Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:38:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal president interested in bitcoin  (Read 7459 times)
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:21:30 PM

Anybody may buy bitcoins and may implement bitcoin payment and they will improve the bitcoin acceptance with it.
PayPal and Google also.
If somebody doesn't want to use PayPal or Google with bitcoin payment he will be not forced to do it.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
Gordonium

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:23:26 PM

Amazon will be next on the line. The Bitcoin Singularity is right around the corner. And I am just holding for the longest time!
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:24:06 PM

This is the news that's causing the current rally and my prediction is it will bring us up to nearly touching $200 by the end of next week.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:32:09 PM

David Marcus may be groomed well, but he's an outright liar.

He said that nobody will lose money using Paypal, the numerous stories floating around online telling about users having their assets frozen for 180 days with no apparent reason tells otherwise. Also their customer support sucks majorly.

I haven't given them business for years and years, and I hope nobody else valuing their own monies doesn't either.
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:34:37 PM

Soon Paypal or Western Union will buy MtGox, mark my words.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:37:04 PM

Let's hope that they stick to some principles and don't sell.

(Yeah, I like to be optimistic... I hope I'm not overly so.)

Gordonium

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:40:05 PM

This is the news that's causing the current rally and my prediction is it will bring us up to nearly touching $200 by the end of next week.

You mean tonight?
woodrowchai

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:46:41 PM

I have some money in paypal,but i can't use my own money easily.
I don't like paypal.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:14:00 PM

I have some money in paypal,but i can't use my own money easily.
I don't like paypal.
Me also. I hope they do embrace bitcoin. I will use the money in my account to buy bitcoin then close it.  Wink

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Kaiji

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Hoist the Colours

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:33:54 PM

I wonder why paypal or some bank just doesn't make their own cryptocurrency? I read some where that Canadians banks are looking into making digital currency. I always hated having to use credit cards for online payments since they are irresponsible when it comes to security, too easy to cause recurring fees, interest etc.

The problem is that there was no alternative UNTIL bitcoins came about. A little ingenuity and mathematics and you can post an address online with no risk of theft and commerce can flow so smoothly. We are still at the tip of the iceberg of what cryptocurrencies can do.

Paypal is not worried about bitcoins because of the difficulty in purchasing bitcoins. The irony being that an internet currency that can't be obtained online. If paypal is smart they should brand themselves as the only place to purchase bitcoins with credit cards.

lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:36:59 PM

David Marcus may be groomed well, but he's an outright liar.

He said that nobody will lose money using Paypal, the numerous stories floating around online telling about users having their assets frozen for 180 days with no apparent reason tells otherwise. Also their customer support sucks majorly.

I haven't given them business for years and years, and I hope nobody else valuing their own monies doesn't either.

You're right, noone around here is going to use them.

That's not the point however. We are by far the vast minority of online users and the vast majority are using them and will continue to be using them for years to come. If they adopt bitcoin as a funding method, they just increased the userbase by an exponential order of magnitude.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:39:38 PM

Whatever my issues are with Paypal- them joining bitcoin will make us rich. So I'm 100% supportive.

more or less retired.
Gordonium

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:40:26 PM

Whatever my issues are with Paypal- them joining bitcoin will make us rich. So I'm 100% supportive.

This.
basementdweller

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:49:38 PM

I'm a passionate Paypal hater. My desire to see them fail is even greater than my desire to be rich.

So I'm not supportive. I hope they perish like the dinosaurs 60+ million years ago.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 03:59:46 PM

Yeah I've read Western Union and MoneyGram are looking at trying to adopt bitcoin soon also.  Maybe running a fiat exchange with such tight banking laws as in the UK and US could only be done by major international corporations and not small outfits.  As currently there is no exchanges in the UK any more and with US ones being shut down.  They could corner the market for buying/selling bitcoins centrally.  The sizes of these companies means they have very large legal departments and can fight there way through all the proceeder's.  If any one of those three companies moved into buy and selling bitcoin internationally this could be what makes bitcoin enter the mainstream.  Plus with the high fees they charge it would help bitcoin in OTC buying and selling market.  

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:05:49 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 04:38:56 PM by glendall

I hope Paypal stays away. Terrible company IMHO.

Ever since about... I dunno, 5 or 6 years ago, when they screwed up a payment which caused me financial penalties and then they had absolutely no phone number at all for any sort of customer service discussion I have been an ardent disliker of these muppets.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:08:18 PM

NEWSFLASH: Bitcoin not interested in PayPal.

I beg to differ. Buying and selling bitcoins for paypal has been a hot issue for as long as Ive known about bitcoin. And having paypal accept bitcoins for funding their accounts would be fantastic. No one will ever again have to ask "what can I buy with it".

It even also makes sense for paypal and its customers; the irreversibility of bitcoin is a double edged sword. Sometimes its a god sent, but just as often you do want an escrow service or some arbiter. No matter how much you hate them, Paypal is perfectly positioned for that. In short; this is is the best news I heard all week.

w00t

Activity: 188
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:14:57 PM

I hope Paypal stays away. Terrible company IMHO.

Ever since about... I dunno, 5 or 6 years ago, when they screwed up a payment which caused me financial penalties and then they absolutely no phone number at all for any sort of customer service discussion I been an ardent disliker of these muppets.

This. I think the whole idea why we moved away from these PayPal-like methods to Bitcoin is because we don't have to deal with these a$$holes.

First PC game is using Bitcoin as the currency: Fallout 2
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
P4man

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:22:28 PM

This. I think the whole idea why we moved away from these PayPal-like methods to Bitcoin is because we don't have to deal with these a$$holes.

Not having to [deal with PP] is a good thing. Not being able to, not so good. Having the choice can only be a good thing for everyone involved.

Chakraball

Activity: 81
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:25:32 PM

Yeah I've read Western Union and MoneyGram are looking at trying to adopt bitcoin soon also.  Maybe running a fiat exchange with such tight banking laws as in the UK and US could only be done by major international corporations and not small outfits.  As currently there is no exchanges in the UK any more and with US ones being shut down.  They could corner the market for buying/selling bitcoins centrally.  The sizes of these companies means they have very large legal departments and can fight there way through all the proceeder's.  If any one of those three companies moved into buy and selling bitcoin internationally this could be what makes bitcoin enter the mainstream.  Plus with the high fees they charge it would help bitcoin in OTC buying and selling market.  

And no doubt the end of companies like localbitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: