Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:57:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BU support down below 35%  (Read 1682 times)
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:59:01 AM

Well, now when Segwit gets successful implemented with Litecoin, the same thing will happen to BTC. Also, BTC price will skyrocket the same way LTC price did when this was published. I think we ll see $2k+ per BTC before the mid of this year. 
If this would be the case then the best thing to do know is secure btc as much as you can same as on litecoin but just treat as a sideline.I really thought that BU did succeed and now seeing that support goes down then my worries have been somehow wiped out.

I think segwit will not be able to happen with bitcoin, the request rate is too high, it is almost impossible for bitcoin. LTC is only 75%, so it's easy to achieve and will soon grow. For bitcoin, the head of the second largest lake in China has stated that bitcoins do not need segwit, which is a very hard affirmation of the heads, they assert that the bitcoin is strong enough to grow freely. And it does not need any impact. I personally feel that is true, and I believe segwit will not happen to bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Invincible

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 09:03:33 AM

So, if we are still having these discussions next year, we know that bitcoin is decentralized and that an oligarchy of miners is playing its role of keeping bitcoin immutable ; if bitcoin activated segwit, we know that Core is the ultimate master and central power of bitcoin. 
you are raving dude, Bitcoin needs to be scaled, because the quantity of it's users is rising constantly
Invincible

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 09:06:14 AM

I think segwit will not be able to happen with bitcoin, the request rate is too high, it is almost impossible for bitcoin. LTC is only 75%, so it's easy to achieve and will soon grow. For bitcoin, the head of the second largest lake in China has stated that bitcoins do not need segwit, which is a very hard affirmation of the heads, they assert that the bitcoin is strong enough to grow freely. And it does not need any impact. I personally feel that is true, and I believe segwit will not happen to bitcoin.

dumb antpool just toggled their hashpower to prevent Segwit activation on LTC
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 09:13:47 AM

The bug does give a great effect to BU support.  A bug after a patch is what makes lots of BU supporters to turn their back to BU.  That is what I am thinking why BU support goes down below 35%.  So I guess with this the rumored HF will not be implemented anytime soon.  Seems we are at stale between segwit and BU implementation since segwit has not gather enough support either.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 04:30:23 AM

As much as I'd like for this to be true, I'm afraid your celebrating is premature. The same pools are voting for BU that were previously in the last 24 hours; it's just that those particular pools have had an unlucky 24 hour streak. This is just normal variance and within 72 hours no doubt the percentage will return to what it was before.
I guess my post was ignored, but indeed support is back to where it was before as I said.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:33:21 AM

save repeating myself about segwits increased signalling which explains BU decreased signalling

f2pool was good enough to have morals to admit something
meanwhile bitcoins segwit 31% block flagging is only temporary due to a hack expect it to drop back down below 30% in the next fortnight

https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun/status/848582740798611456
Wang Chun‏ @f2pool_wangchun

Someone hacked major mining operations and their stratum had been changed from antpool, viabtc, btctop to us. Our hashrate doubled instantly

10:07 am - 2 Apr 2017

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:48:47 AM

bitcoin core is the only valid client if in the blockchain network, in order to ensure its protocol will not be ruined. even for the segwit and/or BTU, for me, if such would result in easier centralisation of bitcoin network, the forceful implementation of them or hard fork is giving some of the hackers, if processing flaws are found, to rule the bitcoin. we need a solution for decentralised network, stable transaction queue, as well as a fair reward to miners.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:48:17 AM

You're wrong, nothing stays the same forever, change will come whether you or I or anyone wants it or not.
So, yes, I agree that there's no guarantee that bitcoin will not change, but if it does, it simply proves that it is centralized.

If Bitcoin changes it's because of centralized? So, if the majority of people invested in Bitcoin (Users, miners, nodes, exchanges, wallets, other businesses, etc.) decide to get together and make changes to Bitcoin, that makes it centralized? Is that what you're saying? I call that a consensus.

Bitcoin will change or it will be replaced and die. I don't understand why you can't comprehend that? Your line of thinking is fallacy, if you really believe it, its time to leave Bitcoin. We don't need people like you holding back progress with your antiquated notions of how Bitcoin should operate and what it should be.

You're like the old guy in the checkout line at the grocery store who writes a check instead of using a debit card, give me a break  Roll Eyes

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:28:29 AM

If Bitcoin changes it's because of centralized? So, if the majority of people invested in Bitcoin (Users, miners, nodes, exchanges, wallets, other businesses, etc.) decide to get together and make changes to Bitcoin, that makes it centralized? Is that what you're saying? I call that a consensus.

If consensus can be anything else but agreeing on immutability, it means that a large majority is colluding to change, and agree to the same change.  That's exactly what centralization is about: an entity (a single entity, or a collusion of sufficient different entities) capable of modifying the system's past and/or past agreed-over rules.

Consensus is a mechanism by which one agrees once and for all on the past (rules including) and this doesn't change any more.

Bitcoin will change or it will be replaced and die.

If it was well-designed, no, it will find its niche.  If it contains too many errors of principle, yes (I'm inclined to think that, but a niche is not impossible either, and I think it is quite obvious what it is).  But there's nothing dramatical about that. Species get extinct too, because they are replaced by other species (for instance, their descendants).

I don't understand why you can't comprehend that? Your line of thinking is fallacy, if you really believe it, its time to leave Bitcoin. We don't need people like you holding back progress with your antiquated notions of how Bitcoin should operate and what it should be.

What makes you think I'm "in bitcoin" ?  I'm not saying how bitcoin SHOULD operate, I'm telling you how IT OPERATES.  There's no "should".  There is how it really works.  Nobody can decide how it "should be", because it was designed that way, that nobody can decide that.  Even though its creator didn't understand that himself (or did so, and told you something else).

I'm interested in the bitcoin experiment as a dynamical system.  I used it as a currency, and sometimes do still.  I don't play greater fool games though (what is called "investment" over here).  I think it is badly designed, but nevertheless, contains interesting quirks, and one of those quirks is exactly what you are denying about it: its immutability dynamics.

You're like the old guy in the checkout line at the grocery store who writes a check instead of using a debit card, give me a break  Roll Eyes

Open your eyes.  Bitcoin's not capable of solving its "scaling problem" (which is not even a problem).  People are quibbling over this for more than 2 years, and that "quibbling and not being able to find a solution" is exactly what immutability is about.  Which doesn't mean that bitcoin hasn't gotten a niche.  It is a reserve currency for sleazy undercover big business, that can be used as a collateral for everything which cannot see the daylight or law.   It doesn't need to scale for that.  There's enough room on the block chain for that.  It is not a "currency to be used on the internet" though, as they made you to believe, so that you would finance this joke in a greater-fool game.  It has been designed as a highly speculative asset, of which the core value is that it will not change, that no vote or whatever will ever be able to change a single iota to what it is, and that allows big boys to do their dirty things while an enthusiastic blinded crowd finances the huge waste of energy that is necessary to keep it in the hands of an oligarchy that has invested enough into it that they wouldn't step aside for murder to keep their investment running.  I don't know whether Satoshi knew he designed this, or whether he was totally mistaken about that, but that is what bitcoin is about: big sleazy business reserve currency.

So after how many years of "impasse" will you be convinced that this "impasse" is by design ?

cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:44:47 AM

according to https://coin.dance/blocks

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa!

i hope bitcoin unlimited issue is gone
and majority mining pool still use core, not use bitcoin unlimited

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:49:52 AM

according to https://coin.dance/blocks

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa!

i hope bitcoin unlimited issue is gone
and majority mining pool still use core, not use bitcoin unlimited

It's still too early to tell, since we need a longer trend line, and it seems it is the same pools voting for each option. Some farms might be bringing new ASIC's online, other farms might be having a dust clean out. Some farms may indeed be switching pools to match their voting preference. In any case, we are no where near consensus on either option, so they are probably both dead in the water.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Cashew

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:53:25 AM

Yep, it finally got down. But what is sad is that SegWit also went down too. I think people got fed up of this war and decided to choose none of them !
cannation

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:39:22 PM

So BU is on 34.7% and SegWit on 30% in this moment,but this it's not over yet in my opinion.Instead they together made something good for Bitcoin they behave like little children.I say let them just play,they did some damage fearing people with hard fork but as we can see BTC price is pretty stable and very close to 1200$.

Hopefully a good solution will come regarding block size increase and some other countries may follow example of Japan which is recognized Bitcoin as currency Smiley
Yes, few weeks ago.
mr.mister (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:00:58 PM

So BU is on 34.7% and SegWit on 30% in this moment,but this it's not over yet in my opinion.Instead they together made something good for Bitcoin they behave like little children.I say let them just play,they did some damage fearing people with hard fork but as we can see BTC price is pretty stable and very close to 1200$.

Hopefully a good solution will come regarding block size increase and some other countries may follow example of Japan which is recognized Bitcoin as currency Smiley
Yes, few weeks ago.

It appears that Russia may follow in Japan's footsteps. That's a great sign.

Bitcoin Cash (BCASH) is NOT the real Bitcoin
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:14:23 PM

bitcoin core is the only valid client if in the blockchain network, in order to ensure its protocol will not be ruined. even for the segwit and/or BTU, for me, if such would result in easier centralisation of bitcoin network, the forceful implementation of them or hard fork is giving some of the hackers, if processing flaws are found, to rule the bitcoin. we need a solution for decentralised network, stable transaction queue, as well as a fair reward to miners.

I disagree on what you said.  There are lots of developers , core and non core contributing to the blockchain network, and I do not think HF is centralization.  It is needed to further upgrade the network same way why a soft fork is needed in segwit implementation.  The only difference is HF requires everyone to upgrade which I think is better than optional implementation which can affect a non-technical users.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: