Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:38:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It is good to invest in mining hardware or in btc stocks?  (Read 2712 times)
tansoft64 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:54:13 AM

I'm just a newbie here! Grin
and I would like to know which is better to invest money in mining hardware or to btc stocks? Huh
0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 01:13:40 AM

As a newbie, I would recommend that you buy bitcoin instead of trying to mine bitcoin. Mining is only for those that have very cheap electric. Buying can have just a good returns as mining. Good luck!
tansoft64 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 01:25:41 AM

As a newbie, I would recommend that you buy bitcoin instead of trying to mine bitcoin. Mining is only for those that have very cheap electric. Buying can have just a good returns as mining. Good luck!

thanks for the advise.
petchu

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 01:43:47 AM

If you have more money you can buy What is an ASIC Bitcoin Miner like this: https://bitcoinworldwide.com/mining/hardware/antminer-r4/
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 02:30:25 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by BTC stocks, but the best thing to do is to buy Bitcoin and hold it, on long term you will have a nice profit. You need to watch the price always to have full control over your money, this way you will know the right time to sell your coins and buy again when the BTC price decreases.

I don't think mining hardware is a good idea. Energy costs are expensive and you will need to wait much time to hit ROI. Probably it won't worth for you... The times are others now and the old idea of each one mine Bitcoins at home doesn't exist anymore because the costs.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 02:38:30 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by BTC stocks, but the best thing to do is to buy Bitcoin and hold it, on long term you will have a nice profit. You need to watch the price always to have full control over your money, this way you will know the right time to sell your coins and buy again when the BTC price decreases.

He really mean what you are thinking and I'm agree also to this method rather than investing on mining hardware because it is hassle in terms of maintenance and cost of electricity. In my country, The price of electricity is very expensive and you will just loss if you invest on mining hardware even though i use the latest asic miner. I think mining is only advisable for a bulk mining and for some country that have a cheap electricity cost. I'm lucky that i have still stored all my BTC that i mined way back 2014 and i'm happy that i decided to just stock it.  Grin

tansoft64 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:29:48 AM

I don't think mining hardware is a good idea. Energy costs are expensive and you will need to wait much time to hit ROI. Probably it won't worth for you... The times are others now and the old idea of each one mine Bitcoins at home doesn't exist anymore because the costs.

thank you @mrcash02
I still doing my own personal research on btc and I think this forum can give me more idea on btc.
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 04:38:43 AM

I still doing my own personal research on btc and I think this forum can give me more idea on btc.
Yeah.
Visit also some blog and videos in youtube about Bitcoin to understand more about Bitcoin.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:41:32 AM

and I would like to know which is better to invest money in mining hardware or to btc stocks? Huh

you need a lot, a lot of money for mining rigs and electricity bills, etc... it's just not worth it today if you don't have huge amount of money to invest, so yes, go with the buying and holding option.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:21:49 AM

i think for a newbie is better to buy bitcoin directly, especially for the long run.
if you want to mine BTC, you need to consider a lot of variable:
1) Difficult increase
2) price pump&dump
3) podsible harware failure
4) hardware devaluation
..ad so on...
and all of this points, move your ROI forward...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 02:09:21 PM

imho buying btc directly is the best option, keep buying btc when the price drops and hold on to it.

i myself have been planniing to buy ASIC, but the difficult keeps increasing every few weeks.

i even tried to rent ASIC power from cloud mining , but they will terminate contract if the expenses are increased so its better to buy BTC directly.

good luck

numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 02:59:30 PM

If you have more money you can buy What is an ASIC Bitcoin Miner like this: https://bitcoinworldwide.com/mining/hardware/antminer-r4/
In financials "stocks" are debt based. Bitcoins are "debtless".

About the mining that depends upon your living conditions. Using electricity to heat a homing can pay of if the "heater" mines Bitcoins. In such a condition even some old secondhand equipment makes sense.
If your situation differs, and your electricity costs can't compete you might have a chance in renting hashrate abroad. That's a difficult market, some providers are just ponzi scamms.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=14.0 would be the right forum part to discuss legit offers.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:08:00 PM

if you are interested in mining not just making money, you can still check out mining of altcoins. it needs more time for researching them and finding the most profitable one for you based on your hash power and electricity cost. but it is better than bitcoin mining and can even be more profitable in case you get in soon and they get pumped.
check out coinwarz.com website for some good info.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Mang Li

Activity: 327

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 10:12:47 PM

better you try to learn about trading altcoins, and get profit in bitcoin,  Smiley
it will make a good return if you can do this with simple strategy and a good money management too,,
mining now is too hard

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:45:06 PM

Mining is very expensive and the return on investment Is very slow, it might take you years before you get returned on your investment.buy and hold demands technical knowledge of the market and it take expertise to know when to buy and when to sell off your investment. You should learn how to trade altcoins on daily swings as this give more returned on your investment then all other options.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:43:59 PM

No, its way of thinking involving FIAT currencies.
With bitcoin investing is just BUYING IT. Bitcoin is deflatory currency so it gaining value over time.
terrate

Activity: 362

Newbie in online currency , love learning

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:37:55 PM

i not suggest invest in mining hardware, as it will update and update.

btc stock, u means shares of btc related company or CFD of bitcoin (example etoro) ?

NiHaoMike

Activity: 236
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 05:18:11 AM

Mining is very expensive and the return on investment Is very slow, it might take you years before you get returned on your investment.buy and hold demands technical knowledge of the market and it take expertise to know when to buy and when to sell off your investment. You should learn how to trade altcoins on daily swings as this give more returned on your investment then all other options.
If you are lucky enough to have "free" electricity (e.g. college students!), a used ASIC miner (modded S5 or Avalon 4) that still returns a decent amount can be had for under $100. Break even in 4-5 months or so is possible. That said, college students nowadays are better off mining altcoins using GPUs because GPUs have other uses, scale well, and it's far easier to find a new one that is quiet enough to actually run in a dorm.

I use cryptocurrency and solar power to help my best friend Naomi Wu... And I'm proud of it!
Unknown Enforcement

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:37:34 AM

As a newbie i would recommend you on buying bitcoins instead of mining it learn how to exchange altcoins in the market Smiley

hope this helps
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:46:16 AM

For me it is better to invest in alt coin mining rigs or as they are known PC-s with at least 5-6 GPU-s. Electricity is not a problem with the latest graphic cards like RX 470, RX 480 or GTX 1060 and up series as they consume very little energy, 100 watt the RX 470 and GTX 1060 when they are mining and only 150 watt the RX 480. You can also under volt the RX series cards to make them consume even less energy. If you have like 3000 Euro to invest you can buy 2 good PC-s with multi GPU to mine altcoins.

Even if you buy bitcoin directly is a good option but it will not give you as a big pleasure as when you are mining it yourself through Antminer or PC-s (talking from personal experience here).

In the end both ways are good if you plan to keep bitcoin in long term as a store of value.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: