Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 03:20:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone please get this to Slush  (Read 519 times)
MrNoSox (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:36:30 PM

I put my miner back online last night after Slush said that stratum.bitcoin.cz was good to go. I didn't even think to check where the DNS was resolving to. After reading some posts this morning I figured I'd better check. What I have is in the image below and I think it's important that Slush be informed. I'm mining through the stratum proxy that Slush provided. If what I'm seeing is correct then I've been providing 700mhash to the hackers for 15 hours.

https://i.imgur.com/p58h2Z0.png
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:39:22 PM

Have quoted you in Slush's thread.

K.
phillyj

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:43:48 PM

Can someone explain what happened?

What's with all this hacker stuff around individual bitcoin users? Is your IP or something being broadcasted as a possible BTC miner so it can be hacked?
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:47:56 PM

Can someone explain what happened?

What's with all this hacker stuff around individual bitcoin users? Is your IP or something being broadcasted as a possible BTC miner so it can be hacked?

No individual was hacked, Slush's pool experienced issues after servers he was using were compromised. The database is down so shares are not stored, however, block solutions are stored so all that keep mining will be rewarded (according to Slush's last statement - and he's been trustworthy since he started his pool).

K.
MrNoSox (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:49:51 PM

Have quoted you in Slush's thread.

K.

Thanks Kruncha!

phillyj, Slush's OVH servers got hacked, not individual miners. He transferred over to EC2 and is trying to get everything back online.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: