Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:29:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin also lead to corruption ?  (Read 51202 times)
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:22:45 AM

Everything that has a value can lead into corruption at the expense of the person who has the possession. It is the ideas or actions that where it was used that is corruptible .
It is the responsibility or liability of the users of bitcoin, if he wants to be safe use it in good ways and if not it can be
use for corruption. Not all people are good and most are bad, so we can expect there's plenty of corruption when faster transaction takes place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piececake24

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:43:33 AM

Definitely Yes, it is not Bitcoin but the people handling bitcoin that creates corruption. Greed of money and power will make it corrupt.

All of the medium for transactions doesn't have something to do with bad transactions. But yes we are the ones that are making the decision if we are going to allow and let those mediums specific with bitcoin to use for corruption. Maybe in the future or at this moment there are corrupt people that are thinking about it already.

Government officials or businessman might already studying it now on how they will be able to do it.
Bitcoin is not so well known so I think for now there are still a few politicians who use bitcoin for tools as money launderers or corruption. Or I myself have never heard of it?

Even a normal person can lead the bitcoin into corruption many scam site are showing on the net and a lot of people use their knowledge to take advantage to the newbie on the bitcoin it is also a corruption they take advantage to the weak to get what they want they using dirty tricks to deceive others and that is also corruption even if you are in the government or you are an influence person or not you can be corrupt and you can lead things into corruption
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:19:53 AM

Definitely Yes, it is not Bitcoin but the people handling bitcoin that creates corruption. Greed of money and power will make it corrupt.

All of the medium for transactions doesn't have something to do with bad transactions. But yes we are the ones that are making the decision if we are going to allow and let those mediums specific with bitcoin to use for corruption. Maybe in the future or at this moment there are corrupt people that are thinking about it already.

Government officials or businessman might already studying it now on how they will be able to do it.
Bitcoin is not so well known so I think for now there are still a few politicians who use bitcoin for tools as money launderers or corruption. Or I myself have never heard of it?

Even a normal person can lead the bitcoin into corruption many scam site are showing on the net and a lot of people use their knowledge to take advantage to the newbie on the bitcoin it is also a corruption they take advantage to the weak to get what they want they using dirty tricks to deceive others and that is also corruption even if you are in the government or you are an influence person or not you can be corrupt and you can lead things into corruption

Any money related can really lead to corruption,corruption on its own way ,in any form and terms no matter how big or small that amount it can lead to corrupt when not use properly or with bad intentions.

tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 06:05:02 AM

Either fiat or bitcoin, corruption will always find a way. Any corrupt person will always find a way to launder money via bitcoin easily than even fiat currencies. But whichever way, corruption is corruption as public funds can easily be withdrawn and stashed in farms, homes, etc without being traced and any corrupt person who has been born like that by default can always find a way no matter how the government wants to use bitcoin to curb corruption. Though I've read some articles how bitcoin can be used by government to curb corruption.
Bitcoin, by necessity, has a public ledger of transactions which anyone can see, verify, analyze. Payments by any address to any other address are fully recorded, thus making bitcoin pseudo-anonymous, as opposed to fully anonymous expensive offshore facilities where an estimated 21 trillion dollars is currently hidden. Although steps can be taken to make Bitcoin transactions fully anonymous, they require, in most cases, expertise, with the default position being pseudo-anonymous.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:25:22 PM

Bitcoin is gaining in popularity as a secret currency because it is anonymous. I'm sure there are a lot of people who start studying bitcoin and then they will utilize bitcoin as a method to do corruption
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:28:51 PM

I think we do not need to be hypocritical. Bitcoin has the advantage of making transactions secret and will make your identity invisible. With it will definitely be exploited by corruptors
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:29:17 PM

Bitcoin is the money can be use for anymeans. Like a knife, it can be used to cook or to hurt others. However, the technology behind bitcoin " Blockchain" can minimize corruption if a government work together to make project how to use yearly budget with blockchain. Blockchain tech will record every transaction in a country expense and income correctly and can't be manipulated. Blockchain tech I believe  will minimize corruption.
riphunter

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:43:39 AM

The way that corrupt people view bitcoin as a means of monetary transfer is perfectly reasonable, because this is a non-governmental currency that does not have an organization that has the right to interfere with, so that the state apparatus found it very difficult to control this coin.

Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:09:45 AM

The way that corrupt people view bitcoin as a means of monetary transfer is perfectly reasonable, because this is a non-governmental currency that does not have an organization that has the right to interfere with, so that the state apparatus found it very difficult to control this coin.

For now,it is hard to control and implement but once each coinyry implements it for sure government with corrupt officials will find a way to get profit from it no matter how hard to control it.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:43:56 AM

For now,it is hard to control and implement but once each coinyry implements it for sure government with corrupt officials will find a way to get profit from it no matter how hard to control it.
Even how hard they try to control bitcoin they will not succeed in corrupting unless they got a lot of money. Bitcoin cannot lead to corruption because bitcoin is decentralized and even the government will accept bitcoin, it is still not controllable because the only thing that they can do is to charge some fees when transferring money from outside to inside of their country.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:02:26 AM

Corruption can be happened at anywhere, any time and anyone. In terms of corruption anyone can be involved in this illicit content. So they can use any platform to do this,   bitcoin along with all currency can also be used as a exchange of money,  so every form of currency can lead to corruption. Basically it depends, how the user uses it...
radjie

Activity: 1778
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:42:16 AM

Of course can happen bitcoin can cause people corruption.
Because by knowing bitcoin people who are accustomed to corruption they are very beneficial with the existence of bitcoin from the funds generated by corrupt people can be hidden through this digital money they can more benefit if they save the results of corruption in a long time will progress from the money Generated.
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:30:41 AM

Corruption can be happened at anywhere, any time and anyone. In terms of corruption anyone can be involved in this illicit content. So they can use any platform to do this,   bitcoin along with all currency can also be used as a exchange of money,  so every form of currency can lead to corruption. Basically it depends, how the user uses it...
You're right, I totally agree with you. Corruption can happen everywhere at all times, especially in today's modern society, the phenomenon of corruption is happening more and more. Bitcoin is also a currency, it is quite similar to other currencies, can lead to corruption by anyone, especially the value of BItcoin is increasing, the more likely it is corruption. But I hope that does not happen in the future, otherwise Bitcoin will be badly affected
kayeme

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:16:21 AM

Bitcoin lets u hide corrupt funds but it also lets the person providing the funds ask for accountability, one can ask for explanations for where each part of the funds go to and verify that they were spent as intended.
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:22:37 AM

We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
I don't think so because for me bitcoin could help to change the future of one country especially on improving of thier economy.  I guess there will be a corruption because government can manipulate the money but we know that bitcoin is anonymous so government can control it. Therefore, bitcoin could not lead to corruption.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:55:37 PM

No, Because bitcoin is a digital currency that has transparent transactions. So, I believe and I think that bitcoin cannot be used as a tool for corruption.

asong as it. an be manipulated, it can be prone to corruption. there are whales that have large numbers of btc that can manipulate the movement of btc and if they want to, it can be corrupted. everything can lead to curruption as long as there are powerful people that succumb to greed
Yes there are ways to corruption. Somewhere when I think of the anonymity of the Bitcoin and the crypto system, it is basically the first stage of the corruption that we enter to.

As, we have no idea of whoever is involved and using the Bitcoin or the Alts and for what purpose are they actually being used. For many of the people it is a platform where they can easily accommodate their black money in the bitcoin.
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:06:37 PM

We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
I don't think so because for me bitcoin could help to change the future of one country especially on improving of thier economy.  I guess there will be a corruption because government can manipulate the money but we know that bitcoin is anonymous so government can control it. Therefore, bitcoin could not lead to corruption.
Corruption begins from government level,when bitcoin was not there people/government employees were still hiding their money in privacy protected bank.now bitcoin has gained a lot of attention and thanks to its anonymous nature ,it has become a major asset in hiding black money.
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:44:08 PM

well doing corruption does not depend on the bitcoin as it is an anonymous currency or illegal currency, i think it depends on the people's mentality, when bitcoin was not founded it didn't mean that people were involve in corruption, corruption and money laundering depend on people they can do it either with fiats or anything else, but i will say that use bitcoin for legal activities may be the govt legalize it.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:57:36 PM

I believe anything that has value can lead to corruption.  It depends on the person's morality.  If the person is more aligned in doing evil things no matter what he is using, greed will take over and thus make the person minds corrupt.  Aside from that since the nature of bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous plus the mixer service, officials can be tempted to accept bitcoin as a bribe.
uusgila

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:05:21 PM

It is truly verging on silly to claim that a general advance is because of some administration mediation. By and by, I keep to the conclusion that the best an administration can do is not to ruin excessively or meddle too profound with the advancement of society. As such, they can exacerbate things awfully yet they can barely improve them a great deal. It resembles today's excavators, while many if not every one of them might be pleasant folks independently, however together, as a framework, they are as rebel and heartless as some other entrepreneur out there never going to budge on sucking in benefits
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: