Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:06:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is seriously undervalued; is worth $454 today  (Read 4298 times)
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:57:46 PM

Given the prevailing ecosystem, Bitcoin could conservatively IPO at usd$5Billion. Divide by 11mill btc = $454 each.

Yes I know it can't IPO, this is just a relative comparison.

Go to your bank
borrow as much as you can
buy as much as you can under $453
enjoy profit

otherwise, you have some mental disorder

There is always a chance of a critical bug, you would be stupid to invest more than you can afford to lose.
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:59:34 PM

There is always a chance of a critical bug, you would be stupid to invest more than you can afford to lose.

Who Dares Wins.
Wuji

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:00:59 PM

I'm going to give you the best bargain of your life.  All the bitcoin you want right now for $300.   That is $154 of free value.  If you buy 1000 just think, you are getting $154,000.  PM when you are ready to trade.  I take USD.

Are you special kind of stupid or what? I can get all the coins I want cheaper from MtGox. Why on earth would I bought some from you? That has nothing to do with the fact that I am sure that they are more valuable than even your price. If couldnt get enough coins from elsewhere cheaper, sure then I would buy from you.

"Special kind of stupid"?  Is that like someone who can't understand irony?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Wuji

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:40:28 PM

Bitcoin should be valued at least at  1 trillion $.

Actually for you I'm selling coin at $999,999,999,999.  There is still value left on the table though.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:51:47 PM

Who Dares Wins.

Sure, but it's already a risk inbesting in Bitcoins, you shouldn't top it with another one by lending the money to do it or spending money that you will need soon.
It will also make you panic sell easier.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:22:00 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 09:01:19 PM by wrenchmonkey

I'm going to give you the best bargain of your life.  All the bitcoin you want right now for $300.   That is $154 of free value.  If you buy 1000 just think, you are getting $154,000.  PM when you are ready to trade.  I take USD.
I cannot believe idiots like this are even allowed in the economics section. People like you remind me of my sister and me when I was 6. We devised a plan to open a Baskin Robbins and sell ice cream at $100/scoop, so that we could become REALLY RICH really fast. If there's a profit margin at $1/scoop, we could make 100 times the profit by simply charging more!

One problem with that logic though, which we figured out within a few days. Who the fuck would pay $100/scoop for ice cream, if they could buy it for $1 elsewhere, and get 100 times the value?

Why would he pay you $300/coin for  $150 "free value" when he could pay $150ish and get $300 in free value?

The current margin of "free value" is determined by the overall market, and only an imbecile would assume that just because there's still SOME free value in there (you still get a scoop of ice cream for your $100) that somebody would turn down a better value.

That's not how the market works.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Wuji

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:25:39 PM

I'm going to give you the best bargain of your life.  All the bitcoin you want right now for $300.   That is $154 of free value.  If you buy 1000 just think, you are getting $154,000.  PM when you are ready to trade.  I take USD.

I cannot believe idiots like this are even allowed in the economics section. People like you remind me of my sister and me when I was 6. We devised a plan to open a Baskin Robbins and sell ice cream at $100/scoop, so that we could become REALLY RICH really fast. If there's a profit margin at $1/scoop, we could make 100 times the profit by simply charging more!

One problem with that logic though, which we figured out within a few days. Who the fuck would pay $100/scoop for ice cream, if they could buy it for $1 elsewhere, and get 100 times the value?

Why would he pay you $300/coin for  $150 "free value" when he could pay $150ish and get $300 in free value?

The current margin of "free value" is determined by the overall market, and only an imbecile would assume that just because there's still SOME free value in there (you still get a scoop of ice cream for your $100) that somebody would turn down a better value.

First person fails to understand irony calls me stupid.

Second person fails to understand irony calls me an idiot and calls for censorship of posts.

Look out guys the geniuses are out and about today.

GET A FUCKING CLUE, IT WAS A JOKE, IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT WELL THEN PUT YOUR HELMET BACK ON YOU ARE GOING FULL RETARD AND LICKING THE WINDOW AGAIN!  IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MISSED THE LITTLE YELLOW BUS THIS MORNING ON THE WAY TO SCHOOL AND GOT ON MOMMIES COMPUTER AGAIN.  NOW SHE IS GOING TO HAVE TO CALL AND PAY $110 TO GET THE SPYWARE CLEANED UP.

Sorry I'm being a dick to be funny to show you the point about calling me an idiot and stupid when the joke went over your head.
awakening

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:28:14 PM

Second person fails to understand irony calls me an idiot and calls for censorship of posts.

GET A FUCKING CLUE, IT WAS A JOKE, IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT WELL THEN PUT YOUR HELMET BACK ON YOU ARE GOING FULL RETARD AND LICKING THE WINDOW AGAIN!  IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MISSED THE LITTLE YELLOW BUS THIS MORNING ON THE WAY TO SCHOOL AND GOT ON MOMMIES COMPUTER AGAIN.  NOW SHE IS GOING TO HAVE TO CALL AND PAY $110 TO GET THE SPYWARE CLEANED UP.

Grin Grin Grin Grin
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:03:49 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 09:13:59 PM by wrenchmonkey

GET A FUCKING CLUE, IT WAS A JOKE, IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT WELL THEN PUT YOUR HELMET BACK ON YOU ARE GOING FULL RETARD AND LICKING THE WINDOW AGAIN!  IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MISSED THE LITTLE YELLOW BUS THIS MORNING ON THE WAY TO SCHOOL AND GOT ON MOMMIES COMPUTER AGAIN.  NOW SHE IS GOING TO HAVE TO CALL AND PAY $110 TO GET THE SPYWARE CLEANED UP.

Sorry I'm being a dick to be funny to show you the point about calling me an idiot and stupid when the joke went over your head.

No, it was a moronic statement. If it was really a joke, it was just stupid. Jokes are supposed to be funny. Saying stupid things doesn't make it funny. I understand that you didn't actually BELIEVE that he would give you that much money for it, but the logic behind the point you were trying to make with your stupid joke is what is weak (I mean the joke was weak too, but that's not what I was addressing in my post).

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:28:58 PM

Ok, so if I assume it is worth 22 million, then 1 btc is worth 2 usd, and it is seriously overrated.
yes. is that what you think it's worth?

I was just showing that your reasoning is false.

geez, lighten up

actually a WORLD currency that has all the functionality that it does and the finite amount of them and say was a stock or IPO i think he is undervaluing his assertion of bitcoin inc being undervalued. very low end i think around 12,000 that is so low to. it should be quadruple that. 

then again a little tiny corn curnal of gold is 1,800 <------------ defiantly has the functionality to.....um....... shiny things are pritty  Roll Eyes
Wuji

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:23:25 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 02:35:39 PM by Wuji

No, it was a moronic statement. If it was really a joke, it was just stupid. Jokes are supposed to be funny. Saying stupid things doesn't make it funny. I understand that you didn't actually BELIEVE that he would give you that much money for it, but the logic behind the point you were trying to make with your stupid joke is what is weak (I mean the joke was weak too, but that's not what I was addressing in my post).

I'm sorry where I come from people recognize sarcasm as humor and not see it as "a moronic statement".  The OP Said that Bitcoin is worth $454.  I was asking him to put his money where his mouth is and pay the price they are worth.  I know this is probably too complex for you to grasp but, if Bitcoin was worth $454 as a usable currency it would be very difficult to have huge fluctuations down the $55 because PEOPLE WOULD BE BUYING THEM TO USE TO BUY STUFF.

When Bitcoin is worth those ridiculous amounts as ridiculous people claim it is, then it will have a stable price.  $266-$105 in a day proves it is all speculation and not worth $454.  I'm sure this is far too hard for your mind to understand and you will retort with more statements about morons and idiots.  Name calling is what clueless people do when they aren't capable of forming valuable arguments.  My six year old nephew is a good example.  Let's see if the USD without any federal intervention loses over 200% value in a day.  You know I bet it wont because it is actually a currency and not just a virtual commodity.

I love bitcoin and want it to succeed and am making money hand over fists because I recognise these facts.  Currency needs stability and if you don't get that you should try going to college.
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:26:24 PM

I have no idea what ya on about burtha, but 450 buck bitcoins sound good to me!

I'll take ya word on it Wink
Wuji

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:27:19 PM

I have no idea what ya on about burtha, but 450 buck bitcoins sound good to me!

I'll take ya word on it Wink

I hear he has 10 acres for sale on the moon for 100BTC each.  I suggest you buy while it is still cheap.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:52:31 PM

I'm sorry where I come from people recognize sarcasm as humor and not see it as "a moronic statement".  The OP Said that Bitcoin is worth $454.  I was asking him to put his money where his mouth is and pay the price they are worth.  I know this is probably too complex for you to grasp but, if Bitcoin was worth $454 as a usable currency it would be very difficult to have huge fluctuations down the $55 because PEOPLE WOULD BE BUYING THEM TO USE TO BUY STUFF.

When Bitcoin is worth those ridiculous amounts as ridiculous people claim it is, then it will have a stable price.  $266-$105 in a day proves it is all speculation and not worth $454.  I'm sure this is far too hard for your mind to understand and you will retort with more statements about morons and idiots.  Name calling is what clueless people do when they aren't capable of forming valuable arguments.  My six year old nephew is a good example.  Let's see if the USD without any federal intervention loses over 200% value in a day.  You know I bet it wont because it is actually a currency and not just a virtual commodity.

I love bitcoin and want it to succeed and am making money hand over fists because I recognise these facts.  Currency needs stability and if you don't get that you should try going to college.

That's funny, because where I come from, sarcasm only works when there's a hint of seriousness to the point being made with it. Simply saying things that you don't actually mean does not equal sarcasm. So if you were ACTUALLY trying to make a point with your sarcasm, your point was based on flawed logic. If you weren't actually trying to make a point, you are just running your mouth. Which is it?

You realize you're in the 'Speculation' section of the forum, right? Value doesn't necessarily drive price. Market perceptions also do. So just because it's 'Worth' a certain amount doesn't mean that everybody realizes that, and is willing to pay for it, if they don't have to.

I've heard lots of stories of people getting back change at a cash register, and getting a coin that turned out to be "worth" thousands of dollars, but it was just given to him at face value. Does that mean he should have taken the penny back to the register and said "I'm sorry, I can't accept this coin as change, because it's WORTH $50,000.00" Huh

You're in the speculation forum, guy. Speculation is more than about the price things are being traded at.

Wuji

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:00:07 PM

That's funny, because where I come from, sarcasm only works when there's a hint of seriousness to the point being made with it. Simply saying things that you don't actually mean does not equal sarcasm. So if you were ACTUALLY trying to make a point with your sarcasm, your point was based on flawed logic. If you weren't actually trying to make a point, you are just running your mouth. Which is it?

Op said "Bitcoin is seriously undervalued; is worth $454 today"  The truth in the sarcasm is that he seems to belive that.  I am quoting him those are his words and his truth.

You realize you're in the 'Speculation' section of the forum, right? Value doesn't necessarily drive price. Market perceptions also do. So just because it's 'Worth' a certain amount doesn't mean that everybody realizes that, and is willing to pay for it, if they don't have to.

Yes I do and I was speculating that it isn't worth $454.  You failed to grasp the sarcasm because you probably think they are worth $800 each.

I've heard lots of stories of people getting back change at a cash register, and getting a coin that turned out to be "worth" thousands of dollars, but it was just given to him at face value. Does that mean he should have taken the penny back to the register and said "I'm sorry, I can't accept this coin as change, because it's WORTH $50,000.00" Huh

Your analogy is backwards.  He isn't saying he has a Bitcoin worth "face value".  He thinks his bitcoin is worth 4x the price (or perceived value if that helps you).  When you can show me the magical Bitcoin worth $50k then maybe your analogy might make some sense.
101111 (OP)

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:33:51 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 04:12:29 PM by 101111

You lot are hilarious, I'd love to see an xckd version of this.

in edit: http://xkcd.com/248/
Wuji

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:57:09 PM

Well as for permabulls who have problems grasping concepts I have one thing to add and then I'm done with this thread.  I'm running an investment group with over 50 guys with 100k minimum each.  The forums have gone full retard and I can no longer devote time to bullshit discussions.  Here is my last contribution to you all permabulls.  What I visualise you doing....  P.S. I'm not a permabear and invested in Bitcoin.

https://i.imgur.com/7SI0mLd.png

To all those who never sell their coins, so long and thanks for all the cash!
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:02:17 PM

Op said "Bitcoin is seriously undervalued; is worth $454 today"  The truth in the sarcasm is that he seems to belive that.  I am quoting him those are his words and his truth.

Yes I do and I was speculating that it isn't worth $454.  You failed to grasp the sarcasm because you probably think they are worth $800 each.

Your analogy is backwards.  He isn't saying he has a Bitcoin worth "face value".  He thinks his bitcoin is worth 4x the price (or perceived value if that helps you).  When you can show me the magical Bitcoin worth $50k then maybe your analogy might make some sense.

The analogy makes PERFECT sense. If somebody bought a coin at face value, and then came onto a coin trading forum and said "Hey guys, there's a place giving away $50,000 quarters at face value! They don't seem to know or care what they have!" and then some other idiot said "Well, I just went and got some from them too. Why don't you pay me $40,000 for them?" that's pretty much analogous to the crap you just pulled over here.

If it was just a crappy joke, why do you continue to defend it so much?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: