Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:07:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A newbie board.. really? Butterfly labs 50Gh/s  (Read 1587 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 12:37:17 PM

You honestly think BFL will deliver? Hahaha.

No, see, he's great at data mining, so that's why he sunk thousands of dollars into a venture he obviously didn't investigate and.... I have no idea, where I'm going with this, it is just too comical.
napoleon2121

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:00:28 PM

i buyed one some moths ago. i think that it will never come lol
Rathjinx

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:56:34 PM

My thoughts on mining and difficulty are that the difficulty will always settle at a point that is relative to the amount of money people are willing to spend on the widest available production method.

If the most efficient (and widely available) hardware you can buy is 5Mh/s/dollar, then the majority of miners will use that hardware and the network hashrate will rise accordingly. This means, that unless you are on the leading edge with a new piece of hardware, you can never really gain much advantage.

For example, if Bob the statistically average miner maintains $1000 worth of mining hardware, and upgrades at a rate that is also average, he will never really progress in terms of his share of the entire network hashrate, which means he will always (again, on average) generate bit coins at a constant rate, assuming he is keeping up with the available technology.

Then again, I am a newb, so what do I know.
lowlevel

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:28:17 PM

What are your thoughts on where its headed?

Do we really think difficulty will still peak to 100M like some "experts" say in the next few months based on the fact that ASIC hardware is already on the market and hashing away?

Would it also be safe to say that GPU hashing will be extinct (as cpu was pushed out initially by gpu) as a result to ASIC, hopefully dropping the difficulty down somewhat?

If you've tried to buy a decent ATI/AMD video card on Kijiji or craigslist lately, you'll find that many people are still full steam ahead on GPU mining...

Would you rather talk Altcoins? - https://cryptocointalk.com/
mrkubanftw (OP)

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 09:03:09 PM

You honestly think BFL will deliver? Hahaha.

No, see, he's great at data mining, so that's why he sunk thousands of dollars into a venture he obviously didn't investigate and.... I have no idea, where I'm going with this, it is just too comical.

And your good at talking..(from what iv gathered on all of your other posts on this forum) and not actually backing up what you say.

I'v personally spoken to the team at BFL.

There own blog stated yesterday that they shipped units. Regardless i'm not concerned with your opinion.

Go read something.
imatworkprobably

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:17:30 PM

I tried to quantify the increase in difficulty/hashrate for a given number of BFL ASIC miners:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akhvf6-Gen09dDFMbGQ1NlRaTW9OMzVjSmJ4dGpPZkE&usp=sharing

Its still a work in process, but it might help you get an idea of where the difficulty will be.
madmailman96

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:38:11 PM

Yea Theres a newbie board!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: