Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:23:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New CharnaCoin #chrc is live  (Read 5254 times)
tnga

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:29:58 PM

Hi, i'm one of the dev on this project. This to say it is not a joke  Grin. Have not worked on first and second launch of the project but with the new relaunching, I hope work done on it will bring to community what they expect for a good cryptocurrency.

That said, node is still on beta stage, a lot of improvements can be done and we are hoping you will help us to solve issues that will occur so that together we bring a great community support for the currency's network.

The project is actually base on cryptonote/monero and come with an awesome GUI wallet adjusted for a better user experience. visit https://charnacoin.com/ for more.

Note: The network depending of community involvement can take time to be stable. We are awaiting for your feedback and contributions.
 Cool Cool Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
epicfailman

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 11:10:51 PM

Hi, i'm one of the dev on this project. This to say it is not a joke  Grin. Have not worked on first and second launch of the project but with the new relaunching, I hope work done on it will bring to community what they expect for a good cryptocurrency.

That said, node is still on beta stage, a lot of improvements can be done and we are hoping you will help us to solve issues that will occur so that together we bring a great community support for the currency's network.

The project is actually base on cryptonote/monero and come with an awesome GUI wallet adjusted for a better user experience. visit https://charnacoin.com/ for more.

Note: The network depending of community involvement can take time to be stable. We are awaiting for your feedback and contributions.
 Cool Cool Cool

...and you have some problems with some lib's, that NEEDED just for launch you binaries. Don't make me cry. Use standart libs plz.
Charnacoind started, but no node is available
tnga

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:48:04 AM

...and you have some problems with some lib's, that NEEDED just for launch you binaries. Don't make me cry. Use standart libs plz.

Grin on monitoring node connections and network establishment. Except exceptions with some node that failed to synchronize, i can say, yes node is available and on the go.

Can you explain us well issue you had with screenshot if possible ?
As you are seems to know what may be done on the code to make it "work well", assuming you are maybe an expert or advised developer, researcher or enthusiast on cryptonote/bitcoin technology, can you be more explicit about "standard library" you are referring that should be used and how it may impact the node to better run ?

This question because as my own community developer who have contributed on many open source projects (few of them were cryptocurrency projects - mostly just for research purpose), don't understand how as you said a missing "standard library" that you mention without indication of it utility can make you "cry" ?

This knowing that, as the developer contributing to the core code, i may said, necessary requirements are actually well included, and a fact to said "use standard library" isn't enough to index as a solution to a potential issue that you didn't give enough information about.

So awaiting to an explicit feedback, thank anyway for your comment.
epicfailman

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:28:38 PM

Grin on monitoring node connections and network establishment. Except exceptions with some node that failed to synchronize, i can say, yes node is available and on the go.

Can you explain us well issue you had with screenshot if possible ?
As you are seems to know what may be done on the code to make it "work well", assuming you are maybe an expert or advised developer, researcher or enthusiast on cryptonote/bitcoin technology, can you be more explicit about "standard library" you are referring that should be used and how it may impact the node to better run ?

This question because as my own community developer who have contributed on many open source projects (few of them were cryptocurrency projects - mostly just for research purpose), don't understand how as you said a missing "standard library" that you mention without indication of it utility can make you "cry" ?

This knowing that, as the developer contributing to the core code, i may said, necessary requirements are actually well included, and a fact to said "use standard library" isn't enough to index as a solution to a potential issue that you didn't give enough information about.

So awaiting to an explicit feedback, thank anyway for your comment.

1. For daemon and wallet launch needs Unbound libs (just for launch, not compile!). It's not error, but for people who want "work from box" it is not good.
2. Daemon was unstable (now problem solved). In logs nothing interesting, what was the problem - i don't know.
3. Now wallet can not sync, error in logs -
2017-05-25 16:21:18.924       7f78d9f95740   INFO    global   contrib/epee/src/mlog.cpp:145   New log categories: *:WARNING,net:FATAL,net.p2p:FATAL,net.cn:FATAL,global:INFO,verify:FATAL,stacktrace:INFO
Height: 1/1 (100.0%) on mainnet, not mining, net hash 0 H/s, v1, up to date, 2(out)+0(in) connections, uptime 0d 0h 1m 59s

Testing in progress...
tnga

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:57:26 PM

1. For daemon and wallet launch needs Unbound libs (just for launch, not compile!). It's not error, but for people who want "work from box" it is not good.
2. Daemon was unstable (now problem solved). In logs nothing interesting, what was the problem - i don't know.
2017-05-25 16:21:18.924       7f78d9f95740   INFO    global   contrib/epee/src/mlog.cpp:145   New log categories: *:WARNING,net:FATAL,net.p2p:FATAL,net.cn:FATAL,global:INFO,verify:FATAL,stacktrace:INFO
Height: 1/1 (100.0%) on mainnet, not mining, net hash 0 H/s, v1, up to date, 2(out)+0(in) connections, uptime 0d 0h 1m 59s

Testing in progress...

Hi, sorry for the delay of this replay. For my defense, illness  Grin Grin Grin.
Coming back to issues you mentioned, the 3rd and first one are related.
Your first remark is pertinent but i have already set a server with unbound configured, for the launch.
The fact is we now occur an issue that make any node through an ip address given by an ISP or that can't directly be resolved by a public dns, to not synchronize.
Then client nodes contact the first nodes on our servers but servers can not ping back to them. This cause a normal time out error to client nodes and result to their incapacity to get synchronized with actual online available nodes.

You seems to have some knowledge about needed prerequisites for daemons to synchronize, and if you are interested, i will be pleased that we can work together to achieve things for a better launching.
newcoindev1

Activity: 281
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 01:28:27 PM

Hi

Our lead tech has fixed the Linux version. However we do seem to encounter and IP blocking and sync issue with Windows still. If you are able to assist with any insight that would be fantastic!
matejbilahora

Activity: 1414
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:14:46 PM

Hey great to see some progress here, this is new version? The old chain is gone?
epicfailman

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:10:03 PM

Something strange with wallet and miner.
I have found some block, but balance = 0

Log -

2017-06-16 00:09:12.585   9132   INFO    global   contrib/epee/src/mlog.cpp:145   New log categories: *:WARNING,net:FATAL,net.p2p:FATAL,net.cn:FATAL,global:INFO,verify:FATAL,stacktrace:INFO
Height: 2208/2208 (100.0%) on mainnet, mining at 4 H/s, net hash 17 H/s, v1, up to date, 3(out)+0(in) connections, uptime 0d 0h 34m 7s

2017-06-16 00:09:17.361   7804   INFO    global   contrib/epee/src/mlog.cpp:145   New log categories: *:WARNING,net:FATAL,net.p2p:FATAL,net.cn:FATAL,global:INFO,verify:FATAL,stacktrace:INFO
Height: 2209/2209 (100.0%) on mainnet, mining at 12 H/s, net hash 17 H/s, v1, up to date, 3(out)+0(in) connections, uptime 0d 0h 34m 12s
matejbilahora

Activity: 1414
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:32:24 AM

Log -

2017-06-16 00:09:12.585   9132   INFO    global   contrib/epee/src/mlog.cpp:145   New log categories: *:WARNING,net:FATAL,net.p2p:FATAL,net.cn:FATAL,global:INFO,verify:FATAL,stacktrace:INFO
Height: 2208/2208 (100.0%) on mainnet, mining at 4 H/s, net hash 17 H/s, v1, up to date, 3(out)+0(in) connections, uptime 0d 0h 34m 7s

2017-06-16 00:09:17.361   7804   INFO    global   contrib/epee/src/mlog.cpp:145   New log categories: *:WARNING,net:FATAL,net.p2p:FATAL,net.cn:FATAL,global:INFO,verify:FATAL,stacktrace:INFO
Height: 2209/2209 (100.0%) on mainnet, mining at 12 H/s, net hash 17 H/s, v1, up to date, 3(out)+0(in) connections, uptime 0d 0h 34m 12s

I do not know but I am mining with windows wallet without any problems.
tnga

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:27:43 AM

Log -

hello, there can be a minor issue with wallet data synchronization at it first initialization.
If you had mining even for an hour, you should have been rewarded (considering actual charnacoin network status).
So your coins are there, your wallet just need to be fully get updated with blockchain. (note: node can be synchronized, but wallet need to be fully updated too).

Therefore you need to restore wallets that occurring the issue (here those you use for mining purpose).
Below are what you have to do:

open your wallet
    go to "settings"
    then choose "Show seed"
    enter your wallet password as will be asking by a prompt
    copy and save passphrase (nmenomic) which are given to you
    "close wallet" form settings
    in the opening window, after have choosing your language, choose the second option "Restore wallet from ..."
    in the other opening window, paste or enter previously saved passphrase (nmenomic)
    give to your wallet a new name (or keep old name but old associated backup files need to be deleted first)
    go to next step and give to a new password (or keep the old one)
    then your wallet will be well updated and you must have good behavior now (expected balance, unlocked amount, ...)
visway

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:45:25 AM

Very handy GUI wallet, on top! I will expect a release, and exchange. COOL! I have already begun to mine, everything is going well. Join Now
tnga

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:47:23 AM

note that GUI is actually in beta stage, node is on stabilizing stage, so fix and changes will come with future versions.

Hope to have more windows and osx maintainers knowing i can not actually assume their support at 100% in time.
tnga

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:58:07 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 11:16:14 AM by tnga

After more stabilization and minor fix, a new channel will be created for charnacoin since this one seems to have started with many disappointment.

new code, new node, new wallet, new network, deserve new topic/channel
tnga

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:10:32 AM

2017-05-25 16:21:18.924       7f78d9f95740   INFO    global   contrib/epee/src/mlog.cpp:145   New log categories: *:WARNING,net:FATAL,net.p2p:FATAL,net.cn:FATAL,global:INFO,verify:FATAL,stacktrace:INFO

Testing in progress...

Hi, sorry for the delay of this replay. For my defense, illness  Grin Grin Grin.
Coming back to issues you mentioned, the 3rd and first one are related.
Your first remark is pertinent but i have already set a server with unbound configured, for the launch.
The fact is we now occur an issue that make any node through an ip address given by an ISP or that can't directly be resolved by a public dns, to not synchronize.
Then client nodes contact the first nodes on our servers but servers can not ping back to them. This cause a normal time out error to client nodes and result to their incapacity to get synchronized with actual online available nodes.

You seems to have some knowledge about needed prerequisites for daemons to synchronize, and if you are interested, i will be pleased that we can work together to achieve things for a better launching.

There were some missing configurations that needed to be set to fix the issue.
One of it i missed which was important, was to indicated to our used and unbound configured servers their dns capability.
That said it is done since. These indications are just for "trace back".
leman24

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:36:37 AM

why you are better than existing Monero or Zcash?
visway

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:45:08 PM

After more stabilization and minor fix, a new channel will be created for charnacoin since this one seems to have started with many disappointment.

It turns out that now there is no sense of mining? Will a new blockchain be created?
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:52:31 PM

I don't understand why users should run a node if there is no reward going with it ? It is like a masternode but without the reward  ?
tnga

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:26:04 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 09:26:08 AM by tnga

Answer to this question is simple or apprehendable when you take a look to currency's specifications or white paper.

Each altcoins that respect works that have been already done in actual cryptocurrency world (thank to bitcoin), take initiative to launch because there is philosophy, new perspectives or better technology in which their believe.
From my research experience and minor contribution to bitcoin and some other altcoins (contributions is not just about code, but can also be support,...), i can say that cryptonote/monero's specifications are really particulars, well thought and implemented.
That's why we are base on it, not just that, one of our perspectives was to experience bitcoin "friendly behavior" with cryptonote technology.
Therefore when you have a vision in which you believe, even if it can create divergent opinions in global community (generally not missing), bring it alive if you have the possibility.

As it can be saw on the charnacoin's code, there is a notable respect of base works. In this case it is how it have to be.
Now the code is planed to evolve, like in the future migrate to a adjusted proof of stake concensus algorithm, which may bring a better perspective with cryptonote.
These as technical stuffs, noting there is also a social vision behind.
visway

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:41:43 PM

Answer to this question is simple or apprehendable when you take a look to currency's specifications or white paper.

Each altcoins that respect works that have been already done in actual cryptocurrency world (thank to bitcoin), take initiative to launch because there is philosophy, new perspectives or better technology in which their believe.
From my research experience and minor contribution to bitcoin and some other altcoins, i can say that cryptonote/monero's specifications are really particulars, well thought and implemented.
That's why we are base on it, not just that, one of our perspectives was to experience bitcoin "friendly behavior" with cryptonote technology.
Therefore when you have a vision in which you believe, even if it can create divergent opinions in global community (generally not missing), bring it alive if you have the possibility.

As it can be saw on the charnacoin's code, there is a notable respect of base works. In this case it is how it have to be.
Now the code is planed to evolve, like in the future migrate to a adjusted proof of stake concensus algorithm, which may bring a better perspective with cryptonote.
These as technical stuffs, noting there is also a social vision behind.

+
I'm adding the implementation of charnacoin, I looked at the code. And it really works. Try to collect the code. It's not even a difference ... the case of immigration. We want to create a charity project based on Cryptonote, but I do not see any reason to rewrite everything, maybe a little work out! Sorry Google translate

tnga

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:51:56 PM

It turns out that now there is no sense of mining? Will a new blockchain be created?

Grin Grin Grin everything is pretty ok actually!
 Cool No there will not be a new blockchain

I was talking about new bitcointalk topic !
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: