Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:21:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Allinvain $500,000 theft & Black Friday related? CIA / Banker Attacks?  (Read 19569 times)
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:15:26 AM

I agree with Cypherdoc.  Grin

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jatajuta

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:20:26 AM

All of our history since Rome is on money supply manipulation, bitcoin is the most dangerous project ever for the established powers.

I'm not an expert on computers and the first thing i was concerned after the bitcoin value get over $5 is on how to protect my wallet.

Is possible for a person who is geek/nerd enough to discover bitcoins and understand the concept of mining and on the same time leave $500k unsecured and get robbed?

The next step after have some bitcoins is securing them, its obvious, how a person who is 1 YEAR on the forum and have a fortune on his wallet doesnt even consider that?

Stop looking for stupid childish conspiracies..there aren't any.

Your right, there's no conspiracy theory, is based on facts so is a true fact that the government and bankers just wanna rape out the world and are doing a great job as far as i know.

Im sorry but i smell a rat also, a big fucking FED rat.

If you wanna discuss based on arguments why the government and bankers are pillaging everything just open a thread and I'll flood you with facts, documentaries and articles proving that point.

The time for people being manipulated through false flag attacks are over, welcome to the open source economy, the revolution will began and bankers will finally be stripped from their power to manipulate and leech society because we have the most powerful weapon against them now.

For everyone who wanna help me on my mew startup I'll create a toilet paper factory with dollar bills.  Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tymothy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:27:12 AM

Allinvain being a setup is plausible, but come on, what requires it to be some conspiracy? A simple market manipulator looking to cash in on some panic could have set the whole thing up. Let's be honest, no one expects a single instance of theft to cripple a whole currency, just to cause a few ripples. Occam's Razor people.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:27:29 AM

I'm sorry AllinVain, but when someone says these two sentences in the same paragraph, it's like someone talking out of both sides of their mouth at the same time.

"P.S Yes they were mined almost since the start." &  "Later on when difficulty increased I decided to get into mining, and hence I joined the discussions."

Can you explain speaking two opposite sentences in one paragraph?   Roll Eyes

lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:29:47 AM

I think it is somewhat irrelevant at this point to speculate.

Fact of the matter is, there are glaring security holes in bitcoin, we know this, people are working on them.
Fact of the matter is, there are ways to be more secure and less secure with coins, we know this, we are trying to get the word out.
Fact of the matter is, there will be attempts to discredit any cryptographic effort by the govt and others.

Other than that, if this was real, then the authorities are already involved. If the authorities are involved, word will come out. It won't be a private investigation, both because it will be novel and newsworthy and because they will likely have to contact the developers and the exchanges, etc to even know what the hell a block chain is. So I suggest everyone hold onto their hats, tinfoil and otherwise, and wait for some actual evidence. In the meantime, it does no good to attack allinvain, because you are either being extremely cruel (if it is true), kicking someone when they are down, or you are simply adding to the FUD and drama and paranoia without accomplishing anything (if it isn't true).

---

I certainly don't think you can psychoanalyze someone from a few forum posts though and to to ascertain their emotional state, nor can you predict people's reactions to losing large sums of unrealized money. I watched a lot of people lose a lot of paper money during the dot com crash - granted not under criminal circumstances, but under circumstances where one year they were a pizza eating nerd coding in a cubicle, a year later they were technically worth millions of dollars and a year later were worth nothing again, and some of them were psychologically totally unruffled and some are still haunted by it.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:30:29 AM

notice how all the doomers and gloomers suddenly appeared in wave after wave after the fall in price?  newbies with less than 10 posts flooded the forums with post after post about how the sky was falling.  some of these pricks were extremely vociferous with swearing and pronouncements of btc bubbles.  

now notice how quickly these same folks have disappeared?  

and finally, notice the sudden ramp in price tonite from 13 to 17?
lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:30:54 AM

and i would also agree, if it is false, it is much more likely to be someone(s) that want to shake a fragile market to make some money than the black helicopter crew.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:32:51 AM

Allinvain being a setup is plausible, but come on, what requires it to be some conspiracy? A simple market manipulator looking to cash in on some panic could have set the whole thing up. Let's be honest, no one expects a single instance of theft to cripple a whole currency, just to cause a few ripples. Occam's Razor people.

I think CIA or bankers because who else would have the funds to buy up $25,000 bitcoins then dump them, and be able to afford it without blinking. Not that there is any potential loss involved, but the fact that you have to have that kind of money to start with. Even if the coins were at .25 when he bought them, it's still about $6000 invested in order to make money on something you have no real idea will ever be worth much more. As soon as they were worth $1.00 it would have cost them about $25,000 to acquire that many. I don;t think any early miner could bring in that many bitcoins in a couple years, even with the mining computers around in the beginning when CPUs were the thing at the time. Just My opinion, though.

So, I propose the CIA or bankers bought them as they went up in price, in order to create a fake "theft", because the 25,000 coin transfer did actually take place, after all.

I also agree with a lot of what you say, lemonginger.

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:36:59 AM

wow..just wow..you people have issues..this is a perfect example of what is so messed up with frequent forum posters..they suspect some grand conspiracies...

This post is pure garbage..

@JackRabiit - it was a tad bit more than 25K...did you see the screenshot??! I don't know why they did not take the whole amount. My only guess is that they had this wallet from when I had just 25K in there. I moved a portion fo the total 26K funds to the address belonging to bitcoinexpress site I was trying to develop..and then later on I moved the remaining funds back into my windows wallet..so they most likely did not have the new keys..

@Clipse - I came here hoping that someone from the exchanges or one of the developers would notice and help me figure out a way to track the funds..reading the chain block and keeping an eye on the funds is beyond me. I needed someone to write some sort of automated tool. I could not solve this on my own sadly. That's why I posted here. I regret doing so now seeing as how all I've noticed is people attacking me and accusing me.

@bitrebel - while your conspiracy theories may be valid for something else in this case they're big fail..nothing of what you assert is true. Not even one bit. Let me just say that I forgive you in advance when eventually I will be vindicated.

P.S Yes they were mined almost since the start. Also I registered on the forum but did not join the discussion because at the time I was not sure about bitcoin's future and I guess I wasn't all that serious about it. I did not wish to join the discussions also because I had nothing to contribute. Later on when difficulty increased I decided to get into mining, and hence I joined the discussions. If you notice before this event most of my posts were in the mining section of the forum.

Quoted for posterity.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:39:11 AM

I certainly don't think you can psychoanalyze someone from a few forum posts though and to to ascertain their emotional state, nor can you predict people's reactions to losing large sums of unrealized money.

ah, but right here in the forum one can go over ALL his posts:

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?action=profile;u=198;sa=showPosts

and i have read alot of them and i have to agree something isn't quite right esp. beginning around 12 h before the supposed 25K btc heist.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:40:27 AM

AllinVain.....

Why was bitcoinexchange registered "privately"?

I'm considering opening up a legal exchange here in the US. I registered a couple of names and I didn't do it privately. I thought about it, but realized immediately it would lead to mistrust.

So, i'm wondering, if you expected people to deposit money with you, and they would know who you are, obviously, why did you go through the trouble of registering bitcoinexchange.com privately?

Maybe you would care to share your identity with us. It's not like it could hurt you very much, at this time. Unless you have good reason. Please share.

I think it will be both funny and suspicious when the Newspaper headlines read "Bitcoin owner, loses $500,000 in anonymous currency, but we cannot interview him, as he wishes to remain anonymous".

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:43:23 AM

wow..just wow..you people have issues..this is a perfect example of what is so messed up with frequent forum posters..they suspect some grand conspiracies...

@JackRabiit - it was a tad bit more than 25K...did you see the screenshot??! I don't know why they did not take the whole amount. My only guess is that they had this wallet from when I had just 25K in there. I moved a portion fo the total 26K funds to the address belonging to bitcoinexpress site I was trying to develop..and then later on I moved the remaining funds back into my windows wallet..so they most likely did not have the new keys..

@Clipse - I came here hoping that someone from the exchanges or one of the developers would notice and help me figure out a way to track the funds..reading the chain block and keeping an eye on the funds is beyond me. I needed someone to write some sort of automated tool. I could not solve this on my own sadly. That's why I posted here. I regret doing so now seeing as how all I've noticed is people attacking me and accusing me.

@bitrebel - while your conspiracy theories may be valid for something else in this case they're big fail..nothing of what you assert is true. Not even one bit. Let me just say that I forgive you in advance when eventually I will be vindicated.

P.S Yes they were mined almost since the start. Also I registered on the forum but did not join the discussion because at the time I was not sure about bitcoin's future and I guess I wasn't all that serious about it. I did not wish to join the discussions also because I had nothing to contribute. Later on when difficulty increased I decided to get into mining, and hence I joined the discussions. If you notice before this event most of my posts were in the mining section of the forum.

Quoted for posterity.

thats great.  i'm sorry but i have to pt out the obvious; notice all the inconsistencies?
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:49:04 AM

Quoted for posterity.

thats great.  i'm sorry but i have to pt out the obvious; notice all the inconsistencies?

Yea like "I was not that serious about it" & "the bitcoinexpress site I was going to start" in the same post reply. When in fact, he joined the forum at the same exact time, he registered the exchange name. Within 1 day!!!

Travis

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:53:26 AM

"THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING BITCOINS!!1"

bitrebel and his scooby-doo crew of internet conspiracy experts are on the case, and they are here to logically deduce what happened without the need of facts or evidence.

Why would he let someone steal all of his Bitcoins? Why? Why did he not appear to be more sad in his post? Its just too fishy..

Wouldn't a super l33t and powerful organization like the CIA want to perform psyops such as this that are only temporarily effective at best, instead of simply using brute force and power to pull the plug on bitcoin? Oh definitely. So with this compelling case in mind, anyone who suggests that perhaps he just fucked up, must be on the payroll of the CIA. This story is too convenient a defense of bitcoin for it to not be true.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:57:38 AM

I also propose, that the CIA are not inviting anyone to speak to them about bitcoin because they are interested and they do not know about it. That's a propaganda campaign in and of itself.

Anyone who believes that is foolish, at the very least, if not stupid.

The CIA knew about bitcoin from the moment it hit the internet. That's their JOB!!!

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 03:59:57 AM

On first read I think that Allinvain, was stupid.  However I do not think that this is hoax or the CIA.

We have NO evidence to link any of this to the CIA (or any other government or non government organization).

If Allinvain had indeed lost 25K BTC, he would be in a very fragile mental state, it would be extremely unlikely that he would make rational and fully consistent posts.

1.  Allinvain was in shock
2.  It is rational to regiser a forum account and not post... Becasue if you are registered you can tell what posts are new... (very typical for a lurker)
3.  Allinvain isn't the greatest geek out there, and has miss-understandings with computers.  This is NOT mutually exclusive with being a early adopter.
4.  From point 3.  Allinvain isn't a hardcore geek... so he didn't keep a secure system to hold his bitcoins... Again Fair.

Everything in Allinvain's story can be rationally explained.  What ever happened to 'guilty till proven innocent?'

There have been some conspiracies in history... however this isn't one of them...  If it was, it has backfired... It has created a strong awareness of the VALUE of bitcoin, now people say "Wow, Bitcoin's are worth so much that I need to protect them like GOLD, or MONEY!"  Now people are going to think bitcoin as something of value and protect it!

One off NP-Hard.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:00:13 AM

bitrebel and his scooby-doo crew of internet conspiracy experts are on the case, and they are here to logically deduce what happened without the need of facts or evidence.

Why would he let someone steal all of his Bitcoins? Why? Why did he not appear to be more sad in his post? Its just too fishy..

Wouldn't a super l33t and powerful organization like the CIA want to perform psyops such as this that are only temporarily effective at best, instead of simply using brute force and power to pull the plug on bitcoin? Oh definitely. So with this compelling case in mind, anyone who suggests that perhaps he just fucked up, must be on the payroll of the CIA. This story is too convenient a defense of bitcoin for it to not be true.

Personally, I don't think the CIA can use brute force to destroy bitcoin. I think propaganda is their only available means. And I use the term CIA loosely, only because they work for the bankers, right underneath the oil monopolies.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:01:16 AM

Travis with 12 posts; why r u here?  do u love Bitcoin? yes or no?  r u enamored with the technology, the economics, the cryptography, the implications for the USD, or what?  answer the question.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:06:42 AM

What ever happened to 'guilty till proven innocent?'

Did you put that backwards on purpose?  Shocked

It's Freudian...lol

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:08:12 AM

If it was, it has backfired... It has created a strong awareness of the VALUE of bitcoin, now people say "Wow, Bitcoin's are worth so much that I need to protect them like GOLD, or MONEY!"  Now people are going to think bitcoin as something of value and protect it!

don't be an apologist for him.  the price has fallen 75% since around when he posted.  i'm not saying he is the only reason for the fall but i do think it helped it along especially is it was part of a coordinated approach.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: