Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 6402 times)
Wuji

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:48:02 PM

GUYS!!!! I have been doing "deep" research and I guarentee there is no bubble.  I'm looking everywhere and all I see is black, no red whatsoever.  We are headed to 1 Billion dollars by next week according to this deep analysis.  Here is a picture of me doing my research....

http://christianschooljournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Head_in_Sand_Denial_Ignore.jpg
hubbabubbabaker

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Sometimes - history needs a push.

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:55:53 PM

....[/img]

Ahh yes, I too have been conducting some very rigorous research. It would seem that 1 billion is actually undervalued!

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy." -Sun Tzu
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:39:32 PM

I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

I must get out of here, I must get free. In this Bitcoin is the key. My key. Once Zion is destroyed, there is no need for me to be here. Do you understand? I need the codes. I have to get inside Zion. And you have to tell me how. You're going to tell me...or you're going to die.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify our dollars. I realized that they're not actually money. Money acts not only as a medium of exchange but as a store of value. Every form of money throughout history has followed this principle, but our dollars do not.  They are issued as naked debt instruments by banks and the interest multiplies and multiplies until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can pay back the debt is to print more money. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Dollars are a disease, a cancer of this planet, they are a plague, and bitcoins are the cure.

You have a problem with authority, Mr. Usagi.

+1. I want you in my conference.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:09:21 PM

LOL, still BTC1,500 short. Now I'm bailing out with ladder that increases 0.7% per hour. Either I get to buy back at a slight 15-99% loss, or bitcoin's price will rise faster than that.

If the latter is the case, in June 8th, it will be at $300k (my target) and then I will just say f-k it, and invest my dollars in something else.
I have no idea what this means. Bailing out with a ladder. If it is what I think it is, it seems extremely risky. Care to explain?

It is one of the sanest methods in trading bitcoin, if you want to trade it. Goes like:

- First you invest into Bitcoin all money, which you CAN afford to lose. I would generally suggest no need to put more than $100k even if you had more, since trading with huge bitcoin positions is clumsy. Also if you only now go all in (remember I did last month), it is only fair you don't buy more than 1000 coins but really whatever..

- You put anything between 50-95% of the coins in paper wallet. I suggest about 80-90% is good for most. The wallet is generated securely with an offline computer that is destroyed after printing the private keys (also the printer is). You print out two copies of the private key. You align the A4 sheets together and cut it in half with scissors. Then you have two copies of the beginning of the privkey, and two copies of the ending. You store these keys in such a manner that it is improbable that a thief would get access to one A + one B key and even if he did, you could outspeed him in combining your remaining keys and spending it to a more secure wallet. Also it should be improbable for both A keys to be destroyed simultaneously, ditto for B keys. This is your core position.

- The rest of the bitcoins, the trading position, you store in exchanges. Every time the price shoots up "too fast" (this forum is full of guesses, whether or not this is true in any particular case), you sell some of your bitcoins. Then you have money trapped in the exchange. You set up your buyback price at a given % lower, such as the previous support or something. After a 20% move in 2 hours, it is reasonable to expect a more than 10% recoil.

- Then you decide your "creep rate". The creep, is an hourly percentage, which I suggest to be between 0.1% and 1.0%. You adjust your buyback level upwards every hour by the creep amount. In practice, you have no reason to adjust it any less than 2% at a time. So if your creep is 1.0% per hour, you need to increase your limit order by 2%, every 2 hours. If your creep is 0.1%, you increase it by 2.5% once per day.

- Eventually your limit buy order executes. If you were nimble, you get to increase your bitcoin stash, if not, you lose. I have been able to beat the market, but I am a fulltimer with 16 years stock trading experience. At any rate, you will never lose out completely since you have your money in the exchange after the moment you have sold, until the moment your buy executes. If bitcoin goes to singularity, you have your secure core position, and you can buy the earth with it. Otherwise you eventually buy back. Repeat when appropriate.

- The ladder refers to either the incrementally creeping nature of this method, or it can also refer to an additional tweak where you use several buyback levels spread apart, and after your bihourly reset, you remove the lowest bid, and add a new bid which is higher than any of the outstanding previous bids.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:17:00 AM

Well, I utilize a similar method to you without being bearish, and I never sold more than 10% of my holding, I just think selling with a predetermined schedule is better than trying to call the "top".

You call me "bearish"  Roll Eyes Just a week ago you congratulated me for my net gain of BTC1000 over the last week since I was the only bigname bull to actually utter a bearish prediction at over $200, remember  Cheesy

No, no, I meant you phrased your first strategy as if it's just for those who believe "Bitcoin's a bubble", while I am not a bear yet I still somehow use it, and you probably can too. I employ the word "bearish" also because I somehow can't figure out why you brought up the topic of "going short" since you're a obvious mega-bull. Huh

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:38:15 AM

I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell! If there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

I must get out of here, I must get free. In this Bitcoin is the key. My key. Once Zion is destroyed, there is no need for me to be here. Do you understand? I need the codes. I have to get inside Zion. And you have to tell me how. You're going to tell me...or you're going to die.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify our dollars. I realized that they're not actually money. Money acts not only as a medium of exchange but as a store of value. Every form of money throughout history has followed this principle, but our dollars do not.  They are issued as naked debt instruments by banks and the interest multiplies and multiplies until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can pay back the debt is to print more money. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Dollars are a disease, a cancer of this planet, they are a plague, and bitcoins are the cure.

You have a problem with authority, Mr. Usagi.

Hmm? That's not from Agent Smith's soliloquy. What part of the movie is that from?
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:41:59 AM

The first movie, Mr. Anderson's boss.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:22:28 AM

Well, I utilize a similar method to you without being bearish, and I never sold more than 10% of my holding, I just think selling with a predetermined schedule is better than trying to call the "top".

You call me "bearish"  Roll Eyes Just a week ago you congratulated me for my net gain of BTC1000 over the last week since I was the only bigname bull to actually utter a bearish prediction at over $200, remember  Cheesy

No, no, I meant you phrased your first strategy as if it's just for those who believe "Bitcoin's a bubble", while I am not a bear yet I still somehow use it, and you probably can too. I employ the word "bearish" also because I somehow can't figure out why you brought up the topic of "going short" since you're a obvious mega-bull. Huh

- Strategies are many, I am trying them out. I did make a net BTC gain yesterday.

- If I thought going net short was sensible in general (it isn't), I would do it at $5,000,000+ per bitcoin.

I have occasionally been net short on fiat.

Do the math.

usagi
VIP

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:12:17 AM

The wallet is generated securely with an offline computer that is destroyed after printing the private keys (also the printer is). You print out two copies of the private key.

Interesting but a bit strange (not to mention expensive). Why not just use VirtualBox to install the software and generate your keys, then use a secure erase utility to delete the VirtualBox files?

Tips for the value of any computers I saved from destruction can be sent to 1usagi8WQJvnCoyV21XSZyUHhC6MzfksW  Smiley

You align the A4 sheets together and cut it in half with scissors. Then you have two copies of the beginning of the privkey, and two copies of the ending. You store these keys in such a manner that it is improbable that a thief would get access to one A + one B key and even if he did, you could outspeed him in combining your remaining keys and spending it to a more secure wallet. Also it should be improbable for both A keys to be destroyed simultaneously, ditto for B keys. This is your core position.

Interesting, I liked this idea.

What's your take on using Armory's offline transaction signing feature? In combination with a good wallet password, this would seem to be almost as good as the cut-paper approach above. For example in stead of keeping essentially two backups of the wallet over four different locations,  you could keep the watter file and your password in different locations and have multiple backups of your wallet file. I'm interested in your thoughts on that.

The wallet is generated securely with an offline computer that is
- Then you decide your "creep rate". The creep, is an hourly percentage, which I suggest to be between 0.1% and 1.0%. You adjust your buyback level upwards every hour by the creep amount. In practice, you have no reason to adjust it any less than 2% at a time. So if your creep is 1.0% per hour, you need to increase your limit order by 2%, every 2 hours. If your creep is 0.1%, you increase it by 2.5% once per day.

- Eventually your limit buy order executes. If you were nimble, you get to increase your bitcoin stash, if not, you lose. I have been able to beat the market, but I am a fulltimer with 16 years stock trading experience. At any rate, you will never lose out completely since you have your money in the exchange after the moment you have sold, until the moment your buy executes. If bitcoin goes to singularity, you have your secure core position, and you can buy the earth with it. Otherwise you eventually buy back. Repeat when appropriate.

- The ladder refers to either the incrementally creeping nature of this method, or it can also refer to an additional tweak where you use several buyback levels spread apart, and after your bihourly reset, you remove the lowest bid, and add a new bid which is higher than any of the outstanding previous bids.

This trading strategy is interesting too, thanks.
usagi
VIP

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:14:12 AM

The first movie, Mr. Anderson's boss.

Ahh right. It would have been funnier if it had something to do with bitcoin like the other quotes Smiley
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:06:52 PM

@Vladimir

I know you're out there.

I can feel you now.
I know that you're afraid.
You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change.

I don't know the future.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end.

I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.
I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see.
I'm going to show them a world without you.

A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries; a world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:24:00 PM

lol this thread has turned into the Matrix: The Book.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

chiropteran

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 03:22:16 PM

Bitcoin is the currency we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So, we'll speculate it, because bitcoin can take it. Because bitcoin is not our hero. Bitcoin is a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

nkspace

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:24:10 PM

hahahaha
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:08:02 PM

Bitcoin is the currency we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So, we'll speculate it, because bitcoin can take it. Because bitcoin is not our hero. Bitcoin is a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.
Oooh, are we doing random movies now?  In that case...

I look around, I look around, I see a lot of new faces. (hahahaha)  SHUT UP!  Which means a lot of you've been breaking the first two rules of Bitcoin.  Man, I see in Bitcoin the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man!  No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

nkspace

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:23:56 PM

And far away, as Frodo bought a bitcoin and claimed it for his own, even in Sammath Naur the very heart of his realm, the Power in Barad-dûr was shaken, and the Tower trembled from its foundations to its proud and bitter crown. The bullls was suddenly aware of him, and his Eye piercing all shadows looked across the plain to the door that he had made; and the magnitude of his own folly was revealed to him in a blinding flash, and all the devices of his enemies were at last laid bare. Then his wrath blazed in consuming flame, but his fear rose like a vast black smoke to choke him. For he knew his deadly peril and the thread upon which his doom now hung.

From all his policies and webs of fear and treachery, from all his stratagems and wars his mind shook free; and throughout his realm a tremor ran, his slaves quailed, and his armies halted, and his captains suddenly steerless, bereft of will, wavered and despaired. For they were forgotten. The whole mind and purpose of the Power that wielded them was now bent with overwhelming force upon the Mountain. At his summons, wheeling with a rending cry, in a last desperate race there flew, faster than the winds, the Nazgûl, the Ringwraiths, and with a storm of wings they hurtled southwards to Mount Doom
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:25:57 PM

Crash was exactly two weeks ago, a Wednesday just like today.

Would love to see a huge crash to $40ish, what an incredible buying opportunity it would be!

I think we need a serious problem at MtGox for that, like going offline with no notice for +24 hours.

Stop trying to hit me and hit me!

don't want to hit you, I love you because we NEED you

but we also need weak hands for us the stronger hands to get cheap coins at $40ish Cheesy

Look, 2 weeks ago is calling. It wants to let you know that you missed it.

Seriously, what you are hoping for: 200+% swings fortnightly, would fuck the market.

Buy in before Monday or you'll continue to be left behind.

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:26:56 PM

bubblleeess
bitleif

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:51:44 PM

Mt. Gox bitcoin exchange. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:00:36 PM

true, noones done beanie babies before, or dot com stocks when it came out, bubble mentality ' noones done this so its going to work', nthis is very entertaining for me, not a question if its going to burst, jsut when

you are so wrong and just looking at your reasoning makes you sound extremely opposite of intelligent.
beanie babies serve absolutely no useful purpose.
.com stocks - most were losing money on every sale.
if you are attempting to sound smart, please don't. people can clearly see you lack ability to think

ok
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: