that? Our invoices are encrypted since these are generated by the user, which could contain sensitive information. However, transaction receipts are available to anyone; you only need the txid to generate the receipt, so not too sure what you mean.

Ok. I thought the receipts will be made readable for anyone to see on the internet. If they are only readable for the user and the merchant then good. Theres no need to do anything else. All Im saying is the potential use case for decentralized receipts will go hand in hand in a reputation system of Open Bazaar or some platform like it.
Blockonomics.co (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 10:25:15 AM

Ok. I thought the receipts will be made readable for anyone to see on the internet. If they are only readable for the user and the merchant then good. Theres no need to do anything else. All Im saying is the potential use case for decentralized receipts will go hand in hand in a reputation system of Open Bazaar or some platform like it.

I think you're confusing our receipts and invoices. An invoice is where a customer generates a request for payment, like a bill, with a bitcoin address and things that need to be paid for. These invoices are encrypted.

A transaction receipt is just like a confirmation that a transaction was successful, and that x BTC was transferred from address y to address z.
pinkflower

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:26:58 AM

I think you're confusing our receipts and invoices. An invoice is where a customer generates a request for payment, like a bill, with a bitcoin address and things that need to be paid for. These invoices are encrypted.

A transaction receipt is just like a confirmation that a transaction was successful, and that x BTC was transferred from address y to address z.

Dont they come together? After a successful purchase the buyer should hold a receipt from the seller as proof that the said purchase took place with all the details of the transaction in it. Again, this will be put to good use in a decentralized reputation system. The more successful transactions as shown with the receipts the seller issued the more points he gets as a trustworthy merchant.
Blockonomics.co (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 12:24:44 PM

Dont they come together? After a successful purchase the buyer should hold a receipt from the seller as proof that the said purchase took place with all the details of the transaction in it. Again, this will be put to good use in a decentralized reputation system. The more successful transactions as shown with the receipts the seller issued the more points he gets as a trustworthy merchant.

No, they're two separate services. All that a transaction receipt states is that bitcoins were transferred, nothing else.
pinkflower

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:41:47 AM

Oh ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. I wish you good luck nevertheless and I hope you and your team will reach your goals and enjoy much success in the future.

One thing I want to know from you is what is your stance on the scaling debate? Are you for Bitcoin Unlimited or for activating Segregated Witness?
Blockonomics.co (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 01:22:20 PM

Oh ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. I wish you good luck nevertheless and I hope you and your team will reach your goals and enjoy much success in the future.

One thing I want to know from you is what is your stance on the scaling debate? Are you for Bitcoin Unlimited or for activating Segregated Witness?

We were the second business/company to announce our support for a SegWit UASF yesterday, just after Trezor did. Here is our announcement.
https://twitter.com/blockonomics_co/status/851770427529670658
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: