Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:31:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ► Bitstamp.net sucks ◄ ► They closed my account without any reason ◄  (Read 2919 times)
gluedog

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 07:25:25 AM

Bitstamp.net has decided to close my 4 years old account 100% verified (they have my national ID, driving license, proof of address, bank statement, credit card statement, etc).
I made xxxxx$ transactions in the past without any problem (buy, sell, deposit, withdraw, exchange bitcoin).
A week ago I made a exchange btc to eur (344.59 euro) and requested a withdrawal.
After 7 days they sent me this:

Dear XXX  XXX,

After careful consideration, Bitstamp decided to terminate Your access to Your Account in accordance with our Terms of Use. Your account will be terminated from the date of this notice having been received by you. This notice shall be treated as having been served upon completion of the transmission of this email.

The decision to terminate your Account has been reached following a close examination of your recent account activity and information which you have provided. It is our view that any continuation of our relationship would not be appropriate at this time due to internal policies.

Your account balance will be returned to the bank account specified in your last withdrawal from Bitstamp, costs withheld.

No reason, no explanation, nothing ...
They sent me 319.59 eur to my attached bank account.
They take 25 euro fee ... for a SEPA transfer which normally costs 0.15 euro cents.

Conclusion: Bitstamp sucks!

Well. At least you got your money.

Other people got their accounts locked and their money never returned from other exchanges.

This is why I can't wait for decentralized exchanges where none of these things will be an issue.

Go go go Lightning network Smiley

Billionaire Token - Are you burning to play?
superiorus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 07:29:26 AM

This is why I can't wait for decentralized exchanges where none of these things will be an issue.

Well ... I don't think we will have something like that soon Smiley
The trend is that all transactions be controlled as much as possible (unfortunately).

gluedog

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 02:09:01 AM

Well ... I don't think we will have something like that soon Smiley
The trend is that all transactions be controlled as much as possible (unfortunately).

It will happen sooner than you think Smiley

Billionaire Token - Are you burning to play?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:33:30 AM

I guess it is time for this community to stand up to force all bitcoin related services to maintain their reputation here otherwise this community should suggest not to use those services.
You are coming up with some amazing idea, I guess this forum will work on these very soon. I do foresee that your idea may get popular like how Mitchell's Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns is already doing here.

On the other hand, we cannot expect big companies to keep on responding here in this forum and that is the reason they will be having customer support within their service itself. Still, to make this forum more effective, I guess there will be nothing wrong for those services to hire some executives just for providing support through this forum too.

On that idea of a reporting system it would be popular but the way I see it being implemented would be more like a Red Flag Deals style system where consumers create reports on the services from major carriers and report their experiences dealing with them. Just with dedicated threads we sort of do that already in some threads but on the whole it is an interesting idea.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:57:18 PM

I registered an account on kraken a couple of days ago - I'm going to try that out. But which other possibility does one have to get the his own bitcoins back to cash?

EDIT:
@superiorus
how long did you have to wait for the bank wire?

I think it was completed in 2-3 days.
The problem was that they cancel my initial withdrawal request (which had low fees because it was SEPA - something like 0.15$) and they charge me 25 eur for that final withdrawal.

That is really strange, i created my account at bitstamp also 4 ago as you did and went thru their verification process as everyone else (probably). Since then I haven't had any problem. From time to time I log in and get i reminder that my password is getting old and needs to be change. That's it.

Thanks for pointing this problem out. I you dont mind can I forward this thread to their support, wondering what may say about that? Bitstamp in my prime entrance to crypto world and want to clear that "issue" before I make another deposit.

If this has happened to you, who can say it won't happen to me or to someone else, right?

I am just letting you know guys that my support ticket sent to bitstamp support on 10th May still hasn't been answered. I that ticket among others i pointed out this thread so they would surely know what is the issue. But as said my wonderings stay unanswered.
superiorus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 04:38:50 PM

I registered an account on kraken a couple of days ago - I'm going to try that out. But which other possibility does one have to get the his own bitcoins back to cash?

EDIT:
@superiorus

The problem was that they cancel my initial withdrawal request (which had low fees because it was SEPA - something like 0.15$) and they charge me 25 eur for that final withdrawal.

That is really strange, i created my account at bitstamp also 4 ago as you did and went thru their verification process as everyone else (probably). Since then I haven't had any problem. From time to time I log in and get i reminder that my password is getting old and needs to be change. That's it.

Thanks for pointing this problem out. I you dont mind can I forward this thread to their support, wondering what may say about that? Bitstamp in my prime entrance to crypto world and want to clear that "issue" before I make another deposit.

If this has happened to you, who can say it won't happen to me or to someone else, right?

I am just letting you know guys that my support ticket sent to bitstamp support on 10th May still hasn't been answered. I that ticket among others i pointed out this thread so they would surely know what is the issue. But as said my wonderings stay unanswered.

They should reply until now.
My suggestion: try contacting them again.
In my case the reply was sent after 1-2 days (even if it was negative one).

crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:37:11 AM

EDIT:
@superiorus

They should reply until now.
My suggestion: try contacting them again.
In my case the reply was sent after 1-2 days (even if it was negative one).

I will send them another reply about that issue that is for sure. Its just i don't understand if i were working at their support department I would allow myself having open tickets that long. Will let you know if i get any response from them.
bitstampaccholder

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:22:50 PM

Bitstamp.net has decided to close my 4 years old account 100% verified (they have my national ID, driving license, proof of address, bank statement, credit card statement, etc).
I made xxxxx$ transactions in the past without any problem (buy, sell, deposit, withdraw, exchange bitcoin).
A week ago I made a exchange btc to eur (344.59 euro) and requested a withdrawal.
After 7 days they sent me this:

Dear XXX  XXX,

After careful consideration, Bitstamp decided to terminate Your access to Your Account in accordance with our Terms of Use. Your account will be terminated from the date of this notice having been received by you. This notice shall be treated as having been served upon completion of the transmission of this email.

The decision to terminate your Account has been reached following a close examination of your recent account activity and information which you have provided. It is our view that any continuation of our relationship would not be appropriate at this time due to internal policies.

Your account balance will be returned to the bank account specified in your last withdrawal from Bitstamp, costs withheld.

No reason, no explanation, nothing ...
They sent me 319.59 eur to my attached bank account.
They take 25 euro fee ... for a SEPA transfer which normally costs 0.15 euro cents.

Conclusion: Bitstamp sucks!

I have the same experience, they held my account for more then 10 months. After i responed with a request to enable the withdrawel option. They didnt respond they terminate my account without any explanation. NO mail, NO explanation and NO funds returned. How was it ended in your case?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: