Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:43:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Having a hard time setting up guiminer  (Read 2676 times)
dennis97519

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:55:26 AM

Maybe you have to set the path to external application in guiminer? Is there a command line miner exist called CUDA miner? Or is it inbuilt to the guiminer?

Hm that seems like it'd be an odd requirement to not be mentioned in the program itself doesn't it? The CUDA miner option is built in to the interface of guiminer, it's legitimately under File, New Miner.
the guiminer only come with poclbm, it is like a command line invoker. it knows the command line for other miners, but to use them , you have to download them yourself.
the default path is \guiminer\miners\puddinpop\rpcminer-cuda.exe. you have to look for rpcminer cuda on the internet yourself.
toothpicks

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:47:03 AM

do you guys mine 24/7? i'm new to this so i'm unsure of what i should be doing. should my computer be slowing down to a point where i can't even watch a video, limiting me to mine during nights only?
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:46:34 AM

do you guys mine 24/7? i'm new to this so i'm unsure of what i should be doing. should my computer be slowing down to a point where i can't even watch a video, limiting me to mine during nights only?

I do. But on a second computer. But I guess if you want to watch videos, maybe lower the intensity level or something...?

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: