Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:47:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Large bitcoin fee issue  (Read 3018 times)
imawriter (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:03:46 AM

Hello there i need help and advice.I have 3.75th/s mining contract in Genesis Mining and they pay me about 0.001btc per day and send me daily directly to my blockchain wallet.Slowly my amount in blockchain wallet reached 0.03btc from that and when i wanted to transfer them some there,it asked me a fee of about 0.008btc for that.It says we have to join all those small payments that are recieved daily and thats why that much high fee.
And when i was selecting lower fees it said my transaction my never get confirmed.And paying that much fees is a big loss for me.
I just wanted to hold those bitcoin in my wallet but like that if my amount reaches 1btc like that some day then it will ask me a fee of 0.3btc from that.What should i do how can i save myself from paying that large amount of fee.As genesis mining will keep sending smaller amounts daily

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:02:02 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 09:19:39 AM by timerland

Hello there i need help and advice.I have 3.75th/s mining contract in Genesis Mining and they pay me about 0.001btc per day and send me daily directly to my blockchain wallet.Slowly my amount in blockchain wallet reached 0.03btc from that and when i wanted to transfer them some there,it asked me a fee of about 0.008btc for that.It says we have to join all those small payments that are recieved daily and thats why that much high fee.
And when i was selecting lower fees it said my transaction my never get confirmed.And paying that much fees is a big loss for me.
I just wanted to hold those bitcoin in my wallet but like that if my amount reaches 1btc like that some day then it will ask me a fee of 0.3btc from that.What should i do how can i save myself from paying that large amount of fee.As genesis mining will keep sending smaller amounts daily
First, you should not think that you will collect 1 bitcoin over time from Genesis because many times it was prooved that they are scamming their customers.

Also, the fees amount depends on the number of transactions made on your wallet, if your btc is made of thousands of transactions, you will pay higher fee which is obvious.

If you still can change your address at genesis, then make yourself a desktop wallet. You won't have to pay such a big fees probably as at blockchain.com, many of my friends have reported different problems with it so I would just choose some other wallet.

Smiley
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4505

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:08:10 PM

. . . What should i do how can i save myself from paying that large amount of fee? . . .

Stop using a bad service that makes tiny worthless payments to your wallet.  If Genesis won't let you switch to 0.007 BTC per week or 0.0304375 BTC per month, then stop using Genesis.  Probably stop using Genesis anyhow, since they are probably a scam.

You could try sending with a smaller fee.  It might take a very long time to confirm, but if you aren't in a hurry it might work.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 06:58:35 PM

It usually happen when you have to much inputs.

You can do this:

Send transaction and pay at least 10000 satoshi fee.
Than go here https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ and enter txID.

Wait. It will be confirmed when they mine next block Wink

edit close topic thank me later
imawriter (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:01:31 AM

Thank you all for this useful info and surely i will now take some of your tips and find a way,may be change of wallet or switching over from genesis mining.
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:58:12 AM

When you have an account on an exchange, you could let Genesis Mining send the payments to your wallet on that exchange (Coinbase / Poloniex / Kraken etc.). Most exchanges don't asks fees for bitcoin deposits, and cover part of the transfer fee for withdrawals.

When you have other coins also, let Genesis Mining pay out in Dogecoin / Dash / Litecoin or another coin. Transfer fees are much lower for those coins.

When you want to sell your Genesis Mining account, I may be interested. I've bought quite a few accounts from disappointed owners. If you want to do this, please send me a PM with details from your contract so I can make you an offer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: