Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:05:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explanation of Ethereum  (Read 603 times)
Mikesmeagher (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:20:49 AM

Hey everyone,

I am very new to the Crypto-World. I have spent a lot of time researching the ins and outs of Bitcoin. I have no computer science or programming background so the deep logistics of Blockchain technology confuses me. That said, I can grasp the very basics. In a simplistic way, can someone explain to me what Ethereum is/does?

Bitcoin uses blockchain technology to get something of value from me to you with no intermediary. This value is essentially internet currency. I understand how blockchain works in terms of currency but I know Ethereum is something different. Anyone care to explain? (As if you were explaining to a 5th grader) Cheesy

Thanks!
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:29:28 AM

googling the term "What is Ethereum" brings up some good resources you can read that can explain it better than I can Smiley
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethereum
www.coindesk.com/information/what-is-ethereum/

basically it is a platform which is designed for Smart contracts (and just FYI smart contracts is something that can be easily done with bitcoin).
now this platform provides a token called "ether" which then is traded like other altcoins.

additionally I should add that nothing about the development of this coins is decentralized. and the price has always been object of heavy manipulations by millionaires who have their money at stake in this coin.

Only Bitcoin
Und3rw00d

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:15:12 AM

I think that the most important is excluding third parties like government or police from your everyday business.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:25:31 AM

I think that the most important is excluding third parties like government or police from your everyday business.

that is what bitcoin does to some extend and then also that is what most of the anonymous coins claim they can do but only a couple of good ones such as Monero really does.
but in no way ethereum does what you think it does Smiley

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
dfd1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:56:31 AM

Hey everyone,

I am very new to the Crypto-World. I have spent a lot of time researching the ins and outs of Bitcoin. I have no computer science or programming background so the deep logistics of Blockchain technology confuses me. That said, I can grasp the very basics. In a simplistic way, can someone explain to me what Ethereum is/does?

Bitcoin uses blockchain technology to get something of value from me to you with no intermediary. This value is essentially internet currency. I understand how blockchain works in terms of currency but I know Ethereum is something different. Anyone care to explain? (As if you were explaining to a 5th grader) Cheesy

Thanks!
Sure, Ethereum is a botnet. Think of it like some guy will run his software on your computer, and you will pay for it. Also you will pay for Vitalik premine and banksters ICO. How much money do you want to throw in ethereum?
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:57:57 AM

I know Ethereum is something different. Anyone care to explain? (As if you were explaining to a 5th grader)
I don't think anybody will be willing to reply here with full detail on Ethereum so you can help yourself with this links:

http://ethdocs.org/en/latest/
https://www.ethereum.org/

Their Official thread content almost everything you need to understand ETH https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.0
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 11:03:11 AM

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/61y5ix/welcome_to_rethereum_the_reddit_front_page_of_the/

Read the link above. Also, everyone on this forum invested/speculated in some cryptocurrency, so they will likely FUD any other project they aren't invested in. Take everything it is said here with a grain of salt.

So, ethereum, just like bitcoin, can be money, but much more. Ether itself is the fuel needed on the blockchain to run applications and smart contracts. Basically, unlike bitcoin, whos only usage comes from speculation ( since very few actually use it to pay for things ), ether's usage comes from both speculation and the actual fuel that is burned in the process of running these DAPPS/smart contracts.
There are hundreds of dapps that already work / in work and there are hundreds of corporations and institutions working directly or indirectly on ethereum.
Some corporations that currently work on ethereum, see this http://entethalliance.org/ and more to be revealed at the next EEA meeting.
dfd1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 11:08:14 AM

Read the link above. Also, everyone on this forum invested/speculated in some cryptocurrency, so they will likely FUD any other project they aren't invested in. Take everything it is said here with a grain of salt.

It's looks more like you invested in ethereum during a pump, get scammed by banksters who dumped some small part of their huge premine on you, and now want to dump your bag of cheap coins on head of inexperienced  newbie.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 11:27:21 AM

It's looks more like you invested in ethereum during a pump, get scammed by banksters who dumped some small part of their huge premine on you, and now want to dump your bag of cheap coins on head of inexperienced  newbie.

in fact if bitcointalk could draw a daily activity chart instead of this hourly one that you see in everyone's profiles, then you could see a perfect match between his daily activity peek and the ethereum price pump peek.

and it is funny how everyone in the forum is saying things against what this user and so many other throwaway brand new accounts are saying. they all must be wrong, and this one person right!

--looking for signature--
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: