Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:41:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: aughhhh son of a b&$*  (Read 1185 times)
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:58:25 AM

I CANT BELIEVE I DID THAT!  i left a sell order up from weeks ago at 139.50....why idk but good thing i realized it now.....cost me a coin to get them back bit i did. dang it dang it dang it. thats a hundred and forty dollar mistake!!!!!!/lesson learned

Magonzo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:26:11 AM

I CANT BELIEVE I DID THAT!  i left a sell order up from weeks ago at 139.50....why idk but good thing i realized it now.....cost me a coin to get them back bit i did. dang it dang it dang it. thats a hundred and forty dollar mistake!!!!!!/lesson learned

just be glad you arent the many people who lost 100's of coins back when they werent worth anything and now want to slit their wrists
CryptoCurrencyMiners

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:28:38 AM

just be glad you arent the many people who lost 100's of coins back when they werent worth anything and now want to slit their wrists

Or the guy that bought that 10,000 BTC pizza...

The most expensive pizza in the history of all time!

Lazer Engraved Crypto Cards IN STOCK! http://Crypto-Cards.com  Customers Come FIRST! 100% Transparency!
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:41:01 AM

The most expensive pizza in the history of all time!

augh i would be so sick every day of my life! oh man! lets see 10,000 x 146.12 = 1,464,800              good god man more than what most make in there whole lives!!!!
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:52:50 AM

swear to god if i keep fing my self over trying to catch the lows and highs im going to smash my computer!!!... just kidding i want my wallet haha but siriously im like oh its dropping a bit so ill catch it and make a little off it by buying lowwer. nope! i sold RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM of that little minny dump to 142 on gox aughh had to buy back in two dollars higher. times alot of coins and ya. i should just walk away...
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:53:59 AM

swear to god if i keep fing my self over trying to catch the lows and highs im going to smash my computer!!!... just kidding i want my wallet haha but siriously im like oh its dropping a bit so ill catch it and make a little off it by buying lowwer. nope! i sold RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM of that little minny dump to 142 on gox aughh had to buy back in two dollars higher. times alot of coins and ya. i should just walk away...

Day trading is a losing game.

BitFred

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:03:21 AM

if your bad at it
TimeBandit

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:18:29 AM

My hunch is, he probably had 10-100x times that Smiley
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:21:39 AM

You guys completely missed the point! What he did paved the way for btc valuation and legitimacy. The value of that purchase has much much more weight that whatever fiat value it had or have now.

Think about it.
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:23:18 AM

You guys completely missed the point! What he did paved the way for btc valuation and legitimacy. The value of that purchase has much much more weight that whatever fiat value it had or have now.

Think about it.

I keep hearing that but I can't really imagine that a pizza purchase was that important in the history of Bitcoin.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
robi

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 07:29:42 AM

I keep hearing that but I can't really imagine that a pizza purchase was that important in the history of Bitcoin.

It's not about your imagination. You keep hearing about it. It is already etched in history.

Mmmmm pizza.
shibaji

Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:29:42 AM

Think about it.

It's not about a pizza! It's about purchasing something tangible with cryptocurrency. BTC got its second boost when wikileaks and other websites started to accept them. Think about a currency which just gets generated and sits there, without a media of exchange - it is worthless, or will become worthless in a matter of time.

Secondly, 20/20 is always rosy. If btc was dead today instead of 140usd/btc, you would have said - great - at least he got few pizzas. That is always the truth in investing. If you knew Apple stock will reach 700 at some point in next 2 years, you would have bought it at 14 usd per share. Same goes for many other stocks.

Anyway, to me, the first point carried most value, and I thank him for doing it. Very bold and relevant step.
Eich

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:33:36 AM

Tell me about it...
iteathen

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:48:22 AM

Only 2 more posts to go.
amihh

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:52:54 AM

I'm sure he still has more than 10000 BTC
GigaCoin

Giga

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:05:49 AM

It is.

Mowcore

Activity: 592

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:15:31 AM

taken from the guinness book of records...

"The most expensive pizza, commercially available, is a thin-crust, wood fire-baked pizza topped with onion puree, white truffle paste, fontina cheese, baby mozzarella, pancetta, cep mushrooms, freshly picked wild mizuna lettuce and garnished with fresh shavings of a rare Italian white truffle, itself worth £1,400 (then $2,500) per 1 kg (2 lb 3 oz). Depending upon the amount of truffles available each season, the pizza is regularly sold at £100 (then $178) each to customers of Gordon Ramsey's Maze restaurant, London, UK."

Surely that does deserve a true spot in the books then? Tongue or it's close atleast lol

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
Mowcore

Activity: 592

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:16:37 AM

Unless that is the pizza he got? :O

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
tuliplover

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:21:25 AM

Think about it.

Yeah he's a real hero! Cheesy
GigaCoin

Giga

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:58:56 AM

I CANT BELIEVE I DID THAT!  i left a sell order up from weeks ago at 139.50....why idk but good thing i realized it now.....cost me a coin to get them back bit i did. dang it dang it dang it. thats a hundred and forty dollar mistake!!!!!!/lesson learned

Try to recover from it, Gox's interface is really bad, i sold off all my bitcoins at the wrong price and lost money due to lack of confirmation system, if you accidently click "sell" that's it, no "please confirm" etc. I had mtgox on my android, put the numbers just to see how much my BTC are worth, and accidently touched "sell". it went away in less than a second! I managed to recover my losses by day trading a bit, so i'm back where i started now! It's v painful but don't give up, as long as you believe in Bitcoin and crypto you will make the right decisions to recover your money.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: