Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:43:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all Nastypenny Coin owners  (Read 1231 times)
FFrankie (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:23:47 PM

Well I have 1, but I wanted to see if the other 9 where interested in doing a raffle where the prizes are sent to the pennies addresses, but we won't know who won unless someone peeled the coin, but a small entry fee of .0030 and award .01 to 3 pennies
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 07:41:30 PM

This raffle would only be available to those owning the Nastypenny?
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 08:14:03 PM

interesting!

i'd join
FFrankie (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:12:01 PM

Why else would anyone join if they couldn't potentionally use the winnings?
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 05:34:13 AM

Why would someone offer a raffle that only 9 people could enter?

Is your math correct?

10 possible entries paying BTC0.003 each equals BTC0.03 total prize purse. And you want to award BTC0.01 to 3 of the pennyholders, which totals BTC0.03 in prize payouts.

Good charity!

Why else would anyone join if they couldn't potentionally use the winnings?
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:44:54 AM

Well I have 1, but I wanted to see if the other 9 where interested in doing a raffle where the prizes are sent to the pennies addresses, but we won't know who won unless someone peeled the coin, but a small entry fee of .0030 and award .01 to 3 pennies

If you know the addresses (ability to send to 3 of the 10) and send the funds to three of the coins, wouldn't you know which coins are winners?

Hox

Activity: 758
Merit: 299

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 06:40:35 AM

If you know the addresses (ability to send to 3 of the 10) and send the funds to three of the coins, wouldn't you know which coins are winners?

The addresses aren't visible on the nastypennies, there is no way to know which address is attached to which coin without peeling it.

I currently have 3 of these and would be willing to play if everyone else wants to.

Coin.Community    
   A place for cryptocurrency collectors and artists.
Discover on the Coin Wiki. See all my coins for sale: Kialara, Casascius, Finite by Design, Satori coin and more.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 06:47:38 AM

The addresses aren't visible on the nastypennies, there is no way to know which address is attached to which coin without peeling it.

I currently have 3 of these and would be willing to play if everyone else wants to.

That makes it even more confusing, if the addresses are not known until the hologram is removed how would you know what address to randomly fund?
Are all the pennies btc addresses listed on the Nasty site?

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:59:37 AM

That makes it even more confusing, if the addresses are not known until the hologram is removed how would you know what address to randomly fund?

What bitkilo keyed in on is my question, not whose coin is randomly funded but how to be sure they are the Nasty Pennies.  If there's an address list somewhere for the ten coins that would make sense.

Hox

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 07:01:43 AM

The coins are all funded already so we know the addresses (assuming we trust OGNasty).

They were funded with this transaction: https://btc.blockr.io/tx/info/2fd7597782a983184d1641f6fe5f917f99ba87fde89cde5f481a2ca26d842f25

Coin.Community    
Discover on the Coin Wiki. See all my coins for sale: Kialara, Casascius, Finite by Design, Satori coin and more.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 08:29:05 AM

yep!

So we would know that the payment is sent to three winners
just wont know who that penny belongs to until they peel it!

I would totally enter

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 6042

Meh.

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:28:40 AM

Make it interesting instead and have 10 people pay 0.1 and get one of the pennies loaded with 1BTC, now that'd be something.

bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 09:51:57 AM

Make it interesting instead and have 10 people pay 0.1 and get one of the pennies loaded with 1BTC, now that'd be something.
That would be cool but i can imagine a few of these have already been graded so it would make it tempting to crack that baby open and peel away.

Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:15:31 AM

That would be cool but i can imagine a few of these have already been graded so it would make it tempting to crack that baby open and peel away.

Hehe. I've no idea who owns these but imagine a scenario where that would happen, 9 people decide to peel and it's the 10th that holds the 1BTC. That'll be worth a pretty penny (no pun intended). Smiley

bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 10:20:06 AM

Hehe. I've no idea who owns these but imagine a scenario where that would happen, 9 people decide to peel and it's the 10th that holds the 1BTC. That'll be worth a pretty penny (no pun intended). Smiley
Have you got a link to these coins, the only bitcoin pennies I can think of were the ones sold in rolls, I can't remember OgNasty releasing his own line of pennies and to a limit of only 10

Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:25:32 AM

Have you got a link to these coins, the only bitcoin pennies I can think of were the ones sold in rolls, I can't remember OgNasty releasing his own line of pennies and to a limit of only 10

No link sorry. But yes these were made by ognasty (I think). Loaded with a small amount and limited to 10 pieces Smiley

klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 11:31:24 AM

I feel the lucky coin concept here.
This is a cool raffle for the nasty penny owners for sure.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 11:58:31 AM

Was it microsoul that had the lucky coin series with BTC1 loaded on a couple of the coins?

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:00:23 PM

Was it microsoul that had the lucky coin series with BTC1 loaded on a couple of the coins?

Yes it was. It had 10 coins per round. 9 coins were loaded with 0.01 BTC and 1 coin was loaded with 1 BTC.
Hox

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 12:17:09 PM

Here's the original thread.

These are a hybrid coin. The coin was minted by BitcoinPenny, the holos and keys were added by OGNasty.

Coin.Community    
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: