Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:13:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Enquiry about current services used in this forum  (Read 702 times)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 05:15:02 PM

Hi
Since it's been a longtime that I've been on this forum,I've seen that many things have changed on here including new standards/guidelines on selling your goods/services.Since one of the guidelines says that you should do your research on what people would want to buy on here,I'm making this thread asking for feedback as to what sells and what doesn't as I'm hoping to sell off a few things (goods and services) as I need to declutter (and give many working items a second life which is good for everyone)

Well can you guys give me any insight on this as I wish to thrive in the BTC world?

Skills/things I can offer:
1.Some writing skills
2.Pro video editing services (as I can work remotely)
3.Tickets since I'm running some of my lotteries again via Bitmit.net this time (as many people raised questions before and the escrow feature will reassure everyone)
4.2 HDDs (one is 80GB SATAII and other one is 300GB EIDE-I know they're old but could still be useful to some people)
5.Selling off film credits for people who wish to say they featured in a film (8 slots left)
6.Case fan (with speed controller/lights kit-Thermaltake orange 80mm fan)
7.Assorted computer parts (More info will come in due course)
8.Mi-Fi (portable 3G hotspot,currently only usable on Three UK network,sold as seen.More on that later)
9.DVI adaptor (to HDMI or Display port,I'll have to check first)
10.Rent out my forum signature for a month and more things will be available in due course.

Please no trolls,only people who are willing to give constructive feedback.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 06:01:21 PM

Please no trolls,only people who are willing to give constructive feedback.

You're in the wrong forum. Actually, the wrong internet. Perhaps even the wrong multiverse.

1.Some writing skills

Don't even try.

2.Pro video editing services (as I can work remotely)

Probably not, but you can sound out interest if you want; "Services" would be the subforum to use.

3.Tickets since I'm running some of my lotteries again via Bitmit.net this time (as many people raised questions before and the escrow feature will reassure everyone)

Please do not cross-post Bitmit links on the forums; that's just spam.

4.2 HDDs (one is 80GB SATAII and other one is 300GB EIDE-I know they're old but could still be useful to some people)

I have a Pentium IV 1.8 GHz lying around somewhere. Definitely useful, that. You could probably find some sucker on Ebay who'll buy these, though.

5.Selling off film credits for people who wish to say they featured in a film (8 slots left)

Don't make me laugh.

6.Case fan (with speed controller/lights kit-Thermaltake orange 80mm fan)

Shipping would cost more than the fan is worth.

7.Assorted computer parts (More info will come in due course)
8.Mi-Fi (portable 3G hotspot,currently only usable on Three UK network,sold as seen.More on that later)

You could probably sell these; use "Computer Hardware" under "Goods".

9.DVI adaptor (to HDMI or Display port,I'll have to check first)

See my response to #6.

10.Rent out my forum signature for a month and more things will be available in due course.

I don't understand why anyone does this. Would you sell your t-shirt real estate to mega-corporations? Besides, if you haven't been too active recently, no one will be interested.

Selling junk computer parts won't cut it. If you want to "thrive", whatever exactly that means to you, you need to innovate. No one can help you do that.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 06:21:16 PM

Well based on your responses,the standards on this forum have definately changed.People are more to the point now and troll less (which is better for me but wil take some getting used to)

I'm aware that not everyone trolls aggressively online which is why I mentioned that.Only this forum seems to have this issue form what I've observed.Since I came back,the issue has calmed down a lot which has convinced me to give this place a second chance (otherwise go back to UK only based sites where numerous laws apply to speech if stuff doesn't work out but hopefully it will.It pays to have a positive attitude)

Writing skills I meant as a response to people who still say they're hiring others to write articles for them,not that I'm offering full time services as a writer as my schedule is too busy to allow this.

Video editing services can be advertised in services.

Didn't realise that this was forum policy for bitmit links so I accept that.

Do you honestly think that people are silly if they only want a working HDD just to install their mining software/OS? The SATAII drive will be useful,the other one not so much (as most people don't use IDE anymore for nearly a decade and only those with really old PCs still use them)

I simply wanted to bring the experience I saw outside BTC into the BTC world,that's all.I thought it was innovative at the time.There is a demand for this,just not from users of BTC for some reason unlike other sites that ask people to buy film credits to crowdfund a film.

Didn't really account for shipping outweighing the fan's value (worth about £9 last time I checked and shipping would be UK only to address shipping costs) so thanks for the tip.

I'll give computer hardware a go for the Mi-Fi and computer parts (question is,is the other stuff worth selling here as eBay always has a buyer for everything.People here are much more selective than that.)

It was my understanding that people were looking for DVI adaptors (guess I didn't realise people were still using DVI to VGA on this forum to create dummy plugs)

I only offer as I know there is demand on this forum,just getting the message out is hard.

I would like to know if I've addressed your points properly.If not,please ask me to elaborate. Smiley

BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:31:31 AM

Well based on your responses,the standards on this forum have definately changed.People are more to the point now and troll less (which is better for me but wil take some getting used to)

Don't make sweeping conclusions on the nature of this forum based on my replies. I'm probably atypical, and generalizing from a singular data source is a horrible idea anyways.

Writing skills I meant as a response to people who still say they're hiring others to write articles for them,not that I'm offering full time services as a writer as my schedule is too busy to allow this.

Trying couldn't hurt, to be sure.

Didn't realise that this was forum policy for bitmit links so I accept that.

It isn't; it's my policy.

Do you honestly think that people are silly if they only want a working HDD just to install their mining software/OS? The SATAII drive will be useful,the other one not so much (as most people don't use IDE anymore for nearly a decade and only those with really old PCs still use them)

The vast majority of miners can use a flash drive for storing the OS. Again, trying couldn't hurt (much), but don't expect miracles.

I simply wanted to bring the experience I saw outside BTC into the BTC world,that's all.I thought it was innovative at the time.There is a demand for this,just not from users of BTC for some reason unlike other sites that ask people to buy film credits to crowdfund a film.

Fair enough, but I agree, you won't find much demand here.

Didn't really account for shipping outweighing the fan's value (worth about £9 last time I checked and shipping would be UK only to address shipping costs) so thanks for the tip.

You Brits get ripped off for computer fans, apparently. If someone will really pay that much, it might be worth it.

I'll give computer hardware a go for the Mi-Fi and computer parts (question is,is the other stuff worth selling here as eBay always has a buyer for everything.People here are much more selective than that.)

It's a gamble. You avoid Ebay's astronomical fees and annoying payment systems, but you give up a lot of potential buyers. I would suggest trying here (or Bitmit) first and moving there as a last resort

It was my understanding that people were looking for DVI adaptors (guess I didn't realise people were still using DVI to VGA on this forum to create dummy plugs)

Dummy plugs are no longer, in many cases, necessary - and new GPU miners are a dying breed. But as with above, if you can find a buyer, what I say matters little.

I would like to know if I've addressed your points properly.If not,please ask me to elaborate. Smiley

As no proper way to address my points ever existed or will exist, you could not have done this. Don't worry about it.

film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 01:53:36 PM

That answers all my questions so far.I'm looking to fund a move and I thought selling off some things would help the move go smoother and give working items a second life to people who want them (not many I'll admit,but there's always that one).

Question now,is how to offer an escrow service to help others on here while charging a small comission as this'll help me speed things up a bit for the move.I'll give more info in due course. Smiley

film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 04:08:21 PM

Also another things occured to me.Since I still have questions to ask,I was looking into selling off debts that people owe me (as I'm owed 5BTC from bad loans on top of more substantial debts in real life due to defaulters and I was hoping the BTC world can offer me advice,solutions or a way to offload these debts)

I may have asked this before (but I can't recall as it was made more than a year ago,that query) but since a lot of things have changed on here,what is the best way to go about this as I need to recoup some of the losses (I understand that debts can only be sold off from 2% to 15% of the debt's value at most according to wikipedia and accepted practice in the financial world).

Is this possible?

Thanks

BinaryMage

Ad astra.

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:52:34 PM

Also another things occured to me.Since I still have questions to ask,I was looking into selling off debts that people owe me (as I'm owed 5BTC from bad loans on top of more substantial debts in real life due to defaulters and I was hoping the BTC world can offer me advice,solutions or a way to offload these debts)

I may have asked this before (but I can't recall as it was made more than a year ago,that query) but since a lot of things have changed on here,what is the best way to go about this as I need to recoup some of the losses (I understand that debts can only be sold off from 2% to 15% of the debt's value at most according to wikipedia and accepted practice in the financial world).

Is this possible?

Thanks

I've got around 2k BTC in bad debt, all completely worthless. It entirely depends on the lender. If you're talking about private debt from an anonymous scammer, don't even bother. A provable account balance on a defunct exchange might or might not be worth something. In any case, don't expect the rules of the "real world" to apply here - identified individuals using fiat currency are far different from internet forum users using bitcoins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: