Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:02:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when will chinese exchanges resume withdrawals?  (Read 2341 times)
snoopyboy

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:43:23 AM

There is no reason for Chinese government to release those funds which they sees as nothing more than a channel to funnel ill-gotten money away.
Not to mention a way to launder money or for officials to move their bribes to avoid detection.
My guess is release will only occur when all the money are identified and the owners came forward with documents to support it.
Otherwise legislation will be imposed to absorb those unclaimed to national coffers.
Just my 2 cents...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:50:10 AM

Could this be holding the Bitcoin price down? If so, the question is what happens when those customers can get there Bitcoins. Will the price rise because everyone has more trust in Bitcoin, or will those customers just cash out and we'll see a price drop?
vroomDotClub

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:13:34 AM

Since the beginning of 2017 bitcoin traders have been focused on the ongoing developments between China’s central bank and bitcoin exchanges residing within the country.

Over the past two months, withdrawals have been suspended across nearly every major Chinese bitcoin trading platform with no word on when suspensions will be lifted.

For now, over-the-counter markets and Localbitcoins trades are the only options for big cryptocurrency traders in China, while the entire world wonders when Chinese exchanges
will resume withdrawals.

When do you think chinese exchanges will resume withdrawals?
I think Chinese exchangers will resume withdrawals depend on decision of government
we don't know when is happen because still there are not announcement
but if it happen becoming good news for bitcoin at China
so gives them time to make desicion and discussion about it.

I do not believe so. The People's Bank of China will keep extending the ban on withdrawals until the exchanges themselves will voluntary close because of the lack of users and profit.

Check the prices of Bitcoin in the top Chinese exchanges. They are among the lowest now. Before the ban they were the ones pumping the price.

So you are saying they will just confiscate the assets?
I have bitcoin on bitvc locked in there and I'm not from china.. It clearly stated they catered towards global business and I liked their platform. So now I will be victimized by the government of china?
omarabid

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:57:24 AM

Are they allowing Bitcoin deposits?
favila

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:03:03 PM

Since the beginning of 2017 bitcoin traders have been focused on the ongoing developments between China’s central bank and bitcoin exchanges residing within the country.

Over the past two months, withdrawals have been suspended across nearly every major Chinese bitcoin trading platform with no word on when suspensions will be lifted.

For now, over-the-counter markets and Localbitcoins trades are the only options for big cryptocurrency traders in China, while the entire world wonders when Chinese exchanges
will resume withdrawals.

When do you think chinese exchanges will resume withdrawals?
I think Chinese exchangers will resume withdrawals depend on decision of government
we don't know when is happen because still there are not announcement
but if it happen becoming good news for bitcoin at China
so gives them time to make desicion and discussion about it.

I do not believe so. The People's Bank of China will keep extending the ban on withdrawals until the exchanges themselves will voluntary close because of the lack of users and profit.

Check the prices of Bitcoin in the top Chinese exchanges. They are among the lowest now. Before the ban they were the ones pumping the price.

So you are saying they will just confiscate the assets?
I have bitcoin on bitvc locked in there and I'm not from china.. It clearly stated they catered towards global business and I liked their platform. So now I will be victimized by the government of china?

They are not going to do that, bitcoin is too big in China and they won't want to give dominance in the bitcoin market to other countries. Remember the vast majority of mining operations and ASIC manufacturing is done in China. They are just being overly cautious about things as they always are.

Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:20:35 PM

Could this be holding the Bitcoin price down? If so, the question is what happens when those customers can get there Bitcoins. Will the price rise because everyone has more trust in Bitcoin, or will those customers just cash out and we'll see a price drop?

This all might just be pressing for bitcoin bitcoin increase and decrease because many factors so that when you want to get an advantage then it should be fine in the thought of something. But you don't have to worry if the bitcoin precipitously, because it was just a usual strategy carried out by the existing system. You need to know, if more and more enthusiasts and users bitcoin then there will always give a high price

tomywomy

Activity: 57
Merit: 27

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:23:08 PM

Any idea just how many coins are tied up in these exchanges?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: