Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:25:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Server PSU-powered GPU rig packages! Pico's, Risers, adapter cables, etc.  (Read 15909 times)
kaltar

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:33:00 AM

Depends whwre you are. I got mine in the UK from "KustomPCs". 160w pico. Got a 6pin to 8pinEPS adaptor coming woth a pigtail attached to power the pico and the mobo from a 6pin cable off my server psu.
Did you get the pig tail from them also ?, i ordered a pico from ebay but i'm still looking for the pig tail
Finksy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:31:13 AM

Depends whwre you are. I got mine in the UK from "KustomPCs". 160w pico. Got a 6pin to 8pinEPS adaptor coming woth a pigtail attached to power the pico and the mobo from a 6pin cable off my server psu.
Did you get the pig tail from them also ?, i ordered a pico from ebay but i'm still looking for the pig tail

Check your PM.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
RunnerUp

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:06:20 AM

Check your PM.

Dang yeah those picos and the adapter assembly's are the only thing holding me back Sad  Don't want to buy from someone else Finksy's work great. Hope your back at it soon.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:29:05 PM

Is there some trick to getting these Pico PSUs to power on the motherboard that I'm just not seeing?  I have plugged the Pico PSU into the 24 pin connector on the mobo.  Plugged the EPS pigtail into the CPU EPS connector on the mobo.  Then plugged the 6 pin cable and barrel adapters together and plugged that into my server PSU's breakout board.  I get a blue light on the Pico PSU so it appears to be getting power properly... but when I hit the power button on my rig, nothing happens.  If I unplug the barrel adapter and plug it back in, I see the CPU fan spin for a second.  This is the same behavior you will see if you are using a regular ATX PSU and you pull and re-plug the power cable on it.  So it seems like everything should be connected properly... but it just won't power on.  If I remove the Pico PSU, and plug in a spare ATX PSU to the same 24 pin/EPS connectors, everything powers up just fine.  So, I know there is nothing else configured incorrectly.  My server PSU powers my GPUS just fine, so I know the server PSU  and breakout board works fine.

Also, Finsky... I sent you a couple of PMs about my previous order a few weeks ago.  I know you have been recovering from your disaster, so I've been patiently waiting, but if you could at least acknowledge that you got the PMs and what the plan is for fulfilling that order, I'd be grateful.

kaltar

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:11:50 PM

Is there some trick to getting these Pico PSUs to power on the motherboard that I'm just not seeing?  I have plugged the Pico PSU into the 24 pin connector on the mobo.  Plugged the EPS pigtail into the CPU EPS connector on the mobo.  Then plugged the 6 pin cable and barrel adapters together and plugged that into my server PSU's breakout board.  I get a blue light on the Pico PSU so it appears to be getting power properly... but when I hit the power button on my rig, nothing happens.  If I unplug the barrel adapter and plug it back in, I see the CPU fan spin for a second.  This is the same behavior you will see if you are using a regular ATX PSU and you pull and re-plug the power cable on it.  So it seems like everything should be connected properly... but it just won't power on.  If I remove the Pico PSU, and plug in a spare ATX PSU to the same 24 pin/EPS connectors, everything powers up just fine.  So, I know there is nothing else configured incorrectly.  My server PSU powers my GPUS just fine, so I know the server PSU  and breakout board works fine.

i had a similar problem, but this was because of my impatience, i was still trying to power my main gpu, the one on the pcie16x (usb riser part ) from a different psu and it didn't like that at all. and was causing the same symptoms you have now.

puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:13:10 PM

i had a similar problem, but this was because of my impatience, i was still trying to power my main gpu, the one on the pcie16x (usb riser part ) from a different psu and it didn't like that at all. and was causing the same symptoms you have now.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried running nothing but the mobo with the Pico PSU that is directly connected to the server PSU and breakout adapter.  I've connected no GPUs or risers to the server PSU and the Pico PSU still will not allow me to turn on the mobo.
kaltar

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:15:35 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried running nothing but the mobo with the Pico PSU that is directly connected to the server PSU and breakout adapter.  I've connected no GPUs or risers to the server PSU and the Pico PSU still will not allow me to turn on the mobo.

the only thing i can think of to try in this case is plug the pico ( 4pin ) to the motherboard cpu instead of the EPS in case the cable it was bladly made and you not getting power to the cpu. you can plug the 4 pin in one side of the 8 pin no prob.
ssdaytona

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:34:25 PM

guys,

still trying to sort out these server PSU's. I see on eBay that there are a bunch of used, "server pulls," aka seller refurbished. There are some that are listed as DPS-1200fb-1, I suspect that's the one that we want? What about the DPS-1200SB-A?

thank
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 07:27:02 PM

Anyone have recommendations for a PSU to power a single antminer L3+?

Shot you a PM Finksy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:11:41 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 07:24:31 PM by toptek

Is there some trick to getting these Pico PSUs to power on the motherboard that I'm just not seeing?  I have plugged the Pico PSU into the 24 pin connector on the mobo.  Plugged the EPS pigtail into the CPU EPS connector on the mobo.  Then plugged the 6 pin cable and barrel adapters together and plugged that into my server PSU's breakout board.  I get a blue light on the Pico PSU so it appears to be getting power properly... but when I hit the power button on my rig, nothing happens.  If I unplug the barrel adapter and plug it back in, I see the CPU fan spin for a second.  This is the same behavior you will see if you are using a regular ATX PSU and you pull and re-plug the power cable on it.  So it seems like everything should be connected properly... but it just won't power on.  If I remove the Pico PSU, and plug in a spare ATX PSU to the same 24 pin/EPS connectors, everything powers up just fine.  So, I know there is nothing else configured incorrectly.  My server PSU powers my GPUS just fine, so I know the server PSU  and breakout board works fine.

Also, Finsky... I sent you a couple of PMs about my previous order a few weeks ago.  I know you have been recovering from your disaster, so I've been patiently waiting, but if you could at least acknowledge that you got the PMs and what the plan is for fulfilling that order, I'd be grateful.

The way i did it was make my own cable till the 30” PCIe to EPS adapter assembly with barrel jack pig-tailed for powering Pico PSU (shown WITH Pico PSU connected, not included) - $6

are in stock ... is take one of these https://centrix-intl.com/details.asp?Parent2ID=1&productid=13186 and found a cheap in stock 10 pack of these on sell on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G0Q4422/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it worked but i see the 30” PCIe to EPS adapter assembly with barrel jack pig-tailed for powering Pico PSU are in stock now, but I see he not taking orders yet . so i have to wait and do what I came up with till then and can use my 1200 and 2400 watt server PSU, while i /we wait ....

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:12:34 PM

Is there something I can wire so that if I have to power cycle my mining rig that has a standard atx evga psu for the motherbboard as well as an hp1200 server psu to turn on the server psu with the atx? Right now if i power cycle, the server psu doesn't turn on and the system won't boot properly. I have to shut it down and manually push the button on the breakout board to turn the server psu on. I know their are pico adapters. My question is, is there something that allows me to use both and turn on both at the same time.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:11:59 PM

Is there something I can wire so that if I have to power cycle my mining rig that has a standard atx evga psu for the motherbboard as well as an hp1200 server psu to turn on the server psu with the atx? Right now if i power cycle, the server psu doesn't turn on and the system won't boot properly. I have to shut it down and manually push the button on the breakout board to turn the server psu on. I know their are pico adapters. My question is, is there something that allows me to use both and turn on both at the same time.

one of these break out boards does but I'm still trying to figure out how to power off everything when i do remote shut downs, i know you can some do it but they won't tell me how i have asked even offered to pay for the tip , sooner or later I'll get it .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DPS1200FB-power-supply-breakout-board-adapter-GPU-miner-remote-on-12V-Ethereum-/302387593983?

I don't know what wire i need to run it from the four pin header on the break out board to the Pico's powering the motherboard that will tell it to shut down everything. I think Finksy makes that cable but right now, like he said hes not able to do any orders ..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cryos75

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:55:17 AM

Same here, looking for all connectors required for an IBM 2880W PSU to power a few GPU rigs with motherboard, 12v CPU, fans, and Solid state drive. I have the PSU and the PCIe breakout boards. Any suggestions where to buy in US?

Apologies everyone, but for the time being I am not accepting any orders.  I am not able to provide an appropriate level of service at this time, and cannot commit to reasonable timeframes. I will update in a few weeks once I get caught up.

Good luck with getting caught up Finksy.

Does anyone know where else you can buy this;

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq64/ttrot17/Mobile%20Uploads/4797FF44-FFAF-486D-8FB8-009D48C0D627_zps45qepwcl.jpg~original
fk1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 05:53:15 PM

Hi, I am currently. trying to get all those cables together from amazon/ebay to build a rig with server psu. I still struggle with two things:

1. how do I power on the pico PSU from only pcie6pins?
2. how do I power on ssd, fans, etc everything molex-type?

thanks and regards
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:33:15 PM

Hi, I am currently. trying to get all those cables together from amazon/ebay to build a rig with server psu. I still struggle with two things:

thanks and regards

1. You get an adaptor cable made to suit. I used a 6pin to 8pin eps cable with a pigtail coming out of the 6pin end to power the pico.

2. Buy a 6pin to molex adaptor/splitter and run the fans directly from the psu, not the pico.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
fk1

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:40:39 AM

thanks and regards

1. You get an adaptor cable made to suit. I used a 6pin to 8pin eps cable with a pigtail coming out of the 6pin end to power the pico.

2. Buy a 6pin to molex adaptor/splitter and run the fans directly from the psu, not the pico.
Thx for yourreply gt_addict.  Unfortunately i cant find both of these cables online so i guess im searching for the wrong keywords. Could you please share some ebay/amazon/aliexpress links?  Tyvm
fk1

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:10:29 AM

I'm still looking for the first pigtail cable. Found the second one already. can someone please help?
TrunkMonkey

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:58:11 AM

Has anyone seen these ready made cables with 4/8 pin EPS, PCIe 6pin, and barrel connector for pico ATX anywhere?

Is Finksy still selling these? I don't see anything anywhere saying how to order this stuff from Finksy.

DookieHazard

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:23:07 AM

hoping he is just busy but I had sent him a PM a week ago but still waiting for an answer. I did state that I was wanting to purchase items.
polymer_city

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:34:59 PM

Is there some trick to getting these Pico PSUs to power on the motherboard that I'm just not seeing?  I have plugged the Pico PSU into the 24 pin connector on the mobo.  Plugged the EPS pigtail into the CPU EPS connector on the mobo.  Then plugged the 6 pin cable and barrel adapters together and plugged that into my server PSU's breakout board.  I get a blue light on the Pico PSU so it appears to be getting power properly... but when I hit the power button on my rig, nothing happens.  If I unplug the barrel adapter and plug it back in, I see the CPU fan spin for a second.  This is the same behavior you will see if you are using a regular ATX PSU and you pull and re-plug the power cable on it.  So it seems like everything should be connected properly... but it just won't power on.  If I remove the Pico PSU, and plug in a spare ATX PSU to the same 24 pin/EPS connectors, everything powers up just fine.  So, I know there is nothing else configured incorrectly.  My server PSU powers my GPUS just fine, so I know the server PSU  and breakout board works fine.

Also, Finsky... I sent you a couple of PMs about my previous order a few weeks ago.  I know you have been recovering from your disaster, so I've been patiently waiting, but if you could at least acknowledge that you got the PMs and what the plan is for fulfilling that order, I'd be grateful.

I have just had the same issue.

I uplugged working rig to add some new cards, plugged it all back in and fan spun on MB for a second then nothing.
So after pulling my hair out I realized the Pico had gone!

It’s outputting the 3v, but no 12v.

Hours wasted.

These Pico’s do not seem very robust.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: