Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:30:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Working on my first Electro-House/Dubstep Album - Advice?  (Read 1155 times)
nprussell (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:12:59 AM

Hi all,

I've been producing music for some time now. I'm finally at a point where I feel I have a enough great ideas to create my first 12-track album. I have one complete song so far, and 6 more almost complete (including a dubstep version of the classic 'Habanera Carmen', which my friends (and a couple of local DJs) absolutely love.

The plan is to have the full album finished by early summer (June/July) and then to sell it for ONLY BTC or LTC. I don't want to sell it for physical cash, but instead only for crypto.

I've been looking around for a platform to sell my music for BTC/LTC, but I'm having no luck. Can anyone offer any advice on where to go to sell my music for BTC/LTC, and maybe to drum up a bit of interest (no pun intended)?

Here's a sample of one of my earlier songs (I don't do any promotion as of yet so my stuff is literally unheard of) :

https://soundcloud.com/eighty8bit/attention-citizens-v2

Thoughts/opinions/advice greatly appreciated.

On the off chance that any wants to donate to my project in LTC : LQ6LXpcTudgAJRJMRPShScR5MryJj9YDNU
Thank you very kindly in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrCrabs

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:23:19 AM

sounding sweet so far..

Edit
NO Thats A proper fuckin Choon..

nprussell (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:32:19 AM

Thank you sir Smiley
killzon32

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:48:24 AM

That was better then what I was expecting. Shocked
Personal opinion, song was pretty long.
Also it doesn't have a drop and I think it has a buildup but not one that made the song pop.
telegdyd

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:56:55 AM

Sweet!
I would love to buy your music for BTC and use it in my mixes (only for personal use, i don't upload it). Smiley

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
nprussell (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:59:14 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I've heard similar things about the drop and the length. I plan to knock it down to about the 4:30 mark, and introduce a dirty drop in the middle.

That's not one of the complete songs from the new album by the way; that's a project I was working on for a game a couple of months ago.
nprussell (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:49:38 PM

I'm still very interested to know if such a platform exists!
scribe

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:04:08 PM

In the short and understated history of blocknois.es I've been mostly playing with releasing stuff through coindl.com. Pros are that it's pretty easy to set up items, you can auto-pay artists if they have a BTC address, it's easy for people to buy, supports pay-what-you-want and free downloads, and has things like album items, affiliates, etc. Cons are that it's still a little 'unpolished', plus recently uploads are taking ages to get OKd. Also no LTC support AFAIK. And it'd still be nice to offer a bit more % to the artists blocknois.es is promoting.

Starting to have a look at other sites such as coingig.com and bitmit but not had enough time yet. Also would love to look at self-hosting and integrating payments onto our main site.

Happy to talk about collaborating through blocknois.es if you're interested, or just to swap notes. Will definitely have a listen to the track once I'm around some decent headphones Smiley

- scribe

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
nprussell (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:22:10 PM

In the short and understated history of blocknois.es I've been mostly playing with releasing stuff through coindl.com. Pros are that it's pretty easy to set up items, you can auto-pay artists if they have a BTC address, it's easy for people to buy, supports pay-what-you-want and free downloads, and has things like album items, affiliates, etc. Cons are that it's still a little 'unpolished', plus recently uploads are taking ages to get OKd. Also no LTC support AFAIK. And it'd still be nice to offer a bit more % to the artists blocknois.es is promoting.

Starting to have a look at other sites such as coingig.com and bitmit but not had enough time yet. Also would love to look at self-hosting and integrating payments onto our main site.

Happy to talk about collaborating through blocknois.es if you're interested, or just to swap notes. Will definitely have a listen to the track once I'm around some decent headphones Smiley

- scribe

Let me know if you want a proper 320kbps version. Soundcloud hammers it down to 128kbps I believe.
scribe

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 01:57:27 PM

- scribe

Let me know if you want a proper 320kbps version. Soundcloud hammers it down to 128kbps I believe.

Just listened - great track. Reminded me of somewhere in between Cyberdog and old Bitmap Brothers soundtracks. PM on the way Smiley

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
UnderGod

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:53:08 PM

can't help on the selling platform, but send me a pm when you're selling it, I like it and I will buy it!
Keep up the good work!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: