Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:23:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ready!] 2017 Second Edition Keyois Capsules with tungsten rings available now  (Read 1142 times)
aolley (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 01:36:08 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 04:06:59 AM by aolley

Hidely Ho everyone!

I'd like to announce that Keyois.com has created a second edition 'cold hard storage' bitcapsule that will be available in the next few weeks. has released the 2017 capsule, the second edition.

What's new in the second edition you ask? This:

• The key and address are engraved on Tungsten rings
  • They are sealed in with red silicone o-rings
  • More streamlined exterior
  • They will be numbered with a their creation number engraved on the inside of the inner tungsten ring
  • Slightly longer screws to increase strength

In addition I've had a few end pieces cast out of sterling silver and bronze, I will possible sell a few of these but be warned they cost a lot to have made for such tiny objects. The silver end pieces are around 22g each (44g total per capsule) and nearly $50/piece (US) to have made. As such any capsule made with the silver end pieces would cost about $200, the bronze ~$140 per capsule. Let me know if you have any interest in this or if you think you might in the future.

See the silver and bronze pieces at https://imgur.com/a/riYHJ.

And finally since so many people seem to like to collect these types of these I will make a few capsules that are not encrypted and are all self contained, similar to many other coins that the buyer can fund if they want

edit: to be more clear

the second edition capsules will have 6061 Al end pieces, and tungsten rings
For special order I can have made the end pieces out of Ag or bronze but the cost is pretty much doubled

See my cold hard storage device at: Keyois.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:24:41 AM

Very nice, can I reserve the first one?

BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 02:33:47 AM

Want one NOW!

Me 😀

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 07:28:34 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 10:27:36 AM by chronicsky

Awesome!

So the second version have three right?
Tungsten
Silver
Bronze

Any discount for returning customer and if we buy all 3 ?

PM details pls

EDIT : i wil take #3 and #4
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:33:56 AM

Can I reserve #2 or the lowest available please.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:39:33 AM

Thanks!
Well, I don't suppose why not so sure. I'll let you know when I am ready for production which I will have time for in about a month so look for a PM thenish.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:44:44 AM

Awesome!

Tungsten
Silver
Bronze

PM details pls

Hey there,

The second edition will have rings made of tungsten instead of titanium, but the end pieces will still be aliuminium unless you want to special order the silver or bonze cast pieces. The cast pieces cost more and due to the nature of casting I doubt they would hold pressure the same as the machined al ones so I can't be sure they will be water-tight yet. I think I can also get red or white bronze, but I'm not sure if I want to. Powder coating the Al pieces has worked before but that's not as much fun.

I will still have the silver, gold, ruby, sapphire, tourmaile, and quartz centerpeices for sale that can go with any endpiece set.

Let me know if you have any questions.
I can reserve you #'s 3 & 4, it'll be a few weeks but I'll PM you

aolley (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:46:52 AM

Hello, lowest available at this time is #8, not a bad number, I will hold it for  you, I'll PM you in a few weeks when production is more ready!

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 01:40:56 AM

I always like these type of bitcoin physical storage, a little bit like Kialara - a piece of art.

Think I may have to look into purchasing one this time.
Shipping to Australia price?

Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:02:19 AM

Hello, lowest available at this time is #8, not a bad number, I will hold it for  you, I'll PM you in a few weeks when production is more ready!

Quick question, is it .999 fine silver that the centerpiece is made of?

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:42:58 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2017, 02:59:36 AM by digicoinuser

Thanks!
Well, I don't suppose why not so sure. I'll let you know when I am ready for production which I will have time for in about a month so look for a PM thenish.

Awesome, will do!  Thanks again and I'd be looking at the silver or bronze end caps most likely.

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 04:16:33 AM

Awesome!

Tungsten
Silver
Bronze

PM details pls

Hey there,

The second edition will have rings made of tungsten instead of titanium, but the end pieces will still be aliuminium unless you want to special order the silver or bonze cast pieces. The cast pieces cost more and due to the nature of casting I doubt they would hold pressure the same as the machined al ones so I can't be sure they will be water-tight yet. I think I can also get red or white bronze, but I'm not sure if I want to. Powder coating the Al pieces has worked before but that's not as much fun.

I will still have the silver, gold, ruby, sapphire, tourmaile, and quartz centerpeices for sale that can go with any endpiece set.

Let me know if you have any questions.
I can reserve you #'s 3 & 4, it'll be a few weeks but I'll PM you

Hi,

I'm not interested in one that are not as good as they should be or are not water proof

I will stay with the best quality product you make and if you have it in silver as well or any other i will take it! (not gold though)
I will wait for your PM , #3 and #4 it is Smiley
Thanks
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 06:26:38 PM

Initially I wanted to buy the first product, and there were even some lucrative offers to do so. The idea is rather unique and gathers attention due to the scarcity of non-coin collectibles in the premium range. The second offering of Keyois is a product of seemingly great potential. However, there is a major downside to this company.

As far as I've been recently informed, Keyois is in support of the contentious attack on the Bitcoin network also known as Bitcoin Unlimited (also known by the BTU abbreviation in the case of a fork). It is both disappointing and shameful to see someone to support this attempted hostile centralization of the Bitcoin network. I am thereby never going to touch another product from Keyois.  Furthermore, I am going to highly advise all of my closer colleagues to stay away from this company and its products. Anyone who came here for the right reasons (one of which are permissionlessness and decentralization) will not support any company working against it.

Have a nice day.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5928

Meh.

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:38:28 PM

Initially I wanted to buy the first product, and there were even some lucrative offers to do so. The idea is rather unique and gathers attention due to the scarcity of non-coin collectibles in the premium range. The second offering of Keyois is a product of seemingly great potential. However, there is a major downside to this company.

As far as I've been recently informed, Keyois is in support of the contentious attack on the Bitcoin network also known as Bitcoin Unlimited (also known by the BTU abbreviation in the case of a fork). It is both disappointing and shameful to see someone to support this attempted hostile centralization of the Bitcoin network. I am thereby never going to touch another product from Keyois.  Furthermore, I am going to highly advise all of my closer colleagues to stay away from this company and its products. Anyone who came here for the right reasons (one of which are permissionlessness and decentralization) will not support any company working against it.

Have a nice day.

I'm going to second this. To me it's pretty shameful to be in the position you are in and to then make those decisions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just got a bit sad when I heard the news as I like the product.

-Hhampuz

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 06:50:13 PM

Have a nice day.

I'm going to second this. To me it's pretty shameful to be in the position you are in and to then make those decisions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just got a bit sad when I heard the news as I like the product.

-Hhampuz

I didn't had an idea that keyois is supporting BTU

I'll pass on these, i dont think anyone here would like to buy products of someone supporting BTU

hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:16:00 PM

I think people are entitled to their own opinions regarding the block size, however with regard to Bitcoin Unlimited or BTU, I would have to agree that it appears to be a coordinated attack on the network by a group that does not have bitcoin's best interests at heart.

Changing the protocol rules to push a contentious hard fork and implement a new consensus mechanism which is poorly coded, tested, and governed is extremely reckless.  The fact that it has garnered the support is has leads many in the developer community to believe this is either a malicious attack, or is being pushed as a way for a certain subset of miners to stall Segwit and prevent a change to the block headers which would remove a certain covert, competitive advantage.  The advantage that Segwit removes would put all miners on a level playing field. Instead, by opposing Segwit, a certain ASIC chip manufacturer may continue to threaten the very decentralization the bitcoin relies upon by cornering the market on mining hardware and forcing their competitors into bankruptcy.  This competitive advantage misaligns the incentives of miners employing the advantage to put short term profits over the long term health of the network. In summary, it's a bug that needs to be fixed.   

Keyois as a company has staked their name and reputation as one of the very few companies opposed to Segwit and promoting BU. Source: https://coin.dance/poli

I have no reason to believe Keyois is associated with those who are purposely stalling segwit, but out of 140 bitcoin companies surveyed, only 7 oppose Segwit. Out of these 7 companies that oppose Segwit, very few appear to employ engineers or developers who are actively working with the protocol.  The vast majority of developers, engineers, cryptographers, and qualified individuals who live and breathe bitcoin unanimously agree that Segwit as a soft fork is the logical path forward for bitcoin to scale safely. 

Unfortunately for Keyois, he has went so far as to fan the flames of the debate by parroting the dangers of Segwit and pushing the reckless emergent consensus attack on the network. As your customer, I feel the need to say that you are wrong, and I am glad to see others doing the same. 

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 09:40:27 PM

This is sorry to see. no offense here - everyone has there own opinion and you going with BTU was yours.

But am not sure you been in bitcoin long enough , even i haven't been in it long enough.

we follow bitcoin for a reason and what they are trying to do is change the whole thing.

Now you go saying keyois supports BTU with what company you just may have started.

I love your work man but i do not like to support btu and buying your stuff is like endorsing it!

Thanks for the details hybridsole

aolley (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:01:55 PM

FYI everyone:

Tungsten rings are here, so second edition Keyois Capsules are coming soon, only 50 to be made.

The second edition capsules come numbered and are available with either with the buyer-supplied BIP38 encrypted SK and address or with a regular P2SKH SK & address that I will securely make. There are also new centerpiece options coming soon.

---

*edit, to those replying in a completely off topic way, please some some reproducible and demonstrable evidence to back your viewpoint and you'll get a lot further with your attempts at convincing other to your own opinion.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 08:10:28 AM

*edit, to those replying in a completely off topic way, please some some reproducible and demonstrable evidence to back your viewpoint and you'll get a lot further with your attempts at convincing other to your own opinion.
Our posts are definitely not off-topic. This is a product from Keyois, and comments regarding the actions of Keyois are very relevant. It seems that you are spamming pretty much everyone from a pre-defined list of people who "showed interest", even though I have been completely against your product. Let me repeat myself one more time: I will not be buying anything from a BU supporting company and will tell everyone else to stay away from such companies. I have put you on PM-ignore to avoid more unwanted reservation of products PMs.

Case closed.
~Lauda

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:42:54 AM

This is a very poor attitude to take, you should remember that you do not run bitcointalk and it is an open discussion board. Customers have brought up a point, which you have specifically tied to Keyois in a blog post and now you are hiding instead of justifying your reasoning. I don't know much about this BTU/Segwit detail, but I can see someone dodging important questions a mile away.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████