Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:28:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ⚫️ BLOCKPOOL - Real World B2B Blockchain Solutions ⚫️  (Read 72453 times)
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:34:35 PM

scam dev and it is going to be a scam coin using ark name.

Now that is just funny, given we have partnered with the ARK developers and will be sharing features with each others chains in the future.

Dont mind the idiot  Roll Eyes

This looks like a solid project. But an interesting question is what exactly has allowed both your projects to partner with each other? I'm curious to know since you're both doing similar things? Or is this Blockchain a niche that will do something ARK cannot? Thanks for your time.

Great question!  Our focus isn't solely around the Blockchain but how best to use it.  ARK Provides a perfect clean slate to work off of since they removed the LISK smart contracts which in their current iteration are a mess.  My understanding is the newest version of smart contracts from LISK are cleaner.  Our plan is to add them back in once LISK gets them ready.  Then the real fun begins. 

Most Blockchain startups focus just on the Blockchain.  They use it as a catch-all.  Years down the road, this is going to cause problems for chains and their adoption.  Our plan is to create a Data Agnostic Platform to do all the hard work routing data from one plugin to another.  Only inputting data into the chain when permanent data retention is an absolute requirement. 

Our platform will also facilitate connections between legacy systems and their respective databases.  In many cases companies are locked into legacy software for various different reasons and while Blockchains may help them, in many cases they don't solve the problem the companies face.  They don't replace software like SalesForce but they can play a major role in that replacement.

A few use cases we have come up with for our Blockchain and Platform.

A YouTube Competitor.  Using our Blockchain and platform, we can create a decentralized youtube, which allows fans to host video files for their favorite content creators and receive payment for it. 

Art Auctions.  As of right now Art is one of the hardest items to track.  It can pass from one person to another without word ever reaching the copyright holder.  We are working with a company to fix this utilizing our Blockchain and platform.  We would connect up their auction sites, utilizing smart contracts on the chain and our decentralized file hosting plugin, we would be able to link certificates of authenticity old and new to valid purchases.  This would play a huge role in decreasing blackmarket sales.

Music hosting and streaming services.  We plan on upgrading Aurovine and Audiocoin to utilize our new platform and chain.  We will be able to move away from centralized cloud hosting and rely on the vast swath of data space that fans usually have.  Fans would receive payment for hosting audio files and music videos purchased on the Aurovine site.

Those are just a few of the use cases that we have come up with.  I'm positive there are way more that we have yet to think of as well.

Regards,
locohammerhead

Thanks for the thorough response. I appreciate it. So when you mention these usecases are you building them yourselves or looking to partner with a potential digital currency entrepreneur who has the business development but needs a blockchain like BlockPool? For instance the YouTube competitor? Let me know if this question makes sense.
locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:14:17 AM

scam dev and it is going to be a scam coin using ark name.

Now that is just funny, given we have partnered with the ARK developers and will be sharing features with each others chains in the future.

Dont mind the idiot  Roll Eyes

This looks like a solid project. But an interesting question is what exactly has allowed both your projects to partner with each other? I'm curious to know since you're both doing similar things? Or is this Blockchain a niche that will do something ARK cannot? Thanks for your time.

Great question!  Our focus isn't solely around the Blockchain but how best to use it.  ARK Provides a perfect clean slate to work off of since they removed the LISK smart contracts which in their current iteration are a mess.  My understanding is the newest version of smart contracts from LISK are cleaner.  Our plan is to add them back in once LISK gets them ready.  Then the real fun begins. 

Most Blockchain startups focus just on the Blockchain.  They use it as a catch-all.  Years down the road, this is going to cause problems for chains and their adoption.  Our plan is to create a Data Agnostic Platform to do all the hard work routing data from one plugin to another.  Only inputting data into the chain when permanent data retention is an absolute requirement. 

Our platform will also facilitate connections between legacy systems and their respective databases.  In many cases companies are locked into legacy software for various different reasons and while Blockchains may help them, in many cases they don't solve the problem the companies face.  They don't replace software like SalesForce but they can play a major role in that replacement.

A few use cases we have come up with for our Blockchain and Platform.

A YouTube Competitor.  Using our Blockchain and platform, we can create a decentralized youtube, which allows fans to host video files for their favorite content creators and receive payment for it. 

Art Auctions.  As of right now Art is one of the hardest items to track.  It can pass from one person to another without word ever reaching the copyright holder.  We are working with a company to fix this utilizing our Blockchain and platform.  We would connect up their auction sites, utilizing smart contracts on the chain and our decentralized file hosting plugin, we would be able to link certificates of authenticity old and new to valid purchases.  This would play a huge role in decreasing blackmarket sales.

Music hosting and streaming services.  We plan on upgrading Aurovine and Audiocoin to utilize our new platform and chain.  We will be able to move away from centralized cloud hosting and rely on the vast swath of data space that fans usually have.  Fans would receive payment for hosting audio files and music videos purchased on the Aurovine site.

Those are just a few of the use cases that we have come up with.  I'm positive there are way more that we have yet to think of as well.

Regards,
locohammerhead

Thanks for the thorough response. I appreciate it. So when you mention these usecases are you building them yourselves or looking to partner with a potential digital currency entrepreneur who has the business development but needs a blockchain like BlockPool? For instance the YouTube competitor? Let me know if this question makes sense.

Most we plan on building ourselves.  We are already working on one use case for BuzzBike https://medium.com/blockpool/blockpool-brands-poc-8f699c627607
As of right now we don't have plans to build the youtube competitor (although I personally would like to do so, or at least see someone else do it using our platform and plugins).  However if we progress with development fast enough I wouldn't toss it out as a possibility since it does fall well within our realm.
If someone wanted to partner with us to get this built we would be more than happy to enter into talks about it and to lend support where we can.

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:36:43 AM

Nice to see new batch of users joining Slack.

joosep

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:33:51 AM

But can we delegate our tokens somehow to the nodes to stake or must we be ourselves always node with big string bag of tokens?
BoldNinja

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:08:23 PM

Really looking forward to this - looks like a lot of great ideas floating around in here.

hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:30:06 PM

Really looking forward to this - looks like a lot of great ideas floating around in here.

Me too, I just heard about blockpool over the weekend and I've already picked up some audiocoin for when the ICO goes live.

Speaking of which, I just posted on the audiocoin thread as I am having problems syncing my wallet:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151767.msg18624178#msg18624178

I figured I'd inquire here as well since the audiocoin thread doesn't get as much traffic.

Looking forward to the ICO!
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:36:44 PM

LOL Buzzbike is the same concept as MAPC COIN which uses google maps to automatically find services / businesses that accept their token in a given location and point u to that place. Here u go: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1158633 Fucking LOL. The same goes for buzzbike which utilizes google maps to find bikes of a certain brand around ur location. What a fucken dumbassery. Cheesus christ if I were in ur shoes I would make a two-page smart contract coin instead.
locohammerhead

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:20:35 PM

But can we delegate our tokens somehow to the nodes to stake or must we be ourselves always node with big string bag of tokens?

We want to make this fair to everybody the best we can.  So we plan on setting top 201 wallets as delegates but since we need a stable network in order to make everything function properly we will be adding in some PC and Network speed requirements in order to qualify to be a node.

locohammerhead

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:29:53 PM

LOL Buzzbike is the same concept as MAPC COIN which uses google maps to automatically find services / businesses that accept their token in a given location and point u to that place. Here u go: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1158633 Fucking LOL. The same goes for buzzbike which utilizes google maps to find bikes of a certain brand around ur location. What a fucken dumbassery. Cheesus christ if I were in ur shoes I would make a two-page smart contract coin instead.

Hello,

You can view our partners website here: https://www.buzzbike.london/.  Read up on what BuzzBike is and you will see while there may be a few crossing lines but overall the services are totally different.  Mapcoin is supposed to pay people for going to specific locations.  That's not what the BuzzBike PoC is at all.  BuzzBike provides free mini cooper inspired bikes with advertisements on them.  People get to keep the bikes by riding them around london, a very congested city.  BuzzBike approached us looking for a way they could pay their riders on the go.  This is still in the very early stages of development and a lot isn't implemented yet. We plan on making this into a mobile app so the riders can see their earnings in real time.

Regards,
locohammerhead

roony

Activity: 196

Did you see the roonies on him???

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:36:44 PM

At first I thought this is a scam, but on closer look, seems like the real deal.  But is this gonna be an ICO? How do we get tokens?

Don't be rude, stop staring at my brows.
locohammerhead

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:39:16 PM

Me too, I just heard about blockpool over the weekend and I've already picked up some audiocoin for when the ICO goes live.

Speaking of which, I just posted on the audiocoin thread as I am having problems syncing my wallet:

I figured I'd inquire here as well since the audiocoin thread doesn't get as much traffic.

Glad to have you on board hypershire.  I replied to your question in the ADC thread FYI.

locohammerhead

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:41:41 PM

At first I thought this is a scam, but on closer look, seems like the real deal.  But is this gonna be an ICO? How do we get tokens?

Hello,

The Token Exchange Campaign works a lot in the same way as an ICO.  Tokens will be released when the mainnet goes live around July of this year.

Regards,
locohammerhead

Block_303

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:49:39 PM

Read the OP.
This means I can participate in this TEC with AudioCoin at a rate of 100sat per 1 ADC?
Because the price currently is 40sat per ADC or so: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ADC_BTC
Why is it fixed at 100sat?

locohammerhead

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:53:01 PM

Read the OP.
This means I can participate in this TEC with AudioCoin at a rate of 100sat per 1 ADC?
Because the price currently is 40sat per ADC or so: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ADC_BTC

That is correct.  Our hope is by showing our confidence in ADC you will return the favor by showing confidence in BPL tokens. We wanted to give back to ADC holders who have been with us since 2014.

Block_303

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:02:45 PM

Read the OP.

That is correct.  Our hope is by showing our confidence in ADC you will return the favor by showing confidence in BPL tokens. We wanted to give back to ADC holders who have been with us since 2014.

Thanks for your answer.
Looks like a win-win situation for both, the ADC holders and the new project.
Sounds interesting.

Liven

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:57:48 PM

What is the maximum number of tokens, is there inflation..?
bifabu.com

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 12:52:01 AM

Listed https://www.ico-list.com/index.php?m=Index&a=detail&id=143

hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:18:22 AM

Glad to have you on board hypershire.  I replied to your question in the ADC thread FYI.

Thanks loco, I'm all synced up now. Let's get this party started  Grin
Mang Li

Activity: 327

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 02:41:03 AM

look like this one is promissing project with a good idea
- Real world B2B Blockchain Solutions -

good luck

davide72
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 10:47:12 AM

promising project sent you pm about italian translationd dev thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: