Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Ethereum for ICO crowdsale. Why the change in choices?  (Read 1054 times)
ololajulo (OP)

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:55:09 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2017, 10:20:24 AM by ololajulo

Aside the platform to launch project, some of them still chose ethereum. Is it part of the ways to start leaving out bitcoin from getting too involved? Bitcoin owner will have to convert their coin to ethereum to participate in crowdsale as against what had being happening in past years. Could it have been influenced by leadership problem of bitcoin. HuhHuh

It is a question I dont have answer to?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:11:29 AM

I don't think there is any particular reason, at least nothing that is against bitcoin. It's probably because of the fact that ICOs nowadays are using Ethereum Smart-contracts and tokens are ERC20 on the ETH blockchain so It's more convenient to use it but usually, ICOs accept multiple cryptocurrencies as a way to participate.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:55:33 AM

I don't think there is any particular reason, at least nothing that is against bitcoin. It's probably because of the fact that ICOs nowadays are using Ethereum Smart-contracts and tokens are ERC20 on the ETH blockchain so It's more convenient to use it but usually, ICOs accept multiple cryptocurrencies as a way to participate.
They would have to choose from creating 'nother NXT asset, clugging onto Mastercoin like MAID or AMP did (two good examples of tokens without technology behind) and that's just the premium class, there are many more to mention that are somewhat in existance, more or less.
Ethereum seemingly does something better.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:02:21 AM

it is mainly because these ICO (aka new methods for scam) are somehow tied to ethereum platform so it is only logical to use ether tokens to buy them too.

and also when you really think about it, all these new and completely random projects which have ICOs are in fact creating some fake demand for ether which causes the price rises in ethere. so i can say it is like a master plan for pumping it. and it has been working well enough so far.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
ololajulo (OP)

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:19:03 AM

it is mainly because these ICO (aka new methods for scam) are somehow tied to ethereum platform so it is only logical to use ether tokens to buy them too.

and also when you really think about it, all these new and completely random projects which have ICOs are in fact creating some fake demand for ether which causes the price rises in ethere. so i can say it is like a master plan for pumping it. and it has been working well enough so far.
Just my guess, the flip is sudden and taking over almost all crowdsale

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:36:25 PM

Just my guess, the flip is sudden and taking over almost all crowd sale

When over year ETH will be filled by scam ICOs people will go to another platform lets say Waves/Ador this time. Nothing last forever Smiley And ETH have to has final exit pump for insiders soon so expect "cool news" ba bla next BTC BigCorps joining ETH to conquer world. This time we will pass BTC in PnD Smiley and that will be exit strategy for devs for a while to capitalize ETH since pump cannot last forever.

ETH is trending for promotig many scams and people like because new idiots are not aware of risks behind.
Most people will learn HARD way that 95%+ ICOs will fail or be scams at end.
In real world startups which wins are 1/1000 so here will be the same guys.
Most of those decentralized application will just fail.
Same as failed many premined IPO ICOs on BTC.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:41:44 PM

Aside the platform to launch project, some of them still chose ethereum. Is it part of the ways to start leaving out bitcoin from getting too involved? Bitcoin owner will have to convert their coin to ethereum to participate in crowdsale as against what had being happening in past years. Could it have been influenced by leadership problem of bitcoin. HuhHuh

If they are smart will made ICO in many currencies. First they will gatherer more founds and second they will have their founds more secure since will not rely only on one currency and rick price of that coin will decrease during and post ICO.

Reality that in cryptospace you have lots maximalists that cant think rationally.  Such a strange place.
hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 05:10:03 PM

It's easier to launch an ICO with Ethereum, using its blockchain and smart contracts, as mentioned above. This gives the entity launching the ICO the possibility to focus on the mains aspect of its project. In this case, ETH is the crypto version of a Kickstarter (IndieGoGo) campaign with a payment method attached.

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:14:49 PM

I think you are talking about ETH token which are being sold in ICO by many projects this days. They have found building this token way easier than making another clone from bitcoin, you just need to make few codes to deploy token with your own specification under ETH contracts. This is the actual reason behind this...
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 07:19:01 PM

Exactly, they are using the smart contract feature and they just give the Money back to investors if the ICO doesn’t reach the needed amount.

That way investors are protected, it is kinda like provably fair version of ICO where investors are not risking anything if ICO is not moving forward.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 11:38:22 PM

people chose ethereum as it is easy to scam people because etheriuem have homeless scammer kid like butterin who stole idea from Nick Szabo concept and 1990's era command line wallet like mist, with broken network which fork once every month. then there seem to be dark force are behind to support and to steal money from newbies by using etheruiem

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Papski

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:33:50 AM

Its easier to use the ethereum platform they no longer need to secure and maintain a blockchain because ethereum does it for them already. They can directly develop their project
ololajulo (OP)

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:31:57 PM

I don't  know how cryptographiers with the news of the numerous bug on ethereum still design  their  projects  around it. Iexec also had to postpone its project bcos of the same complaints

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Zipplz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:41:18 PM

I think ICO's that only accept ETH are being built on Ethereum.

Most still accept BTC, and often the ETH only ICO's end up converting some ETH into BTC as a hedge anyway
xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:24:53 AM

One particular reason why people will always invest using ETH is because if the validation speed compared to BTC ?

ICOs are going really fast with the whales buying in and the small investors like me sometimes miss a lot. So to be sure to be in, ETH is faster for sending your funds
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:30:10 AM

i am counting the days until the next DAO-like exploit happens in Ethereum and when Vital and his foundation lost a lot of money they will fork the platform once again and we can expect another altcoin being born from this. lets call it Ethereum legacy this time i like the sound of ETL.

and there were some good points in this topic that i agree on. this seems to be another tactic to increase the demand for ethereum. because people are forced to buy it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:08:09 AM

i am counting the days until the next DAO-like exploit happens in Ethereum and when Vital and his foundation lost a lot of money they will fork the platform once again and we can expect another altcoin being born from this. lets call it Ethereum legacy this time i like the sound of ETL.

Possible, but unlikely.

Those who have chosen to stick with ETH rather than switching to ETC would most likely be fine with the idea of another hard fork in the event of another TheDAO-esque incident occurring. It wouldn't be logically consistent to have a blockchain where the TheDAO funds were refunded but the TheDAO v2.0 funds weren't.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: