Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:05:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is LBC (https://lbc.cryptoguru.org) really doing?  (Read 1158 times)
Gyrsur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 05:20:54 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2017, 05:34:26 AM by Gyrsur

This thread is to find out what the so called "Large Bitcoin Collider" is really doing.

https://lbc.cryptoguru.org

Despite of what it's creator is claiming what it is doing.

To find out the truth and fight against FUD.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyrsur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 05:26:04 AM

What I found so far as the source. No github page else.

ftp://ftp.cryptoguru.org/LBC/source/Go/genh160.go

Code:
package main

import (
"os"
"fmt"
"math/big"
"strconv"

"github.com/btcsuite/btcd/btcec"
"github.com/btcsuite/btcutil"
)

const ResultsPerRun = 1048576
var (
// One
one = big.NewInt(1)
)

func main() {
page, err := strconv.ParseInt(os.Args[1], 10, 64)
if err != nil { }
// Calculate our starting key from page number
count := new(big.Int).Mul(big.NewInt(page), big.NewInt(ResultsPerRun))

// Create a slice to pad our count to 32 bytes
padded := make([]byte, 32)

for i := 0; i < ResultsPerRun; i++{
// Increment our counter
count.Add(count, one)

// Copy count value's bytes to padded slice
copy(padded[32-len(count.Bytes()):], count.Bytes())

// Get public key
_, public := btcec.PrivKeyFromBytes(btcec.S256(), padded)

fmt.Print(string(btcutil.Hash160(public.SerializeUncompressed())))
fmt.Print(string(btcutil.Hash160(public.SerializeCompressed())))

}
}

rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 06:03:49 AM

What I found so far as the source. No github page else.

Congrats, you're about 7 months behind.

The source "you found" is a stripped down version of https://github.com/saracen/directory.io
This generator was used before "brainflayer" became the basis.

You also may "find" ftp://ftp.cryptoguru.org/LBC/client/LBC - the source of the client (which - BTW - you may install and examine in vitro)

In time, you also may find https://github.com/ryancdotorg/brainflayer which was the basis for LBC some time ago.

I know it is way easier to wear a tinfoil hat than to actually read and understand, I'd suggest the latter though.
All of this information is in the thread.
Other than that, only becoin can tell you "the truth"(tm) about the LBC project.

Rico

Yay! LBC has it's own "moon hoax" fanclub...

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
curiosity81
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:36:54 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2017, 06:52:47 AM by curiosity81

Since the discussion really bores me, here the computation again, why the project is hopeless and quite useless:

For simplicity suppose, that the moon purely consists of silicium (and not cheese), then we have:

number of atoms in mol:  6.022*10^23
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_%28unit%29)

mol mass of silicium:  28.09 g/mol
(http://www.lenntech.de/pse/elemente/si.htm)

mass of moon: 7.342 *10^22 kg
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon)

Now do the computation (e.g. octave):

Code:
octave:7> mol = 6.022*10^23
mol =    6.0220e+23
octave:8> mol_mass_silicium = 28.09
mol_mass_silicium =  28.090
octave:9> mass_moon = 7.342*10^25
mass_moon =    7.3420e+25
octave:10> mol*mass_moon/mol_mass_silicium
ans =    1.5740e+48

Now compare these 1.5740*10^48  atoms to the 2^160 = 1.4615*10^48 possible addresses.

That is, our friend virtually wants to touch each atom in the moon!

Good luck my friend. But actually I would prefer if you use your time and energy for something more beneficial. For society.

▄▄██▄▄
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄▄

███████▀          ▀███████
████       ▄▄▄▄     ▄█████
████     ███████▄▄██████▀
████     ██████████████
████     ████████▀██████▄
████       ▀▀▀▀     ▀█████
███████▄          ▄███████
  ▀▀██████▄▄  ▄▄██████▀▀
      ▀▀██████████▀▀
          ▀▀██▀▀
COINVEST
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WEBSITE  ●  WHITEPAPER  ●  DEMO
ANN  ●  TELEGRAM  ●  BLOG

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
  ▄████▀▀         ▀▀████▄
 ▄████    ▄▄███▄▄    ████▄
▄████  ▄███▀▀ ▀▀███▄  ████▄
████   ██▌  ▄▄▄  ███   ████
████   ██▌ ▐███████    ████
████   ██▌  ▀▀▀  ███   ████
▀████  ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀  ████▀

▀████    ▀▀███▀▀    ████▀
  ▀████▄▄         ▄▄████▀

▀██████▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
COINTOKEN
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 06:50:46 AM

Since the discussion really bores me, here the computation again, why the project is hopeless and quite useless:
Now compare these 1.5740*10^48  atoms to the 2^160 = 1.4615*10^48 possible addresses.

Good luck my friend. But actually I would prefer if you use your time and energy for something more beneficial. For society.

I am doing something beneficial for society. Like telling you guys you should use your brain and: read, think, understand.

If you would do this and actually read about the project, you'd know - by now - that it is not the 2^160 we want to look at, but 2^136 (maybe 2^135.x - which is currently under consideration) which renders all of your puny computations useless.

Might as well add a computation why the Bumblebee cannot fly.

Rico

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
curiosity81
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 06:58:34 AM

I am doing something beneficial for society. Like telling you guys you should use your brain and: read, think, understand.

If you would do this and actually read about the project, you'd know - by now - that it is not the 2^160 we want to look at, but 2^136 (maybe 2^135.x - which is currently under consideration) which renders all of your puny computations useless.

Might as well add a computation why the Bumblebee cannot fly.

Rico

And why is it 2^136? Did you discover a bug in RIPEMD-160? Is it really true, that, if you map points from 2^256 to 2^160 you end up with 2^136 possibilities? That is, private keys from 2^256 map only to a subspace of 2^160? Please explain it to me and all the other interested readers here. So that we understand. Because this is what a forum is good for.

BTW, you used the term "puny" which is not objective and shows that you are unsure, else you would explain yourself in more detail.

▄▄██▄▄
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄▄

████     ██████████████
  ▀▀██████▄▄  ▄▄██████▀▀
      ▀▀██████████▀▀
          ▀▀██▀▀
COINVEST

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
  ▄████▀▀         ▀▀████▄

▀████▄▄         ▄▄████▀

▀██████▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
COINTOKEN
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 07:06:49 AM

And why is it 2^136? Did you discover a bug in RIPEMD-160? Is it really true, that, if you map points from 2^256 to 2^160 you end up with 2^136 possibilities? Please explain it to me and all the other interested readers here. So that we understand. Because this is what's a forum is good for.

If this discussion really bores you, please imagine how I must feel repeating things over and over again.
What is it at https://lbc.cryptoguru.org/man/theory you possibly can't understand?

We are looking at all addresses with funds on them (quasi-)simultaneously with each key we generate (2 billion per second now) we generate 2 addresses.

I.e. at the moment, we generate 4 billion addresses per second and check each of these against ~ 15 million addresses. Per second.

As you could call all these 15 million addresses a pre-image, in theory, we should be able to look at 159-log2(15M) bits of search space (keys). This resolves to something like 2^135.17 at the moment.

Rico

curiosity81
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:19:38 AM

And why is it 2^136? Did you discover a bug in RIPEMD-160? Is it really true, that, if you map points from 2^256 to 2^160 you end up with 2^136 possibilities? Please explain it to me and all the other interested readers here. So that we understand. Because this is what's a forum is good for.

If this discussion really bores you, please imagine how I must feel repeating things over and over again.
What is it at https://lbc.cryptoguru.org/man/theory you possibly can't understand?

We are looking at all addresses with funds on them (quasi-)simultaneously with each key we generate (2 billion per second now) we generate 2 addresses.

I.e. at the moment, we generate 4 billion addresses per second and check each of these against ~ 15 million addresses. Per second.

As you could call all these 15 million addresses a pre-image, in theory, we should be able to look at 159-log2(15M) bits of search space (keys). This resolves to something like 2^135.17 at the moment.

Rico

Fine, and what about significant funds on addresses? How many are there?

If you consider >= 1 BTC as being significant, than your computation becomes ~2^140. And really big amounts, let's say >= 1000 BTC you get ~2^149. (https://bitinfocharts.com/de/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html)

▄▄██▄▄
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄▄

████     ██████████████
  ▀▀██████▄▄  ▄▄██████▀▀
      ▀▀██████████▀▀
          ▀▀██▀▀
COINVEST

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
  ▄████▀▀         ▀▀████▄

▀████▄▄         ▄▄████▀

▀██████▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
COINTOKEN
curiosity81
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:25:58 AM

And, to put an end to the discussion, from the view of one user, who puts funds on an handful of addresses, the argument with the moon is still valid!

If there are billions of users, each with billions of addresses with founds, this clearly increases the probability for you to find a private key that maps to such an address. But this is trival.

▄▄██▄▄
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄▄

████     ██████████████
  ▀▀██████▄▄  ▄▄██████▀▀
      ▀▀██████████▀▀
          ▀▀██▀▀
COINVEST

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
  ▄████▀▀         ▀▀████▄

▀████▄▄         ▄▄████▀

▀██████▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
COINTOKEN
rico666
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 07:29:17 AM

If you consider >= 1 BTC as being significant, than your computation becomes ~2^140. And really big amounts, let's say >= 1000 BTC you get ~2^149. (https://bitinfocharts.com/de/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html)

My gosh! It's about the collision - not about the fund. If we have a provable collision for an address with 1 Satoshi on it, it's worth more than f*ing 1 BTC.

Actually there are several Bounties for a collision and let only the one I am currently aware of offers 5 BTC or $3000 (depending what's worth more at the time of find).

Also, we're now with the LBC in "unexplored space". Having found #51 of the puzzle transaction with 0.051 BTC on it and #52 - worst case - 11 days away.

Why can't you guys simply understand that this actually is beneficial? It's a math and engineering and community feat. We found already better ways of pubkey generation than what libsecp256k1 offers, we're in public demonstrating where the current "search wavefront" is and what currently is - with some enthusiasm - achievable etc.

I welcome criticism, but the project is not spreading any FUD as Gyrsur stated. Actually I'm reading way more FUD about the project...

Rico

curiosity81
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:32:45 AM

My gosh! It's about the collision - not about the fund. If we have a provable collision for an address with 1 Satoshi on it, it's worth more than f*ing 1 BTC.

Actually there are several Bounties for a collision and let only the one I am currently aware of offers 5 BTC or $3000 (depending what's worth more at the time of find).

Also, we're now with the LBC in "unexplored space". Having found #51 of the puzzle transaction with 0.051 BTC on it and #52 - worst case - 11 days away.

Why can't you guys simply understand that this actually is beneficial? It's a math and engineering and community feat. We found already better ways of pubkey generation than what libsecp256k1 offers, we're in public demonstrating where the current "search wavefront" is and what currently is - with some enthusiasm - achievable etc.

I welcome criticism, but the project is not spreading any FUD as Gyrsur stated. Actually I'm reading way more FUD about the project...

Rico

As I said, it is trivial. It is a prestidigitation to get attention. Do what you have to do.

▄▄██▄▄
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄▄

████     ██████████████
  ▀▀██████▄▄  ▄▄██████▀▀
      ▀▀██████████▀▀