Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:28:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am who I am  (Read 1958 times)
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 10:30:15 AM

There is an increased speculation that my identity is questionable. As almost no other Bitcoiners know me personally, I think a video introduction may be of great help to clarify some of the issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNVeuwxbqb0

This video was shot just now using my iPhone. I included today's ASX All Ordinaries index in the video to prove the date. I also showed my credit card issued by Commonwealth Bank of Australia recently with my full name.

I hope the speculation of whether I'm really 18 or not can come to an end. After all it's not at all important. I won't accept any requests for similar entertainment in the near future and I will focus on my work.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chakraball

Activity: 81
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:34:56 AM

Kudos.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:34:59 AM

lol - I think the only point of the video was to verify your age.

You're definitely young!

For the love of God I hope no-one needs to verify gender Shocked

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
tmbp

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:47:31 AM

I think you are quite egocentristic, you believe you deserve TWO threads for yourself personally in Bitcoin Discussion? Nobody knows/cares who you are.
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:01:42 AM

Still not buying it Zhou Tong.  Show the passport that you posted online. 

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:35:38 AM

Ummm, u might want to block out all of those credit card numbers.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:54:06 AM

Haven't watched the video, but is it even still possible to charge a cc by just having only the card number?
Inedible

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:04:45 PM

I think you are quite egocentristic, you believe you deserve TWO threads for yourself personally in Bitcoin Discussion? Nobody knows/cares who you are.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't huh?

He was asked by members here to create a vid. Posting it into a separate thread is hardly egocentric. Also, you'll find that many people know and many people care.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Inedible

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:06:13 PM

Haven't watched the video, but is it even still possible to charge a cc by just having only the card number?

He does block out half the credit card numbers and yes, you need the CCV number from the back of the card.

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:06:32 PM

I really hope no one knows. LOL. I had a bad time in this community but I'm not giving up and just create a new account. I love Bitcoin and I will continue doing business with my real name.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:11:01 PM

You are very wrong.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:20:28 PM

Still not buying it Zhou Tong.  Show the passport that you posted online.  

So you can steal it and use it to commit fraud? Cheesy

I love all these people who go around demanding people release all sorts of personal information about themselves like it's their god given right to know and say nothing about their own lives.
Inedible

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:49:26 PM

Hopefully this puts an end to the circus.

Hold on, I hear Donald Trump still doesn't believe he was born in the USA - oh wait - wrong person.

Quote from: wikipedia

Trump really made hay out of the 'birther' issue and as the resonance of that has declined, so has his standing. In February we found that 51% of Republican primary voters thought Barack Obama was not born in the United States. Now with the release of his birth certificate only 34% of Republican partisans fall into that camp and Trump's only in fifth place with that now smaller group of the electorate, at 9%.

On October 24, 2012, after tweeting that he had a "big announcement", that would be "bordering on gigantic" and that it would "possibly" change the outcome of the presidential race, Trump revisited his suspicion of Obama's citizenship, in spite of the theory having been debunked by a number of sources. He offered to donate $5 million to a charity of Obama's choice in exchange for the release of the President's college and passport applications

There'll always be just one more hurdle...

BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:44:48 PM

Pffftt.

http://instantvcc.eu/index.php?route=product/product&path=65_67&product_id=65

Whatever dude.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:28:49 PM

Zhou - just help us get our coins back from Mt. Gox in any way possible.  After that, you will have no problems with your reputation.  I don't see a positive outcome for any parties involved with this disaster until all of this has been cleared up and the creditors have been paid back.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 07:16:46 PM

Unless somebody proves differently, I'm now 99.99% that Zhou Tong is real.

It's a shame that with all his talent he's put into a position of only developing Bitcoin related apps. Although I still maintain reservations about that relic collector epic, I'm now leaning toward something nefarious taking place by the concerns who took over Bitcoinia with possibly making ZT the fall guy.

My only wish is that ZT would have done something similar back when, getting in front of that unfortunate episode, doing whatever possible to make sure his name wasn't tarnished.

I can only imagine what Zhou could've produce and, moreover, what he's capable of producing if he wasn't locked in only building products/services that don't have a high level of trust factor built in.

~Bruno K~
Inedible

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:22:04 PM

Zhou - just help us get our coins back from Mt. Gox in any way possible.  After that, you will have no problems with your reputation.  I don't see a positive outcome for any parties involved with this disaster until all of this has been cleared up and the creditors have been paid back.

Trouble is, it's not been possible to clear up this mess. The parties in control have never commented.

Inedible

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:25:01 PM

Although I still maintain reservations about that relic collector epic, I'm now leaning toward something nefarious taking place by the concerns who took over Bitcoinia with possibly making ZT the fall guy.

Not sure whether anyone set him up to be the fall guy. They just stayed silent throughout the whole affair and just let him take the flak. A 17yr old boy/man was doing his best to resolve matters whilst they tied his hands. (that's just my interpretation of events - not fact)

My only wish is that ZT would have done something similar back when, getting in front of that unfortunate episode, doing whatever possible to make sure his name wasn't tarnished.

His age wasn't all that important at the time, other than the fact that dozens of people were beating on him without making that consideration.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 07:35:43 PM

Apart from 2 or 3 noobs nobody here doubt your age or what you look like.

Now get back to answering the hard ones.

EDIT: Trace the coins all you can. Aside from the 100 BTC donated by hacker I'm pretty sure the rest are legitimate coins once stored in either Mt. Gox or Bitcoinica.

The fact that Zhou accepted 100 BTC of the stolen coins as a donation to his personal fund distribution represented a clear conflict of interest. He should have sent that directly back to Bitcoinica. I did receive some compensation from Zhou's donation fund and decided to send 100 BTC from that back to the Bitcoinica Recovery Fund managed by Patrick Murk to compensate for the hacker donation. So that should be covered now.

Transaction ID: http://blockchain.info/tx-index/14361561/bb91cd10d615ffa39a092100708168567a440e3f2adb171a550de91ad990e1e9

Also note that the recovery fund only received ~15.000 BTC back from Chen Jianhai through Zhou. Although Zhou claimed that he could recover 20.000 BTC from Chen. I wonder if he is counting his 5000 BTC compensation as part of the recovery funds... And if not, why is there 5000 BTC is missing from the reclaimed funds? (It might be explained somewhere, in which case I missed it)

Recovery address: http://blockchain.info/address/1N99P8Z5AQXWEYZiS6ddov9Fyc4kuGPpwJ (15,006 BTC)

I have gathered some data to estimate the amount that can be recovered from Chen Jianhai:

USD: about $140,000 + $5000 frozen at AurumXchange (under SJ account)
BTC: about 20,000 BTC

There's an unknown amount of funds left in Chris Heaslip's account and I have no way of knowing the exact balance.

Chen Jianhai was only able to offer the above-mentioned amount due to the cost of his laundering activities and also the significantly lower Bitcoin price when he cashed out. If Bitcoinica or the community wants him to cover the full amount at today's prices, I'm willing to co-operate with any police investigation. But either case, my previous donation should have pretty much covered the difference.

This Chen Jianhai story is the biggest load of poppycock I've ever heard.

All one needs to do is to read this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1055627#msg1055627

And this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95738.msg1054890#msg1054890

Lets review the facts:
  • Chen Jianhai is a multi-millionaire relic collector with a family living in the cold and remote Heilongjiang Province in China who owns an online 'Taobao' store.
  • Chen Jianhai is not technical and his English is poor
  • Chen Jianhai is Zhou's former business associate, but not his friend
  • Chen Jianhai is likely a long-time criminal quite active in financial black markets with an active presence in stolen credit cards and possibly other hacks. (according to Zhou's observations)
  • Chen Jianhai has a technical co-worker that is "in-to-bitcoin" and discovers that the source-code has been leaked.
  • Chen Jianhai inspects the code and discovers that the MtGox API key is also the master password for Tihan's lastpass account containing the passwords to both Bitcoinica's and Christopher Heaslip's MtGox account. The lastpass account (originally set up by Zhou) was not protected by 2factor. And both MtGox accounts were also not protected with a yubikey.
  • Chen Jianhai logs in to the MtGox account and withdraws the maximum number of Coins (40.000 BTC & 40.000 USD). For the USD he creates a MtGox code that he claims on Heaslip's account and uses the USD to buy more BTC.
  • Chen Jianhai then withdraws all the coins to Zhou's blockchain.info account. From where he sends them to his servers in America.
  • Chen Jianhai decides to frame Zhou stating "it would be impossible to discover the hacker" and "it would be much easier to deny if the suspect account is an insider because you (Zhou Tong) can always distract people from investigating"
  • Chen Jianhai knows Zhou's secret sockpuppet identity (stevejobs807@gmail.com) and also his password since Zhou has used Chen's webshop once and re-used that password.
  • Chen Jianhai exchanges MtGox coupons worth 40.000 USD to Liberty Reserve through the instant exchange facility at AurumXchange using Zhou's secret identity.
  • Coincidentally Zhou also has an order with AurumXchange to sell Liberty Reserve to us for the amount of USD 40,000, requesting a wire to his bank account in Singapore. (for a friend)
  • Chen Jianhai then feels the need to create an email account <bitcoinicasucks@hotmail.com> and email verify@bitcoinica.com with the text "THANK YOU FOR YOU SOURCE CODE. BITCONICA IS NOW OFFICALY DONE! LASTPAS PASWORD: c02e1a27-5524-449f-ba65-aff9581ddedc" Despite being able to write perfect english in the subject line, somehow in the body text his CAPS key got stuck and he lost the ability to spell.
  • Chen Jianhai is confronted by Zhou who figured it all out after being accused himself only a few hours earlier.
  • Chen Jianhai admits everything to Zhou
  • Chen Jianhai (despite being a multi-millionaire) was only able to return 20.000 BTC and 140,000 USD  due to the cost of his laundering activities and also the significantly lower Bitcoin price when he cashed out.
  • Chen Jianhai (before he was outed) discovers that Zhou is giving 5000 BTC out of his own pocket to Bitcoinica customers and decides to donate 100 BTC of the hacked funds to Zhou's community donation pool
  • Chen Jianhai's identity is only known by Zhou, but unfortunately Chen Jianhai is now gone (phone: powered off, QQ: offline, email: no response) and the Alipay account got its password changed

Of course before Chen mysteriously disappeared Zhou stated that "Currently I'm very willing to co-operate with any investigation because this is the only way I can completely prove my innocence." and "I have repeatedly said that I have zero tolerance in this matter and I will report all his information, including his real bank account number and address to the police once the official investigation has started."

However when I wanted to file a police report with my local authorities and asked Zhou to provide me the address details for Chen, I received the following reply:

If you insist on filing a police report on this matter, any lack of co-operation from my side can of course be used against me in the uncertain future.

I'm not protecting his identity. I just deem it to be unnecessary at this point. He is not running away (AFAIK he doesn't even have a passport), and the fund return is pending Bitcoinica's liquidation.

I want to go back to my own business and focus on something productive. Any information I provide now will necessarily be a burden in the near future.

I strongly advise you not to involve the police before the liquidation process has any significant development. You are not obliged to report this. (But when you do, I'm obliged to provide information to either you, or the police, and obviously I would prefer the former.)

My point is, there is very little benefit to this, yet the risk and potential expense are too high. I don't want to hire a lawyer or waste my time on gathering evidence or whatever. I contributed 5,000 BTC and talked to the creditors regularly exactly because I wanted to avoid any lawsuits against me. I'm all for justice, but I have already given up on Bitcoin and justice in this matter seems worthless to me.

Considering the suspicion raised by community members, the questions from trusted business partners and threats of violence, I don't have any energy to fight back any more.   I just want the fiasco to be over. Yet people are giving me more and more troubles. It's okay if you can't feel the pain, please just try to sympathize.

I have plans to immigrate to Australia and I need an absolutely clean record. Even a criminal accusation (without conviction) is intolerable in the character check. I really deeply regret the creation of Bitcoinica. If you can forget about me, please do.

I'm returning to Melbourne on October 6, 2012. Hopefully something will happen at Bitcoinica side, and you have plenty time to re-consider your decision before then.

I agreed and waited for Zhou to return to Melbourne. However upon his return Zhou ignored all my follow up emails. I have never been able to obtains any details about Chen from Zhou nor have I been able to file an actionable report. In the mean time Bitcoinica creditors are still smack in the middle of what must be the largest clusterf*ck in bitcoin history with the MtGox account orphaned and frozen. The AurumXchange funds still missing and an ongoing lawsuit against the Bitcoin Consultancy by the largest creditors. Considering that Bitcoinica had around 1M USD in deposits when it got hacked, and conservatively estimating 50% of that to be in BTC, at current valuations we are talking in excess of 15,000,000 USD still pending liquidation. Or what is left of it.

Now, Zhou returns 1 year later, hoping the dust has settled with his "Hero member" tag still in tact. Well played sir!

I suggest that at the very least Zhou receives an "Untrustworthy" tag. Although I do realize that might be an insult to MNW whom I regard much more highly.

superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:47:25 AM

i'm surprised people are even considering giving him the benefit of the doubt. *even* if he is innocent there are many many many people who have not been involved in so much drama, theft, and headaches. sometimes you mess up and it's better to just leave and not come back.

ok
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: