Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:14:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smartphones are vital to bitcoin growth  (Read 5886 times)
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:50:34 PM

Smartphone is really a big help especially to a lot of people who are busy with their jobs, their smartphone will be their bridge to people, paying bills, talking to them, making deals or having a meeting with them, there is a lot of things a smartphone can do. I don't know exactly the date when smartphone is used to pay but I do remember that watching on a television advertisement. I hope the problem with the bitcoin transactions can be now solved so there will be no waiting after purchasing an item. 
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:03:15 PM

More and more people are using smartphones thanks to budget friendly mid-rangers, almost anyone can now afford to buy a smartphone.

Mobile payment is becoming more common and it is an opportunity to acquaint people more into using bitcoin . Mobile payment will eventually replace credit cards or at least will make them less mainstream. An example  of this is Apple Pay. Bitcoin smartphone wallet  apps are to use when you have a transaction, you just scan a qr code and the transaction is done though will take some time to be confirmed.

Smart phones will help facilitate Bitcoin transactions and trading and makes using Bitcoin relatively easy. Without them I don't think brick and mortar businesses would be able to accept Bitcoin as payment. It's vital to growing that niche for Bitcoin.
staceyoh

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:11:57 PM

Yeah I agree, smartphones is widely
used all around the world. And when
we use mobile payments using bitcoin
it will definitely help bitcoin get more popularize.
Harry Callahan

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:17:07 PM

except that Apple Pay doesn't cost you $1 every time you use it and doesn't take 10+ minutes (or possibly hours) for your payment to process.... what merchant is going to let you walk out of a shop with $20 worth of goods hoping the payment will go through sometime in the next hour or so?
On the other hand, Apple Pay is also centralised and doesn't provide even pseudo anonymity.
Bitcoin is fast moving away from being a viable solution for every day payments toward being useful only as a method of storing wealth. It is likely to get even further away in the future as block rewards get halved and transaction fees increase even more.
The days of shifting bitcoins around for pennies are long gone... unless you want to wait.
Even for bitcoin transaction you need not shell out $1 for every transaction, hope there will be lightning network in the future and i do not consider bitcoin as a currency that can be used on a daily basis instead i do consider it as an asset class with other capabilities if there are changes in the transaction speed then i might change my views.
achain

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 11:19:22 PM

except that Apple Pay doesn't cost you $1 every time you use it and doesn't take 10+ minutes (or possibly hours) for your payment to process.... what merchant is going to let you walk out of a shop with $20 worth of goods hoping the payment will go through sometime in the next hour or so?
On the other hand, Apple Pay is also centralised and doesn't provide even pseudo anonymity.
Bitcoin is fast moving away from being a viable solution for every day payments toward being useful only as a method of storing wealth. It is likely to get even further away in the future as block rewards get halved and transaction fees increase even more.
The days of shifting bitcoins around for pennies are long gone... unless you want to wait.
Even for bitcoin transaction you need not shell out $1 for every transaction, hope there will be lightning network in the future and i do not consider bitcoin as a currency that can be used on a daily basis instead i do consider it as an asset class with other capabilities if there are changes in the transaction speed then i might change my views.
Agree, bitcoin is not currency: it is investment.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:32:14 PM

Make more secure wallets more viable and actually useful for mobile platforms that can't be modified at all by devs and then you have something that becomes a little bit more viable. Even then, most phones aren't really built to have the entire blockchain downloaded on their hardware.

It is possible to make Bitcoin a lot bigger through smartphones, but the technicalities of it are going to make it an interesting challenge for anyone who cares.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:33:17 PM

I will have to agree, nowadays more people using smartphone than using laptop, because it is more efficient, now we can access the trading site using smartphone, we can do payment using smart phone, we can know the updated news using smartphone and still so many thing that we can do using smartphone, so smartphone really help bitcoin to growth

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:47:34 PM

More and more people are using smartphones thanks to budget friendly mid-rangers, almost anyone can now afford to buy a smartphone.

Mobile payment is becoming more common and it is an opportunity to acquaint people more into using bitcoin . Mobile payment will eventually replace credit cards or at least will make them less mainstream. An example  of this is Apple Pay. Bitcoin smartphone wallet  apps are to use when you have a transaction, you just scan a qr code and the transaction is done though will take some time to be confirmed.

Smartphones indeed are a very important part of bitcoin.

It is so easy to scan a QR code and then voila, sending a transaction is literally as easy as pressing "send".

The beauty of bitcoin is that you can literally use it on any platform because the implementation is so easy, as the source code is open source. But smartphones are easy to carry around, making it easier for people to make transactions everywhere.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:59:16 PM

but in fact the majority is not able to afford the blockchain itself, so the alternate client will help growing the bitcoin growth without the problem of loading the blockchain. the original bitcoin wallet is almost a nightmare to me as i will have to download all the blockchain data IIRC.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:10:59 AM

I would agree and even focus on the next logical step: integration with the personal assistants on smartphones. Alexa + bitcoin = Win.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:41:29 AM

Mobile payment is becoming more common and it is an opportunity to acquaint people more into using bitcoin . Mobile payment will eventually replace credit cards or at least will make them less mainstream. An example  of this is Apple Pay. Bitcoin smartphone wallet  apps are to use when you have a transaction, you just scan a qr code and the transaction is done though will take some time to be confirmed.

Smartphones indeed are a very important part of bitcoin.

It is so easy to scan a QR code and then voila, sending a transaction is literally as easy as pressing "send".

The beauty of bitcoin is that you can literally use it on any platform because the implementation is so easy, as the source code is open source. But smartphones are easy to carry around, making it easier for people to make transactions everywhere.

I totally forgot.about the convenience of qrc codes and smart devices. It's a small PITA to use a webcam to scan a qrc, which are notoriously low resolution (for the rim mounted laptop.versions at least). Most semi decent smart phones have a more than passable camera attached; given the annoyance that a bitcoin address is, any bitcoin device someone is going to use practically.is.going to need a camera and a screen.

Two birds, one stone.
bulldogtattoo

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:55:41 AM

Mobile payment is becoming more common and it is an opportunity to acquaint people more into using bitcoin . Mobile payment will eventually replace credit cards or at least will make them less mainstream. An example  of this is Apple Pay. Bitcoin smartphone wallet  apps are to use when you have a transaction, you just scan a qr code and the transaction is done though will take some time to be confirmed.

[/ <a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com"> Guadagna gratis bitcoin </a>
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:03:15 AM

except that Apple Pay doesn't cost you $1 every time you use it and doesn't take 10+ minutes (or possibly hours) for your payment to process.... what merchant is going to let you walk out of a shop with $20 worth of goods hoping the payment will go through sometime in the next hour or so? On the other hand, Apple Pay is also centralized and doesn't provide even pseudo anonymity. Bitcoin is fast moving away from being a viable solution for every day payments toward being useful only as a method of storing wealth. It is likely to get even further away in the future as block rewards get halved and transaction fees increase even more. The days of shifting bitcoins around for pennies are long gone... unless you want to wait.

This is the biggest problem that Bitcoin is right now facing. This delay of transactions can cost Bitcoin a big chunk of its potential. Hopefully, the whole Bitcoin community can soon find an acceptable solution for this scaling problem. Right now, there is a raging disagreement among Bitcoin's technical people as how to solve this problem. It is because both sides are also bringing their own business interest and even greediness to the table. They should talk as one and come up with a viable solution. The more this problem is delayed the more that Bitcoin can lost its hard-to-establish momentum.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:25:24 AM

except that Apple Pay doesn't cost you $1 every time you use it and doesn't take 10+ minutes (or possibly hours) for your payment to process.... what merchant is going to let you walk out of a shop with $20 worth of goods hoping the payment will go through sometime in the next hour or so? On the other hand, Apple Pay is also centralized and doesn't provide even pseudo anonymity. Bitcoin is fast moving away from being a viable solution for every day payments toward being useful only as a method of storing wealth. It is likely to get even further away in the future as block rewards get halved and transaction fees increase even more. The days of shifting bitcoins around for pennies are long gone... unless you want to wait.

This is the biggest problem that Bitcoin is right now facing. This delay of transactions can cost Bitcoin a big chunk of its potential. Hopefully, the whole Bitcoin community can soon find an acceptable solution for this scaling problem. Right now, there is a raging disagreement among Bitcoin's technical people as how to solve this problem. It is because both sides are also bringing their own business interest and even greediness to the table. They should talk as one and come up with a viable solution. The more this problem is delayed the more that Bitcoin can lost its hard-to-establish momentum.
I agree and I hope they get to agree on a solution already that would benefit the whole system and not their own greedy asses. Some of them are really proposing a system that will only benefit themselves. That is the most common problem in the human societies. That is why progress is hindered.
mylabs01

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:37:30 AM

Yes, and the operating system of smartphone will be more vital to bitcoin growth is android
because the numbers of users more large than iPhone Apple
and bitcoin payment method Will be more popular on android than iPhone Apple
 although it will needs long time for happening because the bitcoin is still not famous.

yes, more users are using android phone because there are so many affordable android phones in the market compared it to the price of iPhones.

to op, i agree to him that smart phones are vital in bitcoin growth particularly if you want someone to use bitcoin. bitcoin can be so accessible for them if one have smartphone.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
PDATA
TOKEN
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
H
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 02:56:30 AM

I agree I do not have data on the percentage on how many smartphone users are using it to buy using bitcoin payment gateway but yeah in the future we will see many more bitcoin users using smartphone more than the traditional way of trading bitcoin,Bitcoin is very nuch into any upcoming technology in fact a lot of applications are built for bitcoin.

MissGrey

Activity: 201
Merit: 194

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:24:10 AM

Yes, indeed I like very much the mobile apps about Bitcoin because they are very easy to use and minimalist, well designed and very comfortable.Not everything has been invented and I have the hope that there are geniuses who in the future will create things much more ingenious than those of now.  
roomfirst

Activity: 516

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:46:57 AM

It's a good idea though. People around the world always have a smartphone and if bitcoin upgrade their wallet for mobile, i'm sure many people will start using mobile payment. So they don't need to bring their wallet to pay. Actually mobile payment is really good inovation though, everyear our technology always update and upgrade and mobile payment is really suit on that.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:03:17 AM

Mobile payments are becoming more popular, that is true, and I'm sure that there is a place for bitcoins also. Mobile wallets are very handy and convenient but there is still the problem with number of merchants that accept bitcoins that are not so easy to find so for now bitcoin debit card stays the most reliable way you can spend your coins.

malaj
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:27:17 AM

I would agree.

But not just smartphones, but phones in general.

People, are able to use even non-smartphones in rural areas because they don't have internet access. They can send a text message to a service that allows them to do bitcoin transactions without internet access, and then the service provider sends the bitcoin for them.

Phones are just so much more portable now than laptops or PCs.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: