GraphicImpulse

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:57:25 PM

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin&date=today%201-m&cmpt=q

bitcoin intrest down....... PRICE UP

SUCKERS RALLY

It's funny because he doesn't know how google trends works. I enjoy this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dakiller

Activity: 174

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:40:29 PM

I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing … why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer watching the charts. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the price that drives us. It's the price that brought you here. You know the trends, just as I did.

What is the Bitcoin worth?

The real price is out there, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:51:13 PM

You are now aware that block size was deliberately limited to necessitate the creation of secondary means for storing and making transactions in BTC.

That's false. The block size was limited because that was the easiest solution Satoshi decided to implement in order to prevent people from spamming the blockchain. That was intended to be a temporary solution.. you know, like the second one in this list: https://deconectat.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/top-funny-source-code-comments/

But eventually this limit will be lifted. That might provoke a fork of the network, since some people do prefer to force the scenario you describe (BTC not capable of handling all users transactions, having to operate like a SWIFT 2.0). But eventually most people would migrate to scalable Bitcoin.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:54:50 PM

Don't pop the bubble; it won't be air your breathing.

http://www.youtube.com/v/t4UNgdnBTUU
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:55:25 PM

I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing … why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer watching the charts. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the price that drives us. It's the price that brought you here. You know the trends, just as I did.

What is the Bitcoin worth?

The real price is out there, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.

follow the white satoshi? Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Phox

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:56:03 PM

The pessimists keep comparing Bitcoin to the myth of a tulip craze, .com burst, and beenie baby mania.

Can you show me then, where any of these had a %300 price increase, burst down below single digits just to climb back up again instead of die off completely? Because bitcoin has done this 3 times now, and it appears to be on it's 4th. Each gain reaching new hits and avoiding previous lows.

That doesn't look like "bubbles" to me. It looks like real growth. $250 might be a psychological barrier where people see it and think "okay I'm getting out at this time." but we are likely to surpass that now beyond $500 or maybe even a thousand are very strong possibilities. Then a price correction will occur back down to what would otherwise be a study growth. This is based on the history of bitcoin, assuming it continues to do what it's always done.

The "Bears" don't have a leg to stand on. They never did. Those who keep on talking about tulips can go invest in the USD supported stock market. I'll keep on buying low and selling high in digital currency and making amazing profits from this market that long term wise is so predictable a 12 year old could do it.

+1
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:59:11 PM

That's false. The block size was limited because that was the easiest solution Satoshi decided to implement in order to prevent people from spamming the blockchain. That was intended to be a temporary solution.. you know, like the second one in this list: https://deconectat.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/top-funny-source-code-comments/

//somedev1 - 6/7/02 Adding temporary tracking of Logic screen
//somedev2 - 5/22/07 Temporary my ass

OH GOD, I spit my drink out laughing.

warpio

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:02:08 PM

It looks to me like this is both bubble growth AND real growth. The bubble growth is raising the price ceiling, while the real growth is raising the price floor. The only hard part is, determining where the floor is at any point in time, as the bubble is always overlapping it.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:41:19 PM

Short term false breakout, target: $138.

Hmmm...did you not quietly adjust the target. Roll Eyes Grin

LOL, still BTC1,500 short. Now I'm bailing out with ladder that increases 0.7% per hour. Either I get to buy back at a slight 15-99% loss, or bitcoin's price will rise faster than that.

If the latter is the case, in June 8th, it will be at $300k (my target) and then I will just say f-k it, and invest my dollars in something else.

For the last 7 days, I have been more busy giving bitcoins away than earning them.

It is indeed helpful to understand the exponential function. Otherwise you end up trading based on emotions, and there are already enough dead bears.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:51:52 PM

LOL, still BTC1,500 short. Now I'm bailing out with ladder that increases 0.7% per hour. Either I get to buy back at a slight 15-99% loss, or bitcoin's price will rise faster than that.

If the latter is the case, in June 8th, it will be at $300k (my target) and then I will just say f-k it, and invest my dollars in something else.

For the last 7 days, I have been more busy giving bitcoins away than earning them.

It is indeed helpful to understand the exponential function. Otherwise you end up trading based on emotions, and there are already enough dead bears.

Why did you not use your own advice? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174620.msg1927726#msg1927726

Selling with a predetermined schedule, my experience is that in the end you will more or less get back at a cheaper price, though I am not sure after bears have blown so much wads.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:58:33 PM

Why did you not use your own advice? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174620.msg1927726#msg1927726

Selling with a predetermined schedule, my experience is that in the end you will more or less get back at a cheaper price, though I am not sure after bears have blown so much wads.

By "short" I do not mean a net short, I mean "I currently have BTCX less than the highest amount of BTC I have ever had."

I do not intend that metric to go to BTC2000 or more in the near future. Even if it does, I am still net long, and I have a double problem of having invaluable BTCs and too much dollars that I don't know what to do with them. Gox won't let me withdraw more than $10k per day.

The latter fact practically ensures that BTC can never go down, only up.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:03:42 PM

By "short" I do not mean a net short, I mean "I currently have BTCX less than the highest amount of BTC I have ever had."

I do not intend that metric to go to BTC2000 or more in the near future. Even if it does, I am still net long, and I have a double problem of having invaluable BTCs and too much dollars that I don't know what to do with them. Gox won't let me withdraw more than $10k per day.

The latter fact practically ensures that BTC can never go down, only up.

Well, I utilize a similar method to you without being bearish, and I never sold more than 10% of my holding, I just think selling with a predetermined schedule is better than trying to call the "top".

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Dargumin

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:07:57 PM

I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

I must get out of here, I must get free. In this Bitcoin is the key. My key. Once Zion is destroyed, there is no need for me to be here. Do you understand? I need the codes. I have to get inside Zion. And you have to tell me how. You're going to tell me...or you're going to die.

Was my post useful to you?  Tips graciously received!
1MZXNoqzRgNp8rA7DjPVV6R21kcTKGt31T
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:08:18 PM

Well, I utilize a similar method to you without being bearish, and I never sold more than 10% of my holding, I just think selling with a predetermined schedule is better than trying to call the "top".

You call me "bearish"  Roll Eyes Just a week ago you congratulated me for my net gain of BTC1000 over the last week since I was the only bigname bull to actually utter a bearish prediction at over $200, remember  Cheesy

Sword Smith

Activity: 406
Merit: 286

Neptune, Scalable Privacy

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 04:08:37 PM

I have no idea what this means. Bailing out with a ladder. If it is what I think it is, it seems extremely risky. Care to explain?

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:11:19 PM

This is a suitable thread to mention that about 60-90 minutes after this post, I will post an invitation to a Bitcoin Supernode Summit. It will be held in 2 weeks, I am sorry that it is both so soon and so late. I tried my best to find a suitable time and place.

Admission will be hard-limited to 50, and the tickets are both expensive and increase in price over time, to gauge the interest.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:13:55 PM

I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

I must get out of here, I must get free. In this Bitcoin is the key. My key. Once Zion is destroyed, there is no need for me to be here. Do you understand? I need the codes. I have to get inside Zion. And you have to tell me how. You're going to tell me...or you're going to die.

Agent Smith, that you?  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

usagi
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:50:59 PM

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify our dollars. I realized that they're not actually money. Money acts not only as a medium of exchange but as a store of value. Every form of money throughout history has followed this principle, but our dollars do not.  They are issued as naked debt instruments by banks and the interest multiplies and multiplies until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can pay back the debt is to print more money. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Dollars are a disease, a cancer of this planet, they are a plague, and bitcoins are the cure.
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:00:07 PM

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify our dollars. I realized that they're not actually money. Money acts not only as a medium of exchange but as a store of value. Every form of money throughout history has followed this principle, but our dollars do not.  They are issued as naked debt instruments by banks and the interest multiplies and multiplies until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can pay back the debt is to print more money. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Dollars are a disease, a cancer of this planet, they are a plague, and bitcoins are the cure.

Whoa.

sunblaster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:07:03 PM

The Bears are digging!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: