Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:43:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Allinvain $500,000 theft & Black Friday related? CIA / Banker Attacks?  (Read 19567 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:21:25 AM

i find it interesting that allinvain only posted once to this thread early on but has disappeared since.  if my reputation was being attacked like this unfairly, i'd be fighting back every other post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
epi 1:10,000

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:23:15 AM

i find it interesting that allinvain only posted once to this thread early on but has disappeared since.  if my reputation was being attacked like this unfairly, i'd be fighting back every other post.

So your saying the average person in this situation should respond as you believe you would?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:30:32 AM

i find it interesting that allinvain only posted once to this thread early on but has disappeared since.  if my reputation was being attacked like this unfairly, i'd be fighting back every other post.

So your saying the average person in this situation should respond as you believe you would?

i consider myself an avg person and yes, it would be quite natural to defend ones self.  OTOH, sometimes guilty people when caught slink away into the shadows.

OTOH, perhaps he's a much bigger person than we are and chooses not to engage us.
Maxxx

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:53:33 AM

We just have to start accepting bitcoins.

That is the truth. Just start accepting Bitcoin and we'll change the world.

Time is money. This means that if you have spare time, you can use it to make money.

Modular, open, and stack-able miner case.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 09:07:47 AM

Grin Is the OP a agent-provocateur purposefully discrediting bitcoin by making bitcoin users look like idiots? Who sent you here?
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 03:36:35 PM

I don't have time to deal with your bullshit. If I had to respond to every idiotic comment some people leave on this forum regarding what happened to me I'd be here 24/7.

This will be my last post on this thread.

ixne

Activity: 211

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:12:11 PM

Believing a single conspiracy theory is bad enough.  To call yourself a "conspiracy researcher" is to admit that you gravitate towards far-fetched, speculative, and supremely insular ideas that are propagated by your own bias in assigning cause and motive to completely ambiguous events.  I'll admit that it can be fun to speculate about such things, but it takes a special kind of person to attribute plausibility to completely imagined events.  There are many, many conspiracy theories out there, most of which can easily be disassembled; what they all have in common is a stubborn refusal among their adherents to deviate from their original conclusions, conclusions which ultimately (and in perverse opposition to logic) were the basis for all premises.

As William Gibson said, "Conspiracy theories are popular because no matter what they posit, they are all actually comforting, because they all are models of radical simplicity."  And this particular conspiracy theory is both wildly simplistic and unoriginal.  I won't pretend that any of this will reach the OP, but I hope the rest of you don't take this discussion too seriously.

I'm sorry to rant, but I have a family member with a propensity for conspiracy theories and I've seen firsthand how consuming, even destructive they can be for those who can't let them go.  Frankly, I don't care if 9/11 was an inside job, the CIA killed Kennedy, the moon landing was faked, or a mysterious cabal of bankers are sitting around a giant conference table at this moment plotting the destruction of bitcoin - if the world really is that ridiculous and unreasonable, I don't want to know about it.
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:26:53 PM

Interesting turn of events, do you think allinvain will return under another username with another damaging story? Maybe he posts under a second and is just waiting for the right time.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:39:40 PM

Interesting turn of events, do you think allinvain will return under another username with another damaging story? Maybe he posts under a second and is just waiting for the right time.

Just waiting for the next large btc transfer to materialize in the blockchain, no doubt.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:54:35 PM

i find it interesting that allinvain only posted once to this thread early on but has disappeared since.  if my reputation was being attacked like this unfairly, i'd be fighting back every other post.

I don't have time to deal with your bullshit. If I had to respond to every idiotic comment some people leave on this forum regarding what happened to me I'd be here 24/7.

This will be my last post on this thread.

how about one more post?

why didn't u shut ur computer down after finding out 3.90 BTC had been hacked from ur rig 12h before the 25K btc hack and why would u leave that amt of btc sitting wide open to the net? 

bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:04:36 PM

Believing a single conspiracy theory is bad enough.  To call yourself a "conspiracy researcher" is to admit that you gravitate towards far-fetched, speculative, and supremely insular ideas that are propagated by your own bias in assigning cause and motive to completely ambiguous events.  I'll admit that it can be fun to speculate about such things, but it takes a special kind of person to attribute plausibility to completely imagined events.  There are many, many conspiracy theories out there, most of which can easily be disassembled; what they all have in common is a stubborn refusal among their adherents to deviate from their original conclusions, conclusions which ultimately (and in perverse opposition to logic) were the basis for all premises.

As William Gibson said, "Conspiracy theories are popular because no matter what they posit, they are all actually comforting, because they all are models of radical simplicity."  And this particular conspiracy theory is both wildly simplistic and unoriginal.  I won't pretend that any of this will reach the OP, but I hope the rest of you don't take this discussion too seriously.

I'm sorry to rant, but I have a family member with a propensity for conspiracy theories and I've seen firsthand how consuming, even destructive they can be for those who can't let them go.  Frankly, I don't care if 9/11 was an inside job, the CIA killed Kennedy, the moon landing was faked, or a mysterious cabal of bankers are sitting around a giant conference table at this moment plotting the destruction of bitcoin - if the world really is that ridiculous and unreasonable, I don't want to know about it.

bwahahaha....You are perfectly welcome to walk around with your head up your ass. Nobody is stopping you.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
jatajuta

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:41:07 PM

if the world really is that ridiculous and unreasonable, I don't want to know about it.

Of course, you don't need to know about nothing, you just have to pay when the U$ 14.000.000.000.000,00 of debt that US own to the Federal Reserve's bankers needs to be paid.

I invite you to go to Greece right now and ask them if they don't care either.

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-eds-&-columns/op-eds-&-columns/greek-protesters-are-better-economists-than-the-european-authorities

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
noedaRDH

Activity: 182

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:00:19 PM

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, and if the heist story is true then I will apologize ahead of time, but AllinVain's post in another thread really makes me question his credibility:

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19008.0

"Quote from: unemployed on Today at 06:06:45 pm
LulzSec are friends. Bitcoin went global thanks to marketing by LulzSec in mainstream media.
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=17268

If indeed LulzSec are friends of bitcoin I want them to know that I will make a huge donation to their cause(s) if they would help me recover the funds. I'd be their biggest friend for sure then."

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
ixne

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:10:04 PM

Of course, you don't need to know about nothing, you just have to pay when the U$ 14.000.000.000.000,00 of debt that US own to the Federal Reserve's bankers needs to be paid.

Actually I don't, as I'm not a US citizen - my country has its house more or less in order, thanks. In any case, it's in no one's interest if the US defaults on its debts, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make - especially as I was talking about bitrebel's tenuous grasp on reality rather than economics in the proper sense.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2011, 07:31:52 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2011, 10:20:52 PM by Mageant

In any case, it's in no one's interest if the US defaults on its debts, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

I would say it's in the interest of about 99% of the world's population.

cjgames.com
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:43:21 PM

In any case, it's in no one's interest if the US defaults on its debts, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

I would way it's in the interest of about 99% of the world's population.

Put it this way in a BTC comparison:

The US dollar is Mt. Gox, and all other currencies are the smaller exchanges (a few reputable ones, mostly no-names).

The no-name economies and prices follow Mt. Gox like lap dogs. If it dips 20%, no-names panic. If it crashes 80% in one day, the no-names go in a frenzy and follow the price drops religiously.

Everyone in this world is dependent on the US economy whether you like it or not (I don't like US politics but realize this as a fact).
The US economy deterioating has consequences even in a small village in Uganda as well as a city like Brisbane in Australia.

It has consequences regardless of you being employed, living off welfare or being a career criminal. Everyone loses if the US loses.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
jatajuta

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 07:47:38 PM

Actually I don't, as I'm not a US citizen - my country has its house more or less in order, thanks. In any case, it's in no one's interest if the US defaults on its debts, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make - especially as I was talking about bitrebel's tenuous grasp on reality rather than economics in the proper sense.

If you are not an US citizen, you will still feel the pain of getting your own currency devaluated when the dollars reserves your country has turn out to be worthless.

I've posted before and will post again, you have to notice that the author of this article is from Sweden:

http://falkvinge.net/2011/06/17/the-imminent-dollar-collaps-explained-to-an-8-year-old/

The point Im trying to make is how the banksters in the world will have full control of the population, if when dollar collapses we have another option that does not come from their magic hat?

We are disrupting plans that are in course for decades, this technology just provides an option to not accept this mass slavery through a debt based monetary system.

I dont know how to discredit more bitcoin than doing what Allinvain is doing.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ixne

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 08:28:58 PM

The point Im trying to make is how the banksters in the world will have full control of the population, if when dollar collapses we have another option that does not come from their magic hat?

Well that's quite a jump from what the article you link to is saying.

How exactly will the "banksters...have full control of the population" when they're just as vulnerable (if not more so) to a devaluation of the US dollar?  Banks have more reason than anybody to prevent default.  What sort of leverage do you suppose banks will have when their reserves are worthless?  Seriously, just stop and think for a second.  What motive does a billionaire bank CEO or hedge fund manager have for destroying their own wealth - "they" are already fantastically wealthy, and want nothing more than to maintain the status quo.

We are disrupting plans that are in course for decades, this technology just provides an option to not accept this mass slavery through a debt based monetary system.

Oh...sorry, didn't realize you were completely bat$#*t insane.  Please continue.

I dont know how to discredit more bitcoin than doing what Allinvain is doing.

Really? Here's a few ideas off the top of my head:
- He could claim he accidentally deleted his wallet.dat or lost it due to a failed hard drive.  Everyone who uses a computer can probably relate to that, at least more so than a carefully planned & targeted cyber-heist.
- He could have claimed to have forwarded his fortune to Al-Qaeda - As-Salāmu Alaykum, Zawahiri!
- He could have manipulated the thin market on Mt. Gox for weeks
- He could have funded the establishment of an institution dedicated to researching paranoid conspiracy theories related to bitcoin, further entrenching the belief amongst the general population that bitcoin is just not for normal people.

It's not like what Allinvain is proposing is impossible.  Whether it happened or not doesn't change that it could happen.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 08:34:37 PM

if the world really is that ridiculous and unreasonable, I don't want to know about it.

I invite you to go to Greece right now and ask them if they don't care either.

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/op-eds-&-columns/op-eds-&-columns/greek-protesters-are-better-economists-than-the-european-authorities

+1
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 08:45:55 PM

you severely betray you're lack of understanding of economics i'm afraid.  

don't u realize the USD is the worlds reserve currency and all other currencies are pyramided and leveraged off of it?  not being in the US will make your economic downturn far greater when it comes.  just who do you think bailed out all you guys in 2008?  the US Fed and its taxpayers and this is well documented and a fact from there release of info forced upon them.  by being suspicious and non trusting of what the Fed was saying at the time allowed short sellers like me to capitalize and protect myself from that first round of financial disaster.

economic implosions usually start from the periphery countries first and spread back to the US which is why the Fed bailed out most foreign banks to the tune of 700 billion USD.

look at Europe and the Middle East. its starting all over again b/c it never finished in 2008, only postponed.

by ignoring what these banksters are doing and looking for absolute "proof" to conspiracy theories, you place yourself at a severe disadvantage.  the banksters will always tell you 2+2=6, not 4.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: