Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: books about economy  (Read 1536 times)
Tyrantt (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 09:46:31 PM

I've became interested in economy and cryptography ever since I've started getting into bitcoin. I've read a book on cryptography that I've found in the local library but i'm having trouble finding a good book abut economy, all I've found was something about Serbian economy in the present and in the history, nothing about global economy and economy as a phenomenon. So, can you maybe recommend some books on that subject? Thanks.

p.s. Sorry mods but I didn't know if I should post here or in off-topic section, but I've decided here, because most people who are interested in the economy are here and so I'd get more reliable answer. Smiley

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PokerDiceMan

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 11:09:28 PM

you can find all book you want in google book store, i think in there is complete
https://books.google.com , you only find topic about economy
because iam not understand about you want serbian economic

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mastermold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 04:41:43 PM

Here are some suggestions for the books on global economy
The Predator State by James K. Galbraith
SoRich, So Poor by Peter Edelman
Marx's Capital, David Harvey
The Competitive Advantage of Nations by Michael E. Porter
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 04:57:13 PM

Google will provide a good help for your search. You can also join the Economists forum online were you can get ideas on the latest economic events and happening around the world even new books and magazine. If it is crypto currencies economic book you are looking for I have never come across any.
Tyrantt (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:45:22 PM

you can find all book you want in google book store, i think in there is complete
https://books.google.com , you only find topic about economy
because iam not understand about you want serbian economic

thanks, I'll take a look tho I'm not really looking to buy since since I'm not in a position to do so right now, maybe if I find it in some local bookstore. No, I've only found books about serbian economy in the library, nothing about the global economy.

Here are some suggestions for the books on global economy
The Predator State by James K. Galbraith
SoRich, So Poor by Peter Edelman
Marx's Capital, David Harvey
The Competitive Advantage of Nations by Michael E. Porter

Thanks, my friend recommended me The Competitive Advantage of Nations just this morning.

Google will provide a good help for your search. You can also join the Economists forum online were you can get ideas on the latest economic events and happening around the world even new books and magazine. If it is crypto currencies economic book you are looking for I have never come across any.

Well I'm following the business/economy portal online and just wanted to learn more about the economy itself and the concepts behind it.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 09:07:41 PM

I've became interested in economy and cryptography ever since I've started getting into bitcoin. I've read a book on cryptography that I've found in the local library but i'm having trouble finding a good book abut economy, all I've found was something about Serbian economy in the present and in the history, nothing about global economy and economy as a phenomenon. So, can you maybe recommend some books on that subject? Thanks.

p.s. Sorry mods but I didn't know if I should post here or in off-topic section, but I've decided here, because most people who are interested in the economy are here and so I'd get more reliable answer. Smiley
I've found the Harvard Atlas of Economic Complexity to be an interesting read, however a lot of it talks about modern-day economies, what and why some goods produced mean a higher economic maturity of countries compared to others, and the like. It's probably not exactly what you're looking for, but they have a free PDF of something like 400 pages, it's really easy to google.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:07:04 PM

I would recommend books on quants/algorithmic trading/HFT(high frequency trading) and anything you can find on thermoeconomics. Also anything by Larry Williams.

The best economists are the ones who trade or use their economic knowledge to earn a living.

They're the ones who have to be accurate and know what they're talking about to feed their families.

A lot of big name armchair economists like Keynes and Hayek are overrated & bring nothing to the table imo.
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:19:00 PM

I don't know which book you read, but about the economy and cryptography, you have to update for daily, no book can do that, only the news and internet can do it, Books just give you the basics about economy and cryptography. But those 2 things are not suitable if it doesn't fit with the present. So find more website about economy and cryptography , update daily , and you will get more from only books.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:21:01 PM

I would recommend one of these books to read as they are related to the global economy (they gave me an overall understanding of the international economy) – these books are highly rated and sold on Amazon.com as well:

1. Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins;
https://ia800301.us.archive.org/29/items/ConfessionsOfAnEconomicHitman_257/JohnPerkins-ConfessionsOfAnEconomicHitman.pdf

2. The Death of Money by James Rickards;
http://www.riosmauricio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Rickards_The-Death-of-Money.pdf

3. The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich A. Hayek;
http://cnqzu.com/library/Philosophy/neoreaction/Friedrich%20August%20Hayek/Friedrich_Hayek%20-%20The_road_to_serfdom.pdf

4. The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith.
https://www.goodreads.com/ebooks/download/25698?doc=750

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dwieyani

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:38:04 AM

the book a lot and I Blom know everything about books global economy
I think many read the book let me know how to overcome the world economic
LEEMEEGO

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:06:57 AM

yep. google is the best option in finding books related to your needs. you can search a lot of related books in there but i think most of them are from online stores which you really need to purchased if you want to have a copy, whether it is a har copy or a pdf one...

it so few to have a pdf copy that it is all free to download. especially economics books..
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 05:48:54 AM

The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith is a classic.

Here's a list of free ebooks: https://www.free-ebooks.net/category/economy
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:07:47 AM

Well research some books online, if there is a free PDF of economics books, or a free version of it online it will be worth the read. Buying economics books in bookstore is a really good idea, you need to have some cash to buy a book. Going to public libraries will help too. If you're a reading geek guy then you should look books about the function of the economic system in the world. If you're into math, then engineering economics is the book to read.

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:13:06 AM

Very few books relating to economy gives an easy understanding and most of the authors give a complication to the way it's been explained. Personally economy needs to be learned through online surfing and it becomes more effective when we try to apply it to the real world. This has never been done by users, most users just learn and leave it without using.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:11:44 PM

Those are all interesting titles, I'd probably look for and read them when I have the time and get through the problem of not being able to retain what I read. Most of what I know I just got watching CC Economics (and reading the comments there, as usual).

Haven't joined such forums but I believe I liked their page and some other sites which offer a certain number of free articles a month.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:58:30 PM

If the choice in your library is so poor you can buy a book on Amazon and read it in englis if your skills are good enough, but I think on that site you can find books in different languages, so just search and I'm sure you will find.
TheCoinGrabber

Merit: 302

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:25:53 PM

These seem to be nice books. Can you suggest anything that would be easy to read? I mean, I've seen books with long paragraphs that are just basically a single sentence. It can get confusing to read, especially for non-native speakers.
pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 07:12:03 PM

Very few books relating to economy gives an easy understanding and most of the authors give a complication to the way it's been explained. Personally economy needs to be learned through online surfing and it becomes more effective when we try to apply it to the real world. This has never been done by users, most users just learn and leave it without using.

I agree with you on this. I have equally read quite a number of economics book but truth be told most of the authors are just more or less focusing on their immediate environment and to those who tried to go global, they more often referred to as conspiracy theory which sometimes they complicate more to what they are trying to solve. Aside that, most of the books I have read on economy are mostly applicable to developed nations which its applicability might be difficult in other non-developed economies.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:45:36 PM

These seem to be nice books. Can you suggest anything that would be easy to read? I mean, I've seen books with long paragraphs that are just basically a single sentence. It can get confusing to read, especially for non-native speakers.

The Quants: How a New Breed of Math Whizzes Conquered Wall Street and Nearly Destroyed It by Scott Patterson.

Beat the Dealer: A Winning Strategy for the Game of Twenty-One by Edward Thorp.
TheCoinGrabber

Merit: 302

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:24:08 PM

The Quants: How a New Breed of Math Whizzes Conquered Wall Street and Nearly Destroyed It by Scott Patterson.

Beat the Dealer: A Winning Strategy for the Game of Twenty-One by Edward Thorp.

Gonna look this up, thanks. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: