Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:43:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets Kill this Paypal Reversible Scam! Look here!  (Read 7316 times)
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:01:17 PM

you sound like a cry baby. You are selling an item that they cant verify. Let the seller beware. Oh boohoo paypal wont insure my transactions. I insure my own transactions for digital items. If you know how to trade when the transaction isnt insured then you will have no problem.

All it boils down to is "let the seller beware"   

I should have clarified I have been selling coins for the last 11 months I have been using paypal for 5 or 6 years 
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptonics

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:38:41 PM

you sound like a cry baby. You are selling an item that they cant verify. Let the seller beware. Oh boohoo paypal wont insure my transactions. I insure my own transactions for digital items. If you know how to trade when the transaction isnt insured then you will have no problem.

All it boils down to is "let the seller beware"   

I should have clarified I have been selling coins for the last 11 months I have been using paypal for 5 or 6 years 

Oh well, not everyone are as smart as you smartypants. Atleast, I dont claim that way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you've been doing something with good success rate, well, thats good for you. And you dont have declare that in an open forum just to make a winner out of you. I never even mentioned about you in my post and I dont know what made you to initiate a personal attack.
If they cant verify a transaction, then they should never even allow sellers doing such transactions in the first place, right. They've allowed virtual goods to be bought, and that simply means there has to be equal protection for the buyer and the seller. Disputes have to be analyzed well before they even close it in buyer/seller's favor. Do they do that? NO, they dont. It boils down to seller beware just because of this.
Now, would you let all the 'cry babies' here know your ideas and tips about trading carefully using Paypal? NO, you wouldn't  Roll Eyes
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:00:11 PM

I never even mentioned about you in my post and I dont know what made you to initiate a personal attack.

Really who do you think you quoted?

No personal attack I was just letting you know your vagina is bleeding, its okay everyone is butt hurt at paypal   

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:01:35 PM

I will gladly give tips to avoid scammers
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:05:36 PM

The best way to avoid a charge backs is to establish the identity of your buyer and confirm that they are the owner of the account. Then put limits in place and raise them slowly.

I confirm identity several ways, with my system email, facebook, paypal, location, name, Ip address must all match.
The best way is to get your buyer to up load a picture Id and check it against their PP account.

I have tons of other tips but if you follow these you will prevent 99.98 percent of scammers and charge backs

I insure my transactions buy charging 6 percent above spot and raising limits slowly that way if a buyer charges back it will be partly profit form selling to them.
18RATTT (OP)

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:23:16 AM

Traded with 18RATT, his paypal usd for my ltc all went smoothly after we got on the same page about limits.
Thanks
thanks for the trade sublime, recommended seller.

TimJBenham

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:21:28 AM

The best way to avoid a charge backs is to establish the identity of your buyer and confirm that they are the owner of the account. Then put limits in place and raise them slowly.

I confirm identity several ways, with my system email, facebook, paypal, location, name, Ip address must all match.
The best way is to get your buyer to up load a picture Id and check it against their PP account.

I have tons of other tips but if you follow these you will prevent 99.98 percent of scammers and charge backs

I insure my transactions buy charging 6 percent above spot and raising limits slowly that way if a buyer charges back it will be partly profit form selling to them.

I'm not sure about 99.98% but your methods will certainly provide a lot of protection. What it amounts to is that selling BTC for Paypal requires a trust relationship with the buyer. This takes time and effort to build up, and you still have to build a risk premium into the price. Most sellers and buyers don't want to go to all that effort, break their (illusion of) anonymity, and spread a deal out over multiple small transactions. They want to press a few buttons, receive their money and go do something else. Paypal doesn't work like that when you're selling something equivalent to cash; especially when that something is delivered electronically.

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:46:45 AM

Exactly it is an uninsured transaction so you have to trust one another the only good way to establish trust is the build it slowly over time. It is a ton of work for me to sell coins and I spend a lot of time messing with people who are trying to scam. I always follow my rules and almost never get screwed.
Philb

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:54:05 AM

I am in process of creating a service that solves the paypal problem.  Stay tuned.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: