Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:32:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Particl/ShadowCash- SCAM EXPOSED ALERT -DETAILS INSIDE - COMMUNITY WARNING  (Read 3073 times)
xmrlove (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 03:11:54 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2017, 05:51:09 PM by xmrlove

ShadowCash has been a long running pump and dump operation for the past 3-4 years here on Bitcointalk. They told folks they would be creating a "decentralized darknet market in wallet" .... they strang many people along for years. Then some months back after the XMR massive rise from .50 cents they rebranded as "UMBRA" (They rebranded to UMBRA on August 8th) - to PUMP their coin again right around the time XMR took off. Only to let everyone know they are abandoning the shadow UBMRA project in its entirety (keep in mind UMBRA market never came to light) and moved to a new project called Particl. They wrecked many poor n00b souls to this crypt0 space. Stringing people along over and over in a endless cycle. Now they are capitalizing on this stupidity and it is up to us vet traders to stomp them out. A few months ago a channel trying to establish itself in this space known as Cryptocurrency Market started a new series of videos claiming they had some mysterious "sponsor" who was funding their channel and would provide us more details later. They then did a privacy coin special...and made subtle hints to buy SHADOWCASH before they abandoned the project and started particl. If you take a look at the SDC charts and compare to their privacy coin video series you will see the pumps that were created due to their "privacy bucket" video series. Shortly after the SDC project was abandoned Cryptocurrency Market has come out and revealed who has been sponsoring them this entire time! - SHADOWCASH /UBRA or w.e. AKA PARTICL. ....This entire thing stinks. The crypt0 space is maturing and it is time for original blockchains that bring innovation - no more of this copy paste rebranded recycled garbage.

Please see the video here and follow your gut: (you can tell starting @ 6:00 in the video Ryn0 is up to something reading his face and replies regarding the rebrand of SDC to "Shadowbanking?"...)

https://youtu.be/yQvFUYrdDJU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptogasm

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:03:12 PM

ShadowCash has been a long running pump and dump operation for the past 3-4 years here on Bitcointalk. They told folks they would be creating a "decentralized darknet market in wallet" .... they strang many people along for years. Then some months back after the XMR massive rise from .50 cents they rebranded as "UMBRA" (They rebranded to UMBRA on August 8th) - to PUMP their coin again right around the time XMR took off. Only to let everyone know they are abandoning the shadow UBMRA project in its entirety (keep in mind UMBRA market never came to light) and moved to a new project called Particl. They wrecked many poor n00b souls to this crypt0 space. Stringing people along over and over in a endless cycle. Now they are capitalizing on this stupidity and it is up to us vet traders to stomp them out. A few months ago a channel trying to establish itself in this space known as Cryptocurrency Market started a new series of videos claiming they had some mysterious "sponsor" who was funding their channel and would provide us more details later. They then did a privacy coin special...and made subtle hints to buy SHADOWCASH before they abandoned the project and started particl. If you take a look at the SDC charts and compare to their privacy coin video series you will see the pumps that were created due to their "privacy bucket" video series. Shortly after the SDC project was abandoned Cryptocurrency Market has come out and revealed who has been sponsoring them this entire time! - SHADOWCASH /UBRA or w.e. AKA PARTICL. ....This entire thing stinks. The crypt0 space is maturing and it is time for original blockchains that bring innovation - no more of this copy paste rebranded recycled garbage.

Please see the video here and follow your gut: (you can tell starting @ 6:00 in the video Ryn0 is up to something reading his face and replies regarding the rebrand of SDC to "Shadowbanking?"...)

https://youtu.be/yQvFUYrdDJU

Wow! Nicely put.
xmrlove (OP)

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 08:04:23 PM

PART 2 RELEASED TODAY:

https://youtu.be/v7ZJVGLr_as

KEY POINTS TO WATCH : 9:00 -12:33   - RYNO CLEARLY FAILS TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION LEON. He fed you guys a bullshit answer that made 0 sense. You guys should cut ties with this group they are a bunch of low lifes. Not sure if those other 2 are fully in on it but Ryno the dev is a con artist scammer. "we need the full package" - makes 0 sense. skirts around the question. - PS. - You guys did ask solid questions so props for that. This further established my point and in my opinion shows investors how incompetent the team behind this Particl/ShadowCoin/Shadowcash project is.
fob123

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:06:22 PM

I posted this in the partial.io thread but got deleted.

"One of the core team member for particl.io, shazzy was part of the rise project, and that too is a scam"
ctor

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:14:53 AM

This could evolve into a good warning for investors, but I suggest you improve it.

Break into paragraphs, fix typos, add time and date to show chronology, add links to evidence. Use archive.is to capture controversial content before it is deleted. Do not abuse bold, italics and capital letters.

Takes time sure, but a well written thing is taken much more seriously.
Jumanji7

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:21:58 PM

I`m really sorry for those people who invested in this exit scam called SDC  Sad
xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:44:47 PM

SDC had premine right ?

I still remember the time when people were comparing SDC with XMR and a premine answer was raised by a member on reddit. This is when people were saying the it is a scam

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:05:42 AM

said it over a year ago, sdc shit scam insider trader devs coin.

now it has come true.

thus, donèt touch partclll

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Drgmn

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:59:13 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 09:23:55 AM by Drgmn

Guys. I forecasted EXACTLY this a Year ago!

He wont come back. The whole point of the STK project was to keep burned CINNI holders quiet while the whole Cinni Crew made a fresh start with SDC. I would bet Cinnicoin is just one of their accounts, not an actual individual.

Cinni was always just a copy of Blackcoin. When the PoS coin hype was gone, the crew jumped on the next fad which were anoncoins. They took their apps with them like in-client messaging and so on. Remember that one? upon its release, they dumped Cinni to the ground and ran over to SDC.

This crap is also almost done with now and I would bet my ass they also have their exit Plans for SDC ready and willl make a new jump soon. Probably a Multifunction, Smartchain, Etherclone - something coin to profit from current trends.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907490.msg14252121#msg14252121

Now they let everyone wait for "ShadowMarket" for years and all you could read in the forum was how much the price would increase to the moon once its finally there.

Now they got there and SURPRISE - SDC is over! What a surprise.. oh, the irony.

Oh, here meet your scammers and see their happy faces at min.06:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQvFUYrdDJU&feature=youtu.be

Ryno explains the scam development from BC to SDC to their new "particl" scam. How funny, they cannot even remember they made a Cinni Coin or STK coin once.

He is even lying there, claiming they developed the encrypted messaging for SDC while it actually was the last feature they developed for Cinni Coin before they exited to SDC.

The only thing I am surprised about is that they are reckless enough to show their faces and real names in a video. He even mentions he lives in South Africa. They screwed so many people over in years, yet not worrying somebody will put a hit on them?

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:13:36 PM

I really liked SDC in terms of the anon feature etc. Did some trading back in the day and made some decent BTC. But given they never delivered and then come up with this particle thing I sold off everything I had left and won't touch anything from those guys again.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Viper1

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:17:46 PM

Particle just want to do what Bitbay are already doing! They are at least 3 years behind Bitbay. Shadowcah devs even tried to reverse engineer bitbays 'Halo' software but couldnt. Why would anyone invest in Paricle when Bitbay already offers what Particle want to create?
BitBay doesn't have anything. Halo is what you're talking about. BitBay is just a blackcoin clone and the market part etc is a standalone Halo app. Besides, they wouldn't have to "figure out" Halo. They can just use BitMarkets if they wanted to as it's pretty much the same thing, is open source, and was developed by 4 guys starting in Jan 2014.

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:22:33 AM

Particle just want to do what Bitbay are already doing! They are at least 3 years behind Bitbay. Shadowcah devs even tried to reverse engineer bitbays 'Halo' software but couldnt. Why would anyone invest in Paricle when Bitbay already offers what Particle want to create?
BitBay doesn't have anything. Halo is what you're talking about. BitBay is just a blackcoin clone and the market part etc is a standalone Halo app. Besides, they wouldn't have to "figure out" Halo. They can just use BitMarkets if they wanted to as it's pretty much the same thing, is open source, and was developed by 4 guys starting in Jan 2014.

Maybe you should do a little research? All Halo development is now done in BitBay. And for the time being Blackcoin only gets bugfixes. All the new features are only in BitBay, and it's gonna stay like that for a while.
Viper1

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:59:12 AM

Maybe you should do a little research? All Halo development is now done in BitBay. And for the time being Blackcoin only gets bugfixes. All the new features are only in BitBay, and it's gonna stay like that for a while.
Oh believe me, I've spent several days researching absolutely everything to do with BitBay but no one that's drank the coolaid is interested. As long as you're happy with it and the various risks involved then good luck to you.

CoinMenX

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:21:38 AM

sorry i am newbie, who can explain for me about Blackcoin, bitbay, and partical Dev Team.
do they have any relationship?
cryptoguard

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:08:56 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 01:21:54 AM by cryptoguard

Hey,

Just wanted to chime in as we often get questions regarding this thread in particular.

I think it is obvious by now that Particl IS NOT a scam of some sort and that the developing team is more than competent. They has already delivered a lot of releases that are completely revolutionary to the crypto scene:

- First proof-of-stake project to implement cold staking and quantum-resistance into its consensus mechanism
- First native Segwit project, meaning 100% of transaction are made using Segwit
- First project to ever implement CT and RingCT on top of the Bitcoin codebase. Particl did it even before LTC. RingCT is currently being peer-reviewed at the NJIT Department of Technology (https://web.njit.edu/~qiang/)
- First project to implement CT and RingCT on top of Segwit
- First project to upgrade its codebase to Bitcoin Core 0.15.1 after BTC of course, that is faster than BCH and even LTC
- One of the first project to effectively have atomic swaps already enabled. I think we were the fourth project to do so and have been working with Decred to make it happen (http://swapready.net/)
- Tecnovert, Particl's lead cryptographer, is also ranked third in terms of contributions added to the Bitcoin codebase. In comparison, that is more than Gavin Andresen. (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSe1T2pX4AE8pAE.jpg)

As for the many claims in this thread, grossly misleading and innacurate. It must be known to people that there is a long history between Monero and Particl (Shadowcash), and that the Monero community used to spread a lot of disinformation about Shadowcash as it was on of their biggest competitor at the time (and still is in my opinion). This is not surprising that this thread full of misleading comments has been started by someone named "xmrlove" (XMR stands for Monero). What follows is my reply to the claims made in this thread, as always, I advise the individual user to make his own independant research and see for himself the Particl project is nothing like people in this thread want to make it look like:

---

Claims:

Shadowcash was pre-mined
False, Shadowcash was launched fairly with no pre-mine. At some point, a mining farm decided to massively mine Shadowcash and is the reason why the Shadowcash team decided to cut short the PoW period and switch to PoS (to block the farm's mass acquiring of coins). This was actually quite common back then and Shadowcash is not the only project that suffered from this kind of "attack".

The SDC/Particl swap was an exit scam
False, all SDC holders were offered a 1:1 swap with the possibility to add BTCs to their swap to get extra PARTs as a funding contribution, meaning that anyone who proceeded through the swap process had the opportunity to get at least as much coins as they did before the swap. This was what is called a contribution round, and was a way to avoid being classified as a security or an ICO, as recommended by Particl's legal advisory firm MME, which is the same one used by the Ethereum Foundation. It is becoming more and more obvious this was a good thing as some other projects that have taken less legal steps are currently getting delisted from exchanges or being cracked down by their local authorities. Note that the Particl team only received ~750,000 USD as funding which is one of the smallest crowdfunds in crypto in 2017. If you want real scams, look for ICOs who raise tens and even hundreds of million with simply an idea on a pretty whitepaper.

Another reason for the swap was to start the blockchain anew with better, more private features. Back in Shadowcash, privacy was attained through the use of dual stealth addresses and ring signatures. While this stack of technology was not necessarily bad in itself, much better privacy protocols have come out ever since, namely Confidential Transactions and RingCT (what Monero uses, only Particl applies to the Bitcoin codebase rather than the Cryptonote codebase). This assures much better privacy to its users as ring signatures and dual stealth addresses are not considered safe from blockchain analysis anymore. This was done to protect the SDC users.

They also took the opportunity to start the chain as the first PoS chain in history (no pre-mine, PoW period or anything, just pure PoS) and also as the first native Segwit chain, meaning all transactions would be going through Segwit and that 100% of the blocks are compatible, unlike all other Segwit projects that have "activated" Segwit. Now consider that all CT and RingCT privacy transactions are going through Segwit, that is pretty innovative and makes the scalability of Particl's privacy tools much higher than most privacy coins, including Monero's huge blockchain. Also worth noting, the Particl PoS used to launch the Particl chain was much different than Shadowcash's basic PoS3 (which is still used by the vast majority of PoS coins).

The CINNI team moved to Shadowcash
This is innacurate. Ryno was hired by the CINNI team back then to develop their messaging system. Once Ryno started his own project and since cryptocurrencies are an open-source environment, he simply forked CINNI's messaging system, the one he coded himself, and merged it into his own project. This is no different than, for example, PIVX forking DASH and building upon it. This is a pretty standard practice in crypto. Also concerning Particl's relation with Blackcoin, there is none, only that Shadowcash started off as a Blackcoin fork, which is itself a Bitcoin fork. Again, common practice in crypto. 95% of coins are forked off something.

---

I actually encourage anyone to do their own research about Particl and see how much this project has grown from Shadowcash. I am confident anyone doing their own research on this coin will come to the realization that it is not a scam at all and is actually a massively undervalued coin (probably due to the fact that this project was FUDed so much, thus going under everybody's rader). If you want to look for scams, look at the whitepapers being worth billions with no actual product. Particl only raised $750,000 and is barely doing any marketing at the moment, just working on their mission to build the best and most cutting-edge privacy platform in crypto. Particl's Github (https://github.com/particl/) is actually one of the most active in crypto, I believe the quality of the work found over there speaks for itself. Particl is a much superior blockchain than what people realize and is actually innovating the crypto space unlike most projects.

Here are a couple of infographics that can kickstart your research:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iesm8ulr6edwrfh/AACbp3A-SbJkf1Up2CEjroj8a?dl=0

Here are a few good links on Particl:

https://particl.io
https://en.bitcoinwiki.org/wiki/Particl
https://decentralize.today/@cryptoguard
https://np.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/7f28ja/the_intelligent_investors_guide_to_cryptocurrency/

Since2014

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 08:33:58 PM

Cryptoguard is one of the leading purpetrators of this explicit scam. Look at the price drop since he wrote that, probably he made himself rich dumping his garbage remake of shadowcash on everyone. real pieces of garbage that coin. Don't buy into it unless you want to throw money away.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: