Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:37:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] Effective method for adding short links on faucets  (Read 502 times)
alamin99 (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:09:59 PM

So, many faucet owners want to add short link on their faucet. But faucet users doesn't like it. If we (faucet owners) give option to faucet users to choose, how'll be this?

Example:
=> "Get 100 satoshi every satoshi every hour."
=> "2x your reward for visiting this short link."

So, this will be an win-win condition for both faucet users and owners and faucet users won't be annoyed as they are choosing options.

What do you think about that idea?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:38:57 PM

So, many faucet owners want to add short link on their faucet. But faucet users doesn't like it. If we (faucet owners) give option to faucet users to choose, how'll be this?

Example:

So, this will be an win-win condition for both faucet users and owners and faucet users won't be annoyed as they are choosing options.

The thing is, you can never verify if they actually go through the link, unless the owner of the shortener service give X secret after verifying, which is something all the major linkshorteners don't do. You can check for referer but that is spoofable.

It's hard to tell.

I think users would give a lot of support if such an option became available.

tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:47:42 PM

Example:

The thing is, you can never verify if they actually go through the link, unless the owner of the shortener service give X secret after verifying, which is something all the major linkshorteners don't do. You can check for referer but that is spoofable.

It's hard to tell.

it's just 1 line of PHP code for faucets:
Code:
if ($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']=='your shortener url')  {multiply your reward here;}

alamin99 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:56:39 PM

Example:

It's hard to tell.

Hmm you're right, but I am planning to create something that will verify the referrer.
alamin99 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:57:11 PM

Example:

It's hard to tell.

Code:
if ($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']=='your shortener url')  {multiply your reward here;}

Truth be told, your code has given me this idea. Grin
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:58:32 PM

Example:

It's hard to tell.

Code:

I know about that line, but i tested it myself with adfly, and a plugin in chrome, (I think this one is similar https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/refcontrol/ ) And i was able to claim, without clicking through the adf.ly link.

I think that there is a way to combat it, by making a deeper page, but i am not sure for now.

tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:49:56 PM

Example:

It's hard to tell.

Code:

I know about that line, but i tested it myself with adfly, and a plugin in chrome, (I think this one is similar https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/refcontrol/ ) And i was able to claim, without clicking through the adf.ly link.

I think that there is a way to combat it, by making a deeper page, but i am not sure for now.

it was the simplest "dumb" example, of course faucet owners can improve that many ways like i did that..
if you are thinking like a bad boy, you can make (almost) unbeatable checks for bots or unfair claimers.

@alamin - i know and it's ok Smiley if you want some help, PM me..
i am now halfway to make unbeatable captcha too
alamin99 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:41:59 AM

@alamin - i know and it's ok Smiley if you want some help, PM me..
i am now halfway to make unbeatable captcha too
Sure! I will ask you if I need some help. Smiley
Nice! I will like to see it.
alamin99 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:23:35 PM

So, the idea has been turned into working.
"Receive extra x satoshi for visiting short link." (#Alpha)
No more forcing to users, it's optional now.
And I think for this integration, users will earn a decent amount everyday from faucets because they are getting extra satoshi with normal rewards. I hope that all faucet owners will integrate short links into their faucet. That's a win-win condition, both for faucet owners and users.
Cryptoearner98

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 06:47:41 AM

Hello I am learning HTML and other languages I want to create a faucet actually someone is gonna make me a faucet but he and me both don't know how to add shortlink to it please if you can tell me or give me a script of that particular shortlink adding method it will be really appreciated thanks.

Kema

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 05:48:36 PM

I’ve already solved it for you and will shortly open the doors for the public.
Anybody with a faucet will be able to add pretty much any short link from any url shortener and get full verification of the completion of the link.
But that’s only a small part of it, my new script/API will offer a ton of other features as well.
I’ve been worked no nonstop for the last couple of months to perfect it.
The script is a behemoth but luckily for you, it’ll be super easy to implement on most any faucet script out there. Grin

I’ll be releasing a couple of faucet scripts at the same time.

Don't just short links, ezLink them!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: