Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:37:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ⚫️ BLOCKPOOL - Real World B2B Blockchain Solutions ⚫️  (Read 72435 times)
00johnston00

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:55:44 PM

Why are you holding an illiquid token then?

Your answer is in your question.  If there is no liquidity, how can you sell?

You should've sold it long ago, going by your logic.

It's not quite as simple as "just sell it" when dealing with large numbers.

We're not exaggerating when we say there is virtually zero volume/interest in Blockpool right now...and the vast majority of the volume that does exist are large account holders offloading.  This is not my opinion.  This is factually quantifiable by looking at trading volume.

There are only 5BTC worth of >$0.01 buy orders on the books, as I type this.  That means if you, me, or anyone wanted to take $50,000 worth of BPL profit right now a small amount by crypto standards, that market sell would crash Blockpool's price to one penny.  Literally.

That exact situation has already happened twice this week...

Look at Blockpool's 1W chart:
https://imgur.com/a/PyVHd

You see long stretches of doji candles where literally nobody is trading BPL.  The volume spikes circled in red coincide with flash crashes.  These are large account holders dumping; but since BPL is illiquid, and there weren't (and still aren't) enough buyers on the books wanting to buy BPL for more than a penny, a single whale flash crashed the market to a penny.
One penny.
And that was only a portion of his stack.

Now we're competing against each other to sell hundreds of thousands of BPL on an illiquid market.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hoop
Legendary

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 07:13:02 PM

Now we're competing against each other to sell hundreds of thousands of BPL on an illiquid market.
[/center]
Your point is clear, what you able to do now? in my opinion hold till blockpool be listed at others exchanges and have volume.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
00johnston00

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:32:52 PM

Your point is clear, what you able to do now?

Continue to motivate Blockpool to get their shit marketing together.  Projects with pure vaporware have better news cycles (and liquidity) than this nonsense.
StealthCoin1

Activity: 498
Merit: 252

Life failures Stealthcoin, Ark coin and Safemoon

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:55:16 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2017, 01:46:04 AM by StealthCoin1

what blockpool really need is a reward system like ark, 1 or 2 bpl per block to delegate and if possible the 5% or 3% to the token. this would also make blockpool the first platform to reward per block plus the percent to token holder. also add to additional exchange is a must. if blockpool have these objects in placed you will seeing it shoot through the roof! marketing not going to do much good if you don't have much exciting reward and hype from the team themself.
right now everything is very discouraging and the network don't look safe or even serious, blockpool network is full of dead nodes and blockpool genesis nodes, even it already included some people have 5 to 10 nodes each. they even stupid enough to make it a 201 nodes platform instead of just 21 seen it don't give much reward and have any competition to run/keep the node up.

Stealthcoin, Ark and Safemoon my life 3 investment failures while bashing Ethereum at 0.20cent. Bye bye
musicmeetstheblockchain (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Blockchain Applications For The Real World

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 09:00:13 AM

what blockpool really need is a reward system like ark, 1 or 2 bpl per block to delegate and if possible the 5% or 3% to the token. this would also make blockpool the first platform to reward per block plus the percent to token holder. also add to additional exchange is a must. if blockpool have these objects in placed you will seeing it shoot through the roof! marketing not going to do much good if you don't have much exciting reward and hype from the team themself.
right now everything is very discouraging and the network don't look safe or even serious, blockpool network is full of dead nodes and blockpool genesis nodes, even it already included some people have 5 to 10 nodes each. they even stupid enough to make it a 201 nodes platform instead of just 21 seen it don't give much reward and have any competition to run/keep the node up.

Our business model is designed to reward existing delegates using a queuing system for each new sidechain that comes online.
The advantage of being a delegate now will bear much more fruit medium term.

Unlike many projects in Crypto we have a solid business plan that should ensure longevity over the coming years.

All the decisions around the specification were carefully thought through and have solid business reasons. Several pools have started taking advantage of the potential long term gains who i'm assuming researched the project thoroughly.

As ever, do your own research before deciding on your plans.

theblockpoolbeard

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:34:08 AM

Hi there,

We have been pushing weekly bullet point update lists onto our Discord but for those of you who aren't there, please see below.

I will be here at least once a week, and normally on a Monday or a Tuesday, with a brief summary of progress that week, and flags of things to expect shortly.

- we have taken on two extra part time devs to help us in both supporting existing code bases (mainly BiT and myBlockpool) and also as we look to implement new plugins for BiT, like IPFS.
- our pipeline of projects is very strong, multiple tens of opportunities being tracked in our sales software. these are all still covered under NDA but some are moving very fast so watch this space.
- we have another project ready to sign, should be confirmed by the end of the week, when a full press release will be provided
- as a development team we have been focusing on resiliency and resolving the issue we discovered regarding our use of accounts within BTC-descendent wallets. We have a solution that is going through testing and will report as soon as it is deployed
- we are making progress on improving our node software as it is central to our business to keep our delegates happy and allow us to roll out new features with minimum interuption
- our design team are working to unify all our offerings in terms of branding
- we are hoping that our sidechains will be ready sometime Q1 2018 and by ready I mean - in use by 3rd parties

Additionally there are release notes that are published on https://my.blockpool.io/support which are updated automatically whenever we do a deployment.

Cheers
00johnston00

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 10:45:51 AM

Our business model is designed to reward existing delegates using a queuing system for each new sidechain that comes online.

How are they rewarded using a queuing system?

The advantage of being a delegate now will bear much more fruit medium term.

Tell us how?

All the decisions around the specification were carefully thought through and have solid business reasons.

What are the solid business reasons?

Several pools have started taking advantage of the potential long term gains who i'm assuming researched the project thoroughly.

How could they have researched information that doesn't exist?  Blockpool's whitepaper is only 8 pages, 2 of which only have images of colored circles.

As ever, do your own research before deciding on your plans.

Roll Eyes

@StealthCoin1 was quite thorough in structuring his question/critique with numbers, anecdotes, and technicals.  The answers given are much like the current Blockpool whitepaper: conceptual, vague, and non-technical.  Will there be a technical whitepaper any time soon to address this?  
theblockpoolbeard

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:42:01 PM

Hi there 00,

Regarding your first question that is part of our IP that we are developing. As you have had explained to you before we have no intention of revealing details about our IP to anyone; you have accepted this before so please bear that in mind. Once we are ready to reveal these type of details (if ever) then they will be revealed via our usual channels which include this thread.

Regarding your second question that is answered by what you queried in your first question.

Regarding your third question that is also answered by what you queried in your first question.

Regarding your fourth question the white paper is only one of many sources of information about Blockpool. For example we demonstrated a solid example of BiT integration with Bjork; this demonstrates that we have already shipped to market and not just "potential" market but actual solid use with real people. The quality of businesses who have beaten a path to our door over the past few months (and soon we'll be able to talk names but as my update above makes clear, NDAs are still in force) shows that intelligent business people see the potential. It's a shame that you are unable to join them.

Regarding your final point I think that was Ken being encouraging towards people to make their own minds up. Ken had replied to each specific point with clarity. So the final instruction is "don't just take my word for it - please feel free to research.

Criticism is welcome. Your continued trolling is not. You make inaccurate statements (for example suggesting that we do not support BPL within BiT and myBlockpool - this is a direct lie) and expect to be taken seriously? It does make one wonder why you are so fixated on Blockpool and why you are so determined to be so unrelentingly negative about us.

We have done everything we promised to do (other than being late listing on an exchange, which we did do and we have more to report on that front soon hopefully) and have shipped real live software to real live companies and being used right now by real live people within six months of the TEC completing; not many coins are able to boast such a record.

We are not "just another coin" and our business is not predicated on the arbitrary value of BPL but on delivery of superb solutions to amazing companies and people. The rewards for this are slightly slower coming, for sure, but they are far longer lived and rewarding over the medium to long term.

Cheers
Damage_Dealer

Activity: 331
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:42:27 PM

Hi there 00,

Regarding your first question that is part of our IP that we are developing. As you have had explained to you before we have no intention of revealing details about our IP to anyone; you have accepted this before so please bear that in mind. Once we are ready to reveal these type of details (if ever) then they will be revealed via our usual channels which include this thread.

Regarding your second question that is answered by what you queried in your first question.

Regarding your third question that is also answered by what you queried in your first question.

Regarding your fourth question the white paper is only one of many sources of information about Blockpool. For example we demonstrated a solid example of BiT integration with Bjork; this demonstrates that we have already shipped to market and not just "potential" market but actual solid use with real people. The quality of businesses who have beaten a path to our door over the past few months (and soon we'll be able to talk names but as my update above makes clear, NDAs are still in force) shows that intelligent business people see the potential. It's a shame that you are unable to join them.

Regarding your final point I think that was Ken being encouraging towards people to make their own minds up. Ken had replied to each specific point with clarity. So the final instruction is "don't just take my word for it - please feel free to research.

Criticism is welcome. Your continued trolling is not. You make inaccurate statements (for example suggesting that we do not support BPL within BiT and myBlockpool - this is a direct lie) and expect to be taken seriously? It does make one wonder why you are so fixated on Blockpool and why you are so determined to be so unrelentingly negative about us.

We have done everything we promised to do (other than being late listing on an exchange, which we did do and we have more to report on that front soon hopefully) and have shipped real live software to real live companies and being used right now by real live people within six months of the TEC completing; not many coins are able to boast such a record.

We are not "just another coin" and our business is not predicated on the arbitrary value of BPL but on delivery of superb solutions to amazing companies and people. The rewards for this are slightly slower coming, for sure, but they are far longer lived and rewarding over the medium to long term.

Cheers

Greetings theblockpoolbeard,

I understand you are not specifying any new exchanges that you are going to be listed on, but could you at least give a hint whether it's going to be a major one (ie, large trading volume)?
00johnston00

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:05:27 PM

Hi there 00,

So every answer reverts to "we can't tell you b/c it's closed-source".  On a decentralized blockchain.  Ironically noted.

Criticism is welcome. Your continued trolling is not. You make inaccurate statements (for example suggesting that we do not support BPL within BiT and myBlockpool - this is a direct lie) and expect to be taken seriously?

Shame on you for putting words in my mouth, Andrew.  I suggested that the API you created for Bjork does not utilize the BPL blockchain in any fashion.  Before you continue painting people as liars, let's talk about it.

Please explain the utility BPL, the token itself, has within your Bjork API deliverable.  Were crypto payments on Bjork's website processed on Blockpool's blockchain?  Audiocoin's blockchain?  Or were they processed with a standalone proprietary API created by BPL devs, who are being paid full-time salaries on funds raised in BPL's token sale?

I could very well be wrong.  Please prove me so.
00johnston00

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:24:20 PM

I understand you are not specifying any new exchanges that you are going to be listed on, but could you at least give a hint whether it's going to be a major one (ie, large trading volume)?

BPL will cannot be listed on larger exchanges because the token is a revenue sharing security.  The Blockpool team has said that BPL has passed the Howey Test, but I don't see how that's possible when page 5 of Blockpool's Token Exchange Campaign Prospectus https://blockpool.io/docs/BP_ICO_A.pdf states:

https://imgur.com/a/fjmWD

Revenue share is profit that comes from an investment outside of the investor's control; a security, by definition.
theblockpoolbeard

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:53:55 PM

Hi there again 00.

I said "by what you queried in your first question" not "by my answer to your first question". Please be more careful reading before replying; that way you will not come across so misguidedly argumentative.

We took payment for Bjork via ADC, BTC, DASH and LTC. BPL's chain came online too late to make the cut for our testing and verification of the plugin. We were very clear about this at the time. BPL is fully supported within BiT and via the web wallet at https://my.blockpool.io.

BiT is technology wholly owned by Blockpool; I have no idea what you are insinuating in your final comment? A software company developing the software it promised in its white paper? Why would I try to prove you wrong?

Regarding your second, incorrect, post we have been told by our accountants that the Howey Test has been passed. I'm not an accountant, maybe you are and know more than they do?

As I observed above your continued negative campaign against all things Blockpool is baffling; maybe you can explain why you put so much of your time and effort into attacking our progress?
theblockpoolbeard

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:11:54 PM

Hi there @Damage_Dealer we are talking to a number; the problem with the biggest exchanges is that they are 100% buy on and this is not a good use of our investment; we are focused, as I've said, on a long term and sustainable business model and to spend a huge proportion of our available funds getting listed on an exchange does not support that path.

As Ken explained, and I expanded upon afterwards, our business model is designed for medium to long term benefit, not just to create a coin and get listed on exchanges which I do understand is what some vapourware coins may do. We are committed to the long haul.
00johnston00

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:57:15 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 12:48:09 AM by 00johnston00

Regarding your second, incorrect, post we have been told by our accountants that the Howey Test has been passed. I'm not an accountant, maybe you are and know more than they do?

I am incorrect because your accountant told you that promising investors a 5% annual dividend of company revenue does not classify itself as a security?  For your own legal sake, you should educate yourself and find a second opinion.  This is Securities & Exchange 101.  The team should be consulting securities attorneys, not their accountants.
johntradez

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:56:13 PM

I think I have to agree with those that say owning BPL counts as security. If you are directly giving out profits to token holders, that sounds exactly like paying out dividends to stockholders.

I think a way to get around this is a token buy-back program. The project team buys back the tokens and then burns them, effectively increasing the value of all tokens in circulation. This might still count as a security but if not, it is a work around that could help if Blockpool struggles with legal issues.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 01:54:42 AM

BPL will cannot be listed on larger exchanges because the token is a revenue sharing security.  The Blockpool team has said that BPL has passed the Howey Test, but I don't see how that's possible when page 5 of Blockpool's Token Exchange Campaign Prospectus https://blockpool.io/docs/BP_ICO_A.pdf states:

Revenue share is profit that comes from an investment outside of the investor's control; a security, by definition.

There are a lot of coin that has revenue sharing plan attach to the coin like Bitconnectcoin and regal coin but they are on big exchange, so why not blockpool price is very low from it's original ico price we need more exchange and marketing for this coin I still believe this is a great coin to neglect.

theblockpoolbeard

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:24:53 AM

what is new here anyways

Hey,

In the dev team we're working to get a new release done for BiT and myBlockpool which resolves a few defects we've picked up ourselves, provides a more resilient service for our customers moving forwards, and also begins to bring more functionality and utility to the web wallet. We are also confirmed to have BPL listed at another exchange next week.

As a business we're working very hard at the moment with talks with multiple clients who are very keen on taking advantage of BiT and the sidechain/smart contract work which is being done; we're close to signing a done deal with one, and a few more are in late stages of negotiations. These B2B deals will be announced as soon as we can via this thread and also on our discord.

Regarding the legal queries mentioned above we take our responsibility very seriously and take all professional advice that is necessary on all these issues. All I can relay (as I'm not an expert) is what our expert advisers tell us.
00johnston00

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:53:26 PM

There are a lot of coin that has revenue sharing plan attach to the coin like Bitconnectcoin and regal coin but they are on big exchange.

BitConnect and RegalCoin are not traded on major exchanges.  Their top volume is on BCC Exchange and Coin Exchange.  Find one revenue-sharing coin (read: a security, by definition) that is listed on a legitimate top 5 exchange (Bitfinex, Bittrex, Binance, etc.).  You can't.  Because these exchanges clearly state that they will not list security (revenue-sharing) tokens in order to maintain SEC compliance.  Do your own research here:

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000798731-Regarding-the-recent-SEC-Digital-Asset-Investigative-Report

BPL is a security.
  Full stop.  Blockpool spells this out in black & white in their "Details of Token Exchange Campaign":

https://imgur.com/a/uJ4VM

There is no other way to interpret this.  Blockpool is not legally viable in the United States under SEC regulations.

locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:01:46 PM

Official Announcement!!!

Blockpool is to be listed on COSS.io next week!!!

Sidechain creation is complete and tested successfully.  The nodes come up automatically as expected and chain height increases as expected.  

Currently we can deploy a sidechain with any setting we would like within predetermined limits.  We are cleaning up the code and integrating it into the BiT Platform.  

Next steps are the delegate rotation, Genesis Masterchain Smart Contract and Genesis Sidechain Smart Contracts.

cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 04:32:04 PM

Official Announcement!!!

Blockpool is to be listed on COSS.io next week!!!

Sidechain creation is complete and tested successfully.  The nodes come up automatically as expected and chain height increases as expected.  

Currently we can deploy a sidechain with any setting we would like within predetermined limits.  We are cleaning up the code and integrating it into the BiT Platform.  

Next steps are the delegate rotation, Genesis Masterchain Smart Contract and Genesis Sidechain Smart Contracts.

Okay so that's a good news. As for Blockpool  not legally viable in the United States under SEC regulations, I would have to wait for your responce again about this. This jhonston had raise a good point about it, do clear our minds about it.

To be honest, I didn't read the entire whitepaper but only the goodness of the project. This revenue sharing is also something good that people will thought of buying more BPL.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: