Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:45:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Lost while doing small sync  (Read 349 times)
Razzer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 11:00:51 AM

Yesterday I tried to transfer 3BTC from my bitcoin-qt wallet to my account at Mt Gox.

However, the bitcoin-qt wallet was still synchonising (just catching up from the day before).  The bitcoin-qt wallet crashed saying "this program had to quit unexpectedly" (I am using an Apple Macbook).  Since that happened the transaction remains at 0//6 confirmations indefinately.  I am synchronised now but I am still missing the 3BTC. They are not in my wallet or in my Mt Gox account, they are just gone.

1 hour afterwards, after syncing, I tried again (again with 3BTC) and it successfully transferred on the second attempt.  However the original 3BTC are still missing.

Please help, advise or redirect me to some help! 
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 11:07:04 AM

I would first try starting bitcoin-qt with the "-rescan" option just to see if that helps.

If it doesn't make any difference (and the 0 confirmation tx remains) then you'll probably need to use pywallet (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.0) to delete that tx from your wallet (after that do another "-rescan" and all should be fine).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: