Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside-the-Dragons-Den-Bitcoin-Cores-Troll-Army  (Read 3832 times)
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 05:19:10 PM

You still don't understand HF implications. A rushed HF would break a huge part of the infrastructure.

learn consensus

you are soo deep down the reddit script rabbit hole that you can only think of 2 things
1. softs best case scenario..
2. hards worse case scenario.

you are now even in favour of letting core "break a huge part of the infrastructure" simply because you dont understand
just because they say its soft is meaningless

soft just means they used a backdoor exploit to bypass real consensus.
going soft does not mean its safer. just means that in theory they can bypass some of the communities right to vote.
that is all.

hard just means full community vote. without bypassing
going hard does not mean its riskier. just means that in theory it requires full consensus of the communities right to vote.
that is all.

no one (apart from core) has wanted intentional splits or controversial splits.
wake up to who is throwing the "break a huge part of the infrastructure" bombs.

Its getting tiresone listening to the fear-mongering about HF -v- SF. Its all about politics.

A well organised HF is not problematic. It only becomes problematic when it is contentious - and the only party that have made it contentious by their intransigence ( and lies and double crossing) is Blockrtream/Core. Its political because they sold a specific use case to AXA which required Bitcoin to be subverted into a settlement layer, for transactions occurring on a TBD second layer. LN was the star turn in that role for 12 month ( but I think the veneer is finally starting to crack on that cheap trick) Segwit (which in itself is a good feature) was butchered/hacked so that it could be deployed as a SF, purely to support the narrative of "HF is dangerous!!"

But I think the message is starting to get though now. People can see the degree to which the narative is being controlled on this forum and /r/bitcoin.

Blockstream labeling anyone who disagrees with them as a shill is getting transparent. When your only argument against someone is to call them a "shill" you have lost the argument.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 05:19:55 PM

Ha, I remember that. You almost sucked the ass right of poor Adam Back. I'd say he felt like he had found a lost puppy.

You are a sham, Lauda.
This is complete bullshit and an outright lie. I was in a private channel, definitely not in one where the likes of you are.

You would be surprised where I can pop up.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:36:27 PM

This is complete bullshit and an outright lie. I was in a private channel, definitely not in one where the likes of you are.

look at lauda thinking he has attained certain privileged boysclub status.
yep lauda i already called you out on your commit of only being literally a spell check and not a code fix. so dont play on that as your claim to fame either..
P.S c++ not java.. for fture reference when you finally want to contribute something

though you are part of the blockstream trolling group you only got to hang around the water cooler

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 10:05:05 PM

You would be surprised where I can pop up.
You were not part of it, and neither was Adam Back. Therefore, your statement is an outright lie.

yep lauda i already called you out on your commit of only being literally a spell check and not a code fix. so dont play on that as your claim to fame either..
Nobody ever claimed that it was a code fix. That's the assumption that you've created, and a possible reality of which you're afraid of.

P.S c++ not java.. for fture reference when you finally want to contribute something
Yet you know neither one of those two. Roll Eyes

though you are part of the blockstream trolling group you only got to hang around the water cooler
There is no such thing as the "Blockstream trolling group", same is the case with "Cores Troll Army".

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 11:41:50 PM

Yo Dummy, they can schedule the Hard Fork to occur in 3 months from today, that is hardly rushed.
Only your lame ass baby core devs are too incompetent to pull off a hard fork.[/color]
Updating all Bitcoin ATMs, merchants and wallets in 3 months? Roll Eyes

If the infrasturcture can't update in 3 months, then we should scrap the whole damn BTC system now , as it is a waste of time.
The truth is those so called ATM , are nothing more than fancy interfaces for Exchanges.
The exchange would update their BTC client and that is it, same for the merchants.
You do realize you Bitcoin Core Trolls make BTC seem like the most incompetent coin out there, with your can't do this and can't do that attitude.
The only thing Bitcoin Core Trolls have proven Can't be Done, is they can't shut the fuck up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_ATM
Bitcoin machines are not ATMs in the traditional sense and probably use the wording ATM as a neologism.
Bitcoin kiosks are machines which are connected to the Internet, allowing the insertion of cash in exchange for bitcoins given as a paper receipt or by moving money to a public key on the blockchain.
They look like traditional ATMs, but Bitcoin kiosks do not connect to a bank account and instead connect the user directly to a Bitcoin exchange.

Cool

FYI:
There is no such thing as the "Blockstream trolling group", same is the case with "Cores Troll Army".

Lauda, CB, & BillyBobZorton definitely wear the Bitcoin Core Troll Army Uniforms.
Methinks you do Protest too much.  Cheesy
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:26:02 AM

Lauda, CB, & BillyBobZorton definitely wear the Bitcoin Core Troll Army Uniforms.
Methinks you do Protest too much.  Cheesy

lauda wants to think he is not a troll but a
wizard
dragon
ninja

lol thats the point i was making when i said lauda only gets to hang around the water cooler rather then be invited to the secret clubs  (i was and still am giving subtle hints to see how deep he can dig his own hole)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:40:44 AM

There is no such thing as the "Blockstream trolling group"

What's it officially called then?  The "core fanboy patrol"? or... 

jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 05:11:12 AM

Hey BU shill! You need to see a doctor asap. Something is definitely fyooked with your brain.

Core is the core of bitcoin and it will stay like that. It is you and your kind are the real trolls whose only purpose to destroy bitcoin. Luckily nobody's stupid enough to fall for your scams.

I approve of some of this post.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 05:19:00 AM

I think it is interesting that the dirbag jratcliff63367 agreed to say that he personally know that Roger Ver was employing an astroturfing firm, attract a bunch of attention, only to later admit this was a baseless claim with absolutely no merit.

I wonder if the above was one of blockstream's troll/smear campaigns and how much that dirtbag ended up getting paid to say that.
anonymoustroll420

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 05:23:03 AM

I think it is interesting that the dirbag jratcliff63367 agreed to say that he personally know that Roger Ver was employing an astroturfing firm, attract a bunch of attention, only to later admit this was a baseless claim with absolutely no merit.

I wonder if the above was one of blockstream's troll/smear campaigns and how much that dirtbag ended up getting paid to say that.

Perhaps Roger Ver threatened to sue him, and he decided making the claim was not worth the risk of a lawsuit or some kind of retaliation.

He also said in one of his apologies:
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6019zf/this_is_a_complete_lie_with_no_truth_to_it/df2xacc/
It was a mistake to post that without sufficient information, and I immediately realized that and deleted it.

The wording "sufficient information" is a little suspicious, and could mean that he saw something to suggest he was doing that but did not have conclusive evidence.

Please don't stop us from using ASICBoost which we're not using
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 05:29:15 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2017, 05:40:34 AM by Quickseller

Perhaps Roger Ver threatened to sue him, and he decided making the claim was not worth the risk of a lawsuit or some kind of retaliation.
Roger Ver is a liberation, and is very strongly against violence and the use of force. In order to enforce a judgment won in a lawsuit, the use of force would need to be threatened.

Also, it would be easy enough to get that kind of a lawsuit dismissed as frivolous (and likely be awarded attorney's fees) by simply providing proof that an astroturfing firm was being employed.

He also said in one of his apologies:
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6019zf/this_is_a_complete_lie_with_no_truth_to_it/df2xacc/
It was a mistake to post that without sufficient information, and I immediately realized that and deleted it.

The wording "sufficient information" is a little suspicious, and could mean that he saw something to suggest he was doing that but did not have conclusive evidence.
He said affirmatively that Roger is using an astroturfing firm. If he knew this then it would be easy enough to post the evidence. He did not say that he suspected that he employed an astroturfing firm.

I would also point out that he also quickly deleted the comment (which I would suspect was part of his agreement with #dragonsden in order to give himself cover), but someone noticed and very loudly pointed out the comment.

Probably most importantly, if Roger was employing an astroturfing firm, I don't think they would leave their business card with the moderators of the subreddit that the astroturfing is taking place in.

edit: it looks like he later said that his comment was (baseless) speculation.

I can provide no proof of this. It's just a guess based on his social media posting patterns.
anonymoustroll420

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:29:21 AM

Roger Ver is a liberation, and is very strongly against violence and the use of force. In order to enforce a judgment won in a lawsuit, the use of force would need to be threatened.

He has sued many people before

http://www.coindesk.com/roger-ver-sues-bitcoin-exchange-okcoin-570k/
http://thenewtoday.gd/local-news/2017/03/06/the-us1million-lawsuit-against-oveson/#gsc.tab=0

Also, it would be easy enough to get that kind of a lawsuit dismissed as frivolous (and likely be awarded attorney's fees) by simply providing proof that an astroturfing firm was being employed.  

You never know how a lawsuit will play out. Especially in a libel lawsuit where there is no affirmative defense. A lawsuit would require jratcliff63367 invest his own money in defending himself and even if he is cleared of all wrongdoing, there is no guarantee that he would be reimbursed for all or any of his legal fees. A lawsuit is also extremely stressful, and many people would rather retract a comment they made on the internet rather than go through such an ordeal, which would require enormous amounts of time and money and the stress can have a serious affect on a persons health. If thats what happened, it certainly wouldn't be the first time a person retracted a statement they made in good faith because of the risk of a lawsuit.

It's just a theory in any case. Without further evidence nobody knows what really happened here.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:39:11 AM

An affirmative defense in a libel lawsuit is that what was said is true.

The possible threat of a libel lawsuit also does not account for the fact that a moderator of r/btc would have no reason to be told about astroturfing activities if such activities actually existed.
anonymoustroll420

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:48:55 AM

What is considered libel is up to interpretation. jratcliff63367 may have been stating his opinion that he believes that astroturfing was occurring, but not stating it as fact. jratcliff63367 may not have been acting in malice. And the claim may not have caused harm to Roger Ver's reputation. There may have been truth to the claim, but jratcliff63367 did not have recorded evidence of it. All of these things are up to interpretation.

The possible threat of a libel lawsuit also does not account for the fact that a moderator of r/btc would have no reason to be told about astroturfing activities if such activities actually existed.

Perhaps he had some active role in the activity, or perhaps he had been told not to delete posts from the PR firms accounts.

We don't know the full extent of jratcliff63367's and Roger Ver's relationship.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:00:08 AM

What is considered libel is up to interpretation. jratcliff63367 may have been stating his opinion that he believes that astroturfing was occurring, but not stating it as fact. jratcliff63367 may not have been acting in malice. And the claim may not have caused harm to Roger Ver's reputation. All of these things are up to interpretation.
jratcliff63367's statement was not stated as an opinion, it was stated as a fact.

Also, if you can prove that what was said is true, then you are not liable for libel.

He also apparently deleted the post almost immidiately after it was made, which would make it unlikely that Roger would have had the opportunity to even message jratcliff63367 with the threat of a lawsuit prior to him deleting it. In fact, I would argue that the speed at which the post was archived (11 minutes) somewhat implies that someone had prior knowledge of the post before it was made.

Perhaps he had some active role in the activity, or perhaps he had been told not to delete posts from the PR firms accounts.
He had said not long before he resigned as a moderator that he deleted very few posts, and that few posts ended up getting deleted by the other moderators. All this took place around the time there was a bunch of drama around him deleting a thread that contained the dox of theymos.

It would also not make very much sense for the PR firm's accounts to have different rules than "normal" accounts because they would stick out like a sore thumb. The point of engaging in astroturfing is that the posts appear to be from legitimate users, and if these users are breaking rules but not having their posts deleted, then they are clearly not legit users.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:24:13 AM

There is no such thing as the "Bitcoin Core Troll Army". My post from another thread:

This article is bullshit. If you read this article (also highly biased): http://telegra.ph/Inside-the-Dragons-Den-Bitcoin-Cores-Troll-Army-04-07 [1], you will see that there is only 1 Bitcoin Core contributor. People who supporting Bitcoin Core running "trolling campaigns" != Bitcoin Core running "trolling campaigns".

This developer should be ashamed of himself for creating highly ambiguous and misleading statements.

[1] - Look at this bullshit:
This information provides further evidence of the Bitcoin Core propaganda machine and demonstrates the conclusive link between Bitcoin Core and the /r/Bitcoin moderation team. Everything written above is factual and verifiable.
Completely false. I wonder how much Ver & BugUnlimited pay for these articles. Roll Eyes

I read this article and laught at the end when I read : "Everything written above is factual and verifiable."
this invalidated all the article.. fail !
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 01:42:26 PM

If the infrasturcture can't update in 3 months, then we should scrap the whole damn BTC system now , as it is a waste of time.
It can not. Deploying and upgrading large-scale systems is certainly not on the list of things on your CV. It is not surprising that you are not familiar with it.

The truth is those so called ATM , are nothing more than fancy interfaces for Exchanges.
Hasty generalization.

Something which does not exist, does not have a name.

I read this article and laught at the end when I read : "Everything written above is factual and verifiable."
this invalidated all the article.. fail !
The article is utter and complete garbage. There are zero "facts" in it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:46:13 PM

Something which does not exist, does not have a name.

so you're a lone wolf shill.  that's cool.

aarturka

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:28:39 PM

chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 09:42:24 PM