Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 12:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slush's Pool Hack / Payout on recovery  (Read 888 times)
genpayne (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:34:24 PM

I'm rather new to all this. Invested in a couple coins after realising the crash was due to phishing so would probably recover.

Which led me to look into how it works a little bit more.
Having a $100 EC2 voucher and nothing better to spend it on i figured why not set up a miner on one of the GPU instances.

Well... All was good until the hack. From reading the thread it looks like slush has no way of tracking shares for blocks mined while the database is down. As such I think (please correct me if im wrong) he's sharing them amongst those that are still mining when it comes back up.

My issue is the majority of my voucher has been spent while the site is down. I expect it will run out before a fix. Since EC2 mining is not profitable I want to terminate the instance as soon as its going to cost me, but i would also rather not lose out on 24 hour of earnings...

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I should do?

Also, on a side note, I have a second $100 EC2 voucher which I am willing to sell (You can only use one per account) for a reasonable offer of either cash or bitcoins. It expires in a couple of months and i believe all credit must be used by then.
To a trusted member on the forum I would be willing to give you the voucher and then you pay me once you have confirmed it works.
If I can't find evidence you are trustworthy you would have to pay first. If the voucher were rejected and you can provide proof of this I would pay you back.

Thanks

Payne
zomby2d

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:43:13 PM

I'm new at this myself. Only started mining at the beginning of the month when Hexide started using bitcoins instead of Paypal.

Well... All was good until the hack. From reading the thread it looks like slush has no way of tracking shares for blocks mined while the database is down. As such I think (please correct me if im wrong) he's sharing them amongst those that are still mining when it comes back up.

It's also my understanding, although I'm wondering too what will happen if my miner gets disconnected or something. Do I have to be connected thrgouh the whole of the outage or will it recognize the fact that I was on for most of it anyway?
genpayne (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:01:25 PM

Turns out my voucher had already run out, just the activity page on Amazon hasn't updated. As such I have a small charge, so if I don't get credited I'm $100 Amazon credit and $7 my own money out of pocket...

Who knows, maybe slush and his genius-ness has got some kind of a tracking system back up!

If not, then oh well. The increase in BTC value has paid for this little learning experience, but its still a bummer.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:13:23 PM

LOL that was the very first site I tried a few days ago for mining ( I am new at this ) and lone behold it gets hacked a day or so later. Left a foul taste in my mouth but that is okay I did not have much invested besides time.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
genpayne (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:16:02 PM

Just bad luck. It's not put me off mining or slush. If you have something with a lot of value passing through it you are always at risk.

Guy seems to be doing his best by people which is what really matters.
Crownz81

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:40:08 PM

wow, bad timing
genpayne (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:08:08 PM

Just an update. Looks like slush somehow managed to get the data after all.

Guy seems rock solid!
Dylancrobinson

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 09:13:50 PM

so if i just let my miner run thru all the recent tribulations i havent wasted my time and power?
genpayne (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:18:37 PM

You can log in again.
If you still get the down for maintainance, wipe ALL browser history, cache etc. Or try the https address
Some people are saying even that won't work and having to do things like reboot, flush their dns and reset their routers.

Just check your payouts on each block under statistics are roughly what they should be.

The unconfirmed/confirmed in your my account page will stay like that until slush is reasonably sure everything is right.
madmailman96

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:36:39 PM

just started mining myself!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: