Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:01:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-04-11] Asian Exchanges Employ Most In Crypto Industry  (Read 1307 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 07:17:19 AM

Most full-time employees of the cryptocurrency industry are employed by companies based in Asia-Pacific, followed closely by North America – specifically the US – says a new Global Cryptocurrency Benchmarking Study by the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance that was distributed in Chinese by 8btc.com.

Credit: Garrick Hileman JBS, Cambridge
Credit: Garrick Hileman JBS, Cambridge
The study is the inaugural research focused on alternative payment systems and digital assets and the first of its kind to holistically examine the burgeoning global cryptocurrency industry and its key constituents, which include exchanges, wallets, payments and mining.
The academic research which is supported by Visa notes that at least 1,876 people are working full-time in the cryptocurrency industry, and the actual total figure is likely well above two thousand when large mining organisations and other organizations that did not provide headcount figures are added. It records that Asia have 720 of the total number of employees while North America has 676 while Europe has 346.
http://news.8btc.com/asian-exchanges-employ-most-in-crypto-industry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 04:15:53 PM

Interested and a large number of users may be one of the factors that make this happen, and we can see that a couple big exchange originating from Asia especially China, this stats will still grow day by day.
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 01:57:07 AM

Interested and a large number of users may be one of the factors that make this happen, and we can see that a couple big exchange originating from Asia especially China, this stats will still grow day by day.

With tightening regulation from Asian countries, I am not sure the trend will continue.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 10:56:30 PM

Chinese exchanges are no longer important for Bitcoin as they used to be before the PBOC forced through all kinds of regulations. Right now we are seeing the real face of the top exchanges there, and what becomes awfully clear, is that we all have been trolled big time - it was one big hoax. Their fake volumes were obvious, but the point that it was this bad, is even for me a big surprise. Volumes went straight from a few million traded coins per day, to just a few thousand per day. Result of these regulations aside from the poor volumes, is that people there have been shifting their focus away from the exchanges. People are now looking for alternative ways of obtaining Bitcoin, and one industry that has seen a massive growth directly after these measures, is the peer to peer industry. In that regard, I would put more focus on the growth of the peer to peer market rather than the exchanges there with all their ridiculous regulations.
Cakalasia

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 09:03:28 AM

With tightening regulation from Asian countries, I am not sure the trend will continue.

The Chinese Exchanges will not let you withdraw the bitcoins. So I think most of them will be closed later.
Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 01:34:52 PM

The Chinese Exchanges will not let you withdraw the bitcoins. So I think most of them will be closed later.
If they ever do allow withdrawals again though, it would be reasonable to assume that they would actually have a lot more full-time workers just because the exchanges would be regulated.

A combination of the most regulated possible exchanges and a high volume of trading from Chinese whales would be the two main factors causing Chinese exchanges (and Japanese exchanges, and potentially Indian exchanges  if it isn't completely illegal) to have high numbers of employees and dedication from their staff.

hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 04:39:53 AM

Rumor has it that the withdrawal will be open in July.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: