Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:17:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: windows based trading client for MtGox  (Read 634 times)
temporalcausality (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:57:54 PM

is there any interest in a (.NET) windows based trading client for MtGox that uses their socket.io and http API's?

I've developed one for my own trading purposes and am considering releasing it to the general public.

Demo version would be free, and registration to unlock full functionality would cost .1 BTC.

illusiveman

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:59:23 PM

I wouldn't mind messing around with such a client....what exactly would it offer that the mtgox site wouldn't?
temporalcausality (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:06:23 PM

above and beyond what the mtgox web site offers, it supports placing a "batch" of small trades across a spread of prices, a "cancel all trades" button (which is really handy during an unexpected market shift which conflicts with your trades), a built-in market chart and list of live trades, and a much faster UI than the mtgox web page offers (no waiting for pages to load, list of trades to load, etc).

It uses the HTTP api to place trades and the socket.io api for market data, making it use-able even during most DDos attacks when the mtgox web page is down or so slow that it's un-useable.
GigaPixels

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:11:49 PM

I'd love a free copy as a beta tester, if you are interested.
I have a BSc in Computer Science. Shoot me a PM! Smiley
temporalcausality (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:19:35 PM

I'd love a free copy as a beta tester, if you are interested.
I have a BSc in Computer Science. Shoot me a PM! Smiley

I will send a download link as soon as I have a release ready version put together, probably within a day or two.
temporalcausality (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:21:17 PM

There is now a public version available for download at http://bitcointrader.tempors.com if anyone is interested in trying it out.  The market chart still needs a bit of work, but will be updated soon in a future version.   Updates will automatically download at application startup from the web server.

It defaults to demo mode, but registration does work if you wish to unlock full functionality.

You will need to add an API key from your mtgox account in order to be able to trade, view your balance, or view account history (copy and paste the API key and Security key into the ApiKey and SecKey fields in the application).   If you wish to register, you will need to give this API key withdrawl rights in order to send the 0.1 BTC registration fee.   Once the fee is sent, you can disable withdrawl rights on the API key if you are worried about account security.   Registration will associate full functionality with your mtgox account, so you can re-use the activation key it emails you on multiple PC's if you want to, but if you have more than one mtgox account, you will have to register the application on each account.

The "Connect" button will connect to socket.io and start up streaming of live public market data, which doesn't require you to enter an API key or security key.   The 'Login' button will connect to account-specific data and allow you to view your balance and trade if a valid API key and security key is entered.
M0nsieurChat

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:45:35 PM

How do we know your software will not empty the account funds at Mtgox ? Is it possible to restrict its privileges regarding the API ?
milo

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 05:16:26 PM

How do we know your software will not empty the account funds at Mtgox ? Is it possible to restrict its privileges regarding the API ?

Excellent Question.
temporalcausality (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 07:18:11 PM

The easiest way to restrict privileges is to turn off withdraws on your mtgox API key if you are concerned about this.   If you still want to register and are concerned about temporarily enabling withdraws to send the registration fee, you can send all but 0.1 BTC to a bitcoin wallet temporarily, and then register, and then send your funds back to your mtgox account after the registration completes to ensure that extra funds cannot be sent.  Other than that, I can only offer you my personal assurance that this software will not "empty your mtgox account" as you put it.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 01:10:15 AM

Can you host the project on github/codeplex for us to view and or audit?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
temporalcausality (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 12:55:37 PM

Can you host the project on github/codeplex for us to view and or audit?

sorry, but i'm only releasing this to the public because I'm tight on money at the moment.   Makng it open source would defeat the purpose by making the registration a moot point.
chrxn

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:05:47 PM

I would be interested in testing your software.
temporalcausality (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:07:08 PM

I would be interested in testing your software.

A link is above in post #6:  http://bitcointrader.tempors.com
keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:11:30 PM

it supports placing a "batch" of small trades across a spread of prices, a "cancel all trades" button

...Isn't that what people are doing to potentially influence the market? Place a lot of small buy orders until people start outbidding them, once the price goes high enough and you sell your coins, cancel all your small orders at once and watch the price plummet so you can buy again low.

Not saying it isn't perfectly within your rights to release this tool, but I really hope it doesn't spawn a whole army of price-manipulators  Grin

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: