Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:50:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Even more proof that market wants segwit  (Read 2005 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:02:53 PM

https://twitter.com/shaolinfry/status/850995104240336896

A single truth a rumor of Jihan using his power to crush segwit is already crashing the market hard, just like everytime he makes an statement about blocking segwit in BTC and so on.

Im sick of this bullshit, we need to get rid of this idiot. UASF segwit or whatever I don't give a fuck, im sick of a single guy with a ton of mining power crashing markets at will and make millions shorting while doing nothing. This is fucking NUTS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:05:23 PM

Jihan, Wang and those huge miners are a cancer that need fast extirpation. They are manipulating the price at will one tweet at a time. I had to sell at a loss, I lost a lot of money, I thought things would remain calm for a while and 0.0085 was a good entry point but at this point its pointless exposing your money to such a gamble that can be changed with single tweets. So much for 1cpu = 1vote
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:06:55 PM

If the market really wants segwit, then it'll get it.

There's no need to try to 'prove' anything.

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:14:47 PM

im sick of a single guy with a ton of mining power crashing markets at will and make millions shorting while doing nothing. This is fucking NUTS.
Me too, they are just trying to stop segwit from getting activated in both litecoin and bitcoin.  Angry
If they really cares about litecoin, why they weren't mining litcoin before instead of putting so much hash now when segwit was about to get activated in litecoin.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:19:09 PM

A single truth a rumor of Jihan using his power to crush segwit is already crashing the market hard, just like everytime he makes an statement about blocking segwit in BTC and so on.

Im sick of this bullshit, we need to get rid of this idiot. UASF segwit or whatever I don't give a fuck, im sick of a single guy with a ton of mining power crashing markets at will and make millions shorting while doing nothing. This is fucking NUTS.

I dont really care as to who will have the advantage over btc be it be the BTU or segwit by the core developers. But the biggest concern that has to be stopped are the senseless statements coming from powerful people in the bitcoin industry that can lead to panic among the bitcoin holders. As such it is so unprofessional of Jihan to make negative statements such as that since even if he isnt doing something his words are causing big trouble for the investors.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:20:55 PM

I dont really care as to who will have the advantage over btc be it be the BTU or segwit by the core developers. But the biggest concern that has to be stopped are the senseless statements coming from powerful people in the bitcoin industry that can lead to panic among the bitcoin holders. As such it is so unprofessional of Jihan to make negative statements such as that since even if he isnt doing something his words are causing big trouble for the investors.

Jihan didn't make any negative statement..this is pure rumor and FUD from Shaolin Fry.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:22:31 PM

If the market really wants segwit, then it'll get it.

There's no need to try to 'prove' anything.

Yep it will get it via UASF, because 1cpu=1vote is possible with UASF. The market can't do nothing in the monopolized centralized rigged mining world. The price can't depend on 2 guys tweeting things otherwise the entire thing is dead.

Jihan didn't make any negative statement..this is pure rumor and FUD from Shaolin Fry.

Doesn't matter. The point is, it shows the power of Jihan's ASIC's and also Wang from f2pool did the same thing himself a couple days ago:

This https://twitter.com/shaolinfry/status/850995104240336896

This single tweet crashed the market, he shorted, made a lot of millions, then he said "whoops not stopping signaling".

He even trolls with this:

https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun/status/850070006830292992

This is intolerable. Billions of dollars in crypto depend on those guys and they take it as a stupid game, they launch rumors, they short, they make people broke, and they block progress too. Anyone defending this insanity is getting paid of braindead. We need to fire those miners with UASF. I can't consider having money in crypto worth it anymore when the value can change so much with single tweets. Stupid.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:30:29 PM

I'm pretty sure a UASF will cause a network split just the same as a hard fork if the miners don't have consensus.

aarturka

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:50:38 PM

I'm pretty sure a UASF will cause a network split just the same as a hard fork if the miners don't have consensus.

Don't you think you are in the wrong time? Folks are very frustraited with money loss, the last thing they wanna hear some shit from BTU clown Sad
Clement Kaliyar

Merit: 532

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:01:37 PM

This is the flaw that satoshi never imagined would happen in the beginning as he might not have figured that ASIC mining will make bitcoin more centralized than the model he envisioned ,with people fighting to take over bitcoin and squeeze the  maximum benefit out of it i am seeing more solutions being thrown each and every day and i am not sure which one will be the best suited to overcome the current issue without compromising the decentralized nature and if you are giving more control and power to the miners it will cause serious issue at a later stage without a doubt when the block rewards gets reduced .
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:02:00 PM

We need to fire those miners with UASF.

We need to fire the miners by changing the proof of work. They've got too much power, and this behaviour (amongst so much other poor faith behaviour) only demonstrates it further. PoW should be changed before these miners escalate their malign and selfish behaviour, if we wait until they do it, the results will be far more catastrophic.

I hate to sound alarmist, but it wants to happen yesterday. BU can still hard-fork away from Bitcoin by the rogue miners anyway, regardless what the users want. And I've outlined before, they could screw things up really, really badly if they attack without mercy or shame. Who wants to risk that? Not me

Vires in numeris
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:15:41 PM

If the market genuinely wants segwit, we should see a migration to litecoin when segwit becomes activated there.

I predict no migration at all, because users arn't really crying out for it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4479

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:23:55 PM

lol OP's proof
.. a tweet starting "i heard"...

hmm wheres the salt

asics have been around for 2 years
asic boost as been around for 2 years

segwit code 6 months
gmax found flaw in segwit codes incompatibility 1 month

drama today is not caused by actions of asics. but speculation.

asic manufacturers did not make a time machine to make a segwit nuke
segwit just wasnt made 'soft enough' to not cause issues.
and gmax just a month ago found an issue where segwit is noft soft enough to work with 2year old hardware and efficiency technique.

solution
fix segwit to be even softer.
or
fix segwit to actually be implemented as a proper node CONSENSUS along with other community required features(dynamics, lowered max txsigops), thus only need 1merkle and get other needed features in. and finally get the community what it wants

stupid part is even with lots of pools abstaining objecting(70%) the fingers are being pointed at 16% and even blaming temporary price drama on that pool even when the pool has not done anything different for the last 2 years

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:54:27 PM

We need to fire the miners by changing the proof of work. They've got too much power, and this behaviour (amongst so much other poor faith behaviour) only demonstrates it further. PoW should be changed before these miners escalate their malign and selfish behaviour, if we wait until they do it, the results will be far more catastrophic.

I hate to sound alarmist, but it wants to happen yesterday. BU can still hard-fork away from Bitcoin by the rogue miners anyway, regardless what the users want. And I've outlined before, they could screw things up really, really badly if they attack without mercy or shame. Who wants to risk that? Not me

It's very obvious the problem of PoW is a very serious one. Bitmain is yet to launch new huge facilities that will make Jihan even stronger. He will keep stacking more and more and more hashrate power. Time to dump since I didn't I didn't sign up for JihanCoin.

lol OP's proof

hmm wheres the salt

asics have been around for 2 years
asic boost as been around for 2 years

segwit code 6 months
gmax found flaw in segwit codes incompatibility 1 month

drama today is not caused by actions of asics. but speculation.

asic manufacturers did not make a time machine to make a segwit nuke
segwit just wasnt made 'soft enough' to not cause issues.
and gmax just a month ago found an issue where segwit is noft soft enough to work with 2year old hardware and efficiency technique.

solution
fix segwit to be even softer.
or
fix segwit to actually be implemented as a proper node CONSENSUS along with other community required features(dynamics, lowered max txsigops), thus only need 1merkle and get other needed features in. and finally get the community what it wants

stupid part is even with lots of pools abstaining objecting(70%) the fingers are being pointed at 16% and even blaming temporary price drama on that pool even when the pool has not done anything different for the last 2 years

Jihan controls way more than 16% lol. He controls tons of anonymous pools. Also he can put pressure into buyers to signal what he wants or else. Also he will eventually have 51%+ of the network at this rate, he is expanding quickly and it's unstoppable. He controls production, he gets sponsored by China for sure, he gets free electricity. Classic monopoly formation, it's too late, PoW cannot be saved.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:55:40 PM

If the market genuinely wants segwit, we should see a migration to litecoin when segwit becomes activated there.

Even if you were right amanda85, you do realise that people exist that may not have decided, yet? And, heaven forefend, they can even *gasp* change their mind? Y'know, a "free" market?

The market isn't frozen in suspended animation for all time, individual people make decisions, which can include making no decision at all, as well as changing from one preference to another. If that's OK with you, that is? We wouldn't want to offend your own personal definition of what "free market" means, now would we?

And your premise is wrong anyway. If people didn't choose Segwit, why did they choose Bitcoin 0.13.1 in such large numbers, so quickly? That was a far better test than your Litecoin proxy, as 13.1 was the Segwit changes only, and 13.1 was actually Bitcoin, Litecoin is something different to Bitcoin. That's why they've got different software, different networks (and different names, lol)

Vires in numeris
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:56:18 PM

Rejecting Bitcoin Unlimited doesn't necessarily mean accepting Segregated Witness. I know Jihan and Wung are dickheads, but the market doesn't need SegWit, it needs a solution for the scaling problem, and SegWit has its flaws as well – it's not the perfect solution.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:02:08 PM

What do you mean users aren't really crying for it? do you measure it in the number of tears? Don't you see how the market is insta dumping at mere rumors of miners stopping segwit? If Jihan confirms it the price of LTC will tank back to 1 USD you dumbass.

lol OP's proof

Are you this dense? Don't you see how the confirmation would make it even worse? Stupid fuck.

https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun/status/850053367988592642
This caused a massive price crash too, and it recovered when it cleared that he was not stopping segwit support:

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/850080167791702016

Pretty much instant reaction of the market: positive segwit news = price up. Negative segwit news = price down. Why are we still arguing this FACT? don't bother replying because im not wasting time with you again.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:05:56 PM

lol still laughing

2 year old hardware
and everyone screaming "PoW designed to attack segwit"

logic shows 6month old software and 1 month old flaw found = software not as 'soft' compatible as first thought.

time now to just do a proper node CONSENSUS and get the other features in during the opportunity.. for a 1merkle segwit+dynamics and lowered maxtxsigops limit and other efficiencies (in short: do it properly!!)

otherwise all we are doing is just wasting another year where by blockstream wont take no for an answer and will just delay crap until late 2018 just to ONLY GET flawed 2merkle segwit in(flawed version needing a tier network)

http://www.uasf.co/
Can BIP148 be cancelled?
Yes. In the event that the economic majority does not support BIP148, users should remove software that enforces BIP148. A flag day activation for SegWit would be the next logical steps and require coordination of the community, most likely towards the end of 2018.

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:06:52 PM

Even if you change PoW, what stops new monopolies to be formed? Look at LTC. There's a scrypt monopoly already. Change it to anything you want and you will get chinked again because chinese miners have free electricity and cheaper labour force coupled with sponsored PBOC money. PoW cannot be saved as it stands, changes need to be made, all PoW will always lead to the current situation. I had an idea of randomly changing PoW algo or something like that, SOMETHING must be done to avoid coins getting chinked or else you might as well dump and have nuke backed dollars. What's the point if both are centralized anyway.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:08:23 PM

blah

random shaolin tweet of speculation and no proof.
temporary price drama

thejaytiesto and the usual blockstream party now wants to bomb china..

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: