Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:22:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A $ a post or a $ a day?  (Read 2857 times)
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:45:56 PM

It seems what I'm earning per post is currently less than a dollar.  Grin And even with that, I don't consider my self rich. I'm basically unemployed, just tending a small store which provide our daily needs. A dollar per post might help but that's not enough to be considered rich, even in this 3rd world country I live in.

Maybe when I actually have enough for alt trading and for keeping some fiat in the exchange in preparation for buying during plunges. That's what I liked about being in this forum. I got to read and learn about bitcoin and when I finally became eligible, I was able to join a campaign. At least the money I get is enough to pay for my internet connection and the occasional dine out. Cheesy
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:28:58 PM

A lot of us are making nearly a dollar a post from our activity here and being involved in a signature campaign.

There are so many people living on just a dollar a day. If only those people could a participate here they could find a way out of poverty...or at least another source of income to buy food for their family.

What do you all think about that? We're all rich here...all of us.

A documentary to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtL_nsWCo7s

Watch it, then give.
First of all, in my opinion it doesnt make sense, because signature campaining shouldnt be a job that you can rely on, there are many possibilities where you can't be able to continue that.
You should remember that people living for dollar a day are usually inhabitants of the area where you dont have internet, or sometimes even electricity.
So how could anyone there afford you pay electricity+internet bills, and sit infront of the computer to make posts in english, a language they probably dont know so well?
Also, the knowledge about bitcoin is required to post here, making non-constructive posts will make you banned for signature campainings.

There are thousands reasons I could give more, but that just doesnt make sense for people like that, I would be in a search of more attractive ways to eliminate poverty among society.

Smiley
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:18:33 PM

Signature campaigns aren't going to change life for the better or fight world poverty. It's just scraps compared to the time you're spending on doing it, that's for one, and the funds businesses spend on campaigns each month are just a drop of water in the sea. Think about it for a while and do some numbers. A typical campaign with 20 participants pays out maybe 1BTC per month. Even if that was given to some African village of 200 people, you wouldn't even be able to give each of them a dollar per day to buy food and medicine. You need millions to make a difference in there and they will probably destroy it anyway, because that's what is happening to many of the schools and hospitals that were built in Africa.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:24:11 PM

Signature campaigns aren't going to change life for the better or fight world poverty. It's just scraps compared to the time you're spending on doing it, that's for one, and the funds businesses spend on campaigns each month are just a drop of water in the sea. Think about it for a while and do some numbers. A typical campaign with 20 participants pays out maybe 1BTC per month. Even if that was given to some African village of 200 people, you wouldn't even be able to give each of them a dollar per day to buy food and medicine. You need millions to make a difference in there and they will probably destroy it anyway, because that's what is happening to many of the schools and hospitals that were built in Africa.

If you dont know 1000$ can feed 100 people for atleast a month in 3rd world africa.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
coolcoinz
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:43:40 PM

If you dont know 1000$ can feed 100 people for atleast a month in 3rd world africa.
I said a village of 200 people. What's your point?
Giving the money as charity would only hurt the business owner.

My view is that you can drown money in Africa all you want. People have been doing that for centuries and the natives used to live in clay houses and run around half naked and they will continue to do so with or without the charity.

criptix
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:22:31 PM

My view is that you can drown money in Africa all you want. People have been doing that for centuries and the natives used to live in clay houses and run around half naked and they will continue to do so with or without the charity.

You realize we are talking about bct sig campaigns?
2 people earning a 1 btc each per month could feed a village of 200 for a month in  3rd world africa.

I think it is very likely that you are not from an industry nation yourself? So even for you 1 btc per month should be more then enough to feed yourself right?

@centuries of african welfare

So you think the african colonies were paradise?
You are a trump supporter right? Cheesy

Please learn some history. Like just spend 50$ of your 1000$ sig campaign to get some education.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
HabBear (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 07:38:44 PM

I'm basically unemployed, just tending a small store which provide our daily needs. A dollar per post might help but that's not enough to be considered rich, even in this 3rd world country I live in.

If you're getting paid, you're not unemployed. I'm glad that work from tending the small store and a bit of income from this site helps you out.

I think a lot of your are missing my point.

There are nearly 2 BILLION people that live on less than a dollar a day. These are the poor in this world. The rest of us are rich. And for those of us who participate in a signature campaign, we can make more than $1 a day from this activity...therefore we are not poor by Earth standards.

Broaden your perspective on this. Rich doesn't equal yacht. Super, uber fucking rich equals yacht. We're all rich if we have steady income and enough to put a roof over our bed, clothes on our back, and food in our mouth. There's a significant portion of people in this world we all share that don't have those basic life needs.
Oppolee

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:09:42 PM

I'm basically unemployed, just tending a small store which provide our daily needs. A dollar per post might help but that's not enough to be considered rich, even in this 3rd world country I live in.

If you're getting paid, you're not unemployed. I'm glad that work from tending the small store and a bit of income from this site helps you out.

There are nearly 2 BILLION people that live on less than a dollar a day. These are the poor in this world. The rest of us are rich. And for those of us who participate in a signature campaign, we can make more than $1 a day from this activity...therefore we are not poor by Earth standards.

Broaden your perspective on this. Rich doesn't equal yacht. Super, uber fucking rich equals yacht. We're all rich if we have steady income and enough to put a roof over our bed, clothes on our back, and food in our mouth. There's a significant portion of people in this world we all share that don't have those basic life needs.
I consider myself rich only with my family. I have problems above the roof, but I still have time to live with dignity, maybe even poor.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:56:46 PM

A lot of us are making nearly a dollar a post from our activity here and being involved in a signature campaign.

There are so many people living on just a dollar a day. If only those people could a participate here they could find a way out of poverty...or at least another source of income to buy food for their family.

What do you all think about that? We're all rich here...all of us.

A documentary to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtL_nsWCo7s

Watch it, then give.
First i would like to say, that even if you are in some really good Signature Campaign, you can not become rich only with that. And i don't know any place where you can live with only one dollar a day, and when i say live i mean 3 meals a day. It is true that some people earn a bit from signature campaigns, but i didn't heard of someone who lives from it. So to live a good live, one does need to be functional and productive person in community.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:36:04 AM

I'm still considered poor by my country's standards. I wouldn't be even considered middle class. Guess standards do vary. They have self-reported surveys here and when I saw some of the people being interviewed on TV, I've seen people living near rail tracks that don't consider themselves "poor". My reaction was like "My God, their house look shitier than mine!".

I guess the term I'll have to use for myself now is "surviving but not yet thriving". Smiley

Though I don't agree with the apparent deterministic tone when you talked about Africans, I agree with you on the effect of freebies. They don't always benefit the poor and can even do harm by putting people out of business. Aside from the feeding programs, which might be essential for some, it would be better if the money would be used to encourage entrepreneurship. They can also go sneaky and try to improve institutions if that's what's causing the poverty problem. After all, most poor countries also have high levels of corruption.
Marcus_2017

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:44:55 AM

Corruption does not allow to develop business in such countries. Officials are not interested in business development and as a consequence of the emergence of the middle class. For them it is always a danger of losing their influence and opportunity to take bribes.
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:28:32 PM

LOL, it'll take more than a dollar a day to be called not poor. In my country that would only buy you a cup of rice and a bit of viand. And that is in the poor areas. You go to fast food and that wouldn't be enough to satiate your hunger.

$7 dollars and there, that would probably be enough for the whole day. Assuming you don't need to pay rent, water and electricity.
coolcoinz
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:48:52 PM

2 people earning a 1 btc each per month could feed a village of 200 for a month in  3rd world africa.

I think it is very likely that you are not from an industry nation yourself? So even for you 1 btc per month should be more then enough to feed yourself right?

Please learn some history. Like just spend 50$ of your 1000$ sig campaign to get some education.
Let me address some of your points:
Yes, we are talking about signatures, so I have no idea where are you taking those numbers from. Earning 1 BTC a month from a campaign? That would be one hell of a campaign.
Since when is my campaign paying $1000? The maximum is 0.01 per week, that gives you a whopping 0.04 BTC per month!  A whole 48 bucks at current prices.
My education... Since we're going personal, I'll tell you that they taught me how to count, which seems to be the ability you're lacking.
Also, I'm not American, but I have nothing against Trump or his supporters.

criptix
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:27:37 PM

2 people earning a 1 btc each per month could feed a village of 200 for a month in  3rd world africa.

Yes, we are talking about signatures, so I have no idea where are you taking those numbers from. Earning 1 BTC a month from a campaign? That would be one hell of a campaign.
Since when is my campaign paying $1000? The maximum is 0.01 per week, that gives you a whopping 0.04 BTC per month!  A whole 48 bucks at current prices.
My education... Since we're going personal, I'll tell you that they taught me how to count, which seems to be the ability you're lacking.

Someone wrote you could earn 1 btc. I have never joined a sig campaign so i dont know for sure.
But it doesnt matter anyway because you can just make multiple accounts and join multiple sig  campaigns.

I guess the only thing you learned in school was counting. Because like i said you have no clue in history.
But that is understandable. There are reasons why you call such nations the 3rd world.

Edit

I just went in the service sub. One of the first threads pays 0.04 btc for 80 post weekly.
A bit more then 1600 post for 1 btc in 30 days.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
bitmakerBR

Activity: 62

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:00:03 AM

Since when is my campaign paying $1000? The maximum is 0.01 per week, that gives you a whopping 0.04 BTC per month!  A whole 48 bucks at current prices.

Someone wrote you could earn 1 btc. I have never joined a sig campaign so i dont know for sure.
But it doesnt matter anyway because you can just make multiple accounts and join multiple sig  campaigns.

I guess the only thing you learned in school was counting. Because like i said you have no clue in history.
But that is understandable. There are reasons why you call such nations the 3rd world.

Edit

I just went in the service sub. One of the first threads pays 0.04 btc for 80 post weekly.
In so it has always been and always will be. Someone always thinks they are smarter than others. But I neither see his bad participation in the company's signature. A little you will not earn.
HabBear (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 04:18:23 AM

But it doesnt matter anyway because you can just make multiple accounts and join multiple sig  campaigns.

How do you define "3rd world" nations?

And I believe your math is off. 1btc divided by 0.04 is 25 and 25 multiplied by 80 posts is 2000 posts. So it would take 2000 posts at this rate for one to earn 1btc...and if that happened on this forum that person would get banned for life!

Thanks for commenting on this thread!

The maximum is 0.01 per week, that gives you a whopping 0.04 BTC per month! 

Bitmixer campaign pays a maximum of BTC0.035 per week.
rokkiBalboa

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:49:39 AM

But it doesnt matter anyway because you can just make multiple accounts and join multiple sig  campaigns.

And I believe your math is off. 1btc divided by 0.04 is 25 and 25 multiplied by 80 posts is 2000 posts. So it would take 2000 posts at this rate for one to earn 1btc...and if that happened on this forum that person would get banned for life!

All the same that do not say, and earn on the forum is good, because there are no guarantees on other projects. Although in order to earn well, you need to try even better.
squatz1
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285

Flying Hellfish is a Commie

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:39:45 AM

This is something that I really don't want to see happen for the pure reason that if more people are here and doing sig camps, it's going to lower the overall quality of the forum and it's going to lower the amount of money that people are paid in order to post on here.

I don't think we should really make that the answer with the influx of people it's going to make posts on here worth pennies on the dollar and it's going to be a waste for everyone else here watching the fourm go to shit.

Don't let it happen fellas, it'll ruin Bitcointalk forever. Let these people get real jobs and move on instead of taking over this.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀████████████████▄  ████                 █████   ▀████▄    ▄████▀  ▄██████████████   ████████████▀  ▄█████████████▀  ▄█████████████▄
              ▀████  ████               ▄███▀███▄   ▀████▄▄████▀               ████   ████                ████                   ▀████
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████  ████              ████   ████    ▀██████▀      ██████████████▄   ████████████▀       ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
   ██████████████▀   ████            ▄███▀     ▀███▄    ████        ████        ████  ████                ████       ██████████████▀
   ████              ████████████▀  ████   ██████████   ████        ████████████████  █████████████▀      ████       ████      ▀████▄
   ▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀

#1 CRYPTO CASINO & SPORTSBOOK
  WELCOME
BONUS
.INSTANT & FAST.
.TRANSACTION.....
.PROVABLY FAIR.
......& SECURE......
.24/7 CUSTOMER.
............SUPPORT.
BTC      |      ETH      |      LTC      |      XRP      |      XMR      |      BNB      |     more
PowerWalletDotCom

Activity: 55

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:14:42 AM

This is something that I really don't want to see happen for the pure reason that if more people are here and doing sig camps, it's going to lower the overall quality of the forum and it's going to lower the amount of money that people are paid in order to post on here.

I don't think we should really make that the answer with the influx of people it's going to make posts on here worth pennies on the dollar and it's going to be a waste for everyone else here watching the fourm go to shit.

Don't let it happen fellas, it'll ruin Bitcointalk forever. Let these people get real jobs and move on instead of taking over this.
Perhaps this form is the only way to get not just additional money, but in general at least some earnings. And I also think that this contributes to the popularity of bitcoin.
coolcoinz
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:34:57 PM

I've already told him he couldn't count and he is doing his best to prove it  Grin
Moreover, he has no idea about post limits. All the campaigns I saw allow for no more than 200 posts a month.

I mentioned the campaign I was in, because he said "spend 50$ of your 1000$ sig campaign."

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: