Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:18:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac OS X Resources & Howtos for Mining (Homebrew/DIY/Bin/Xcode Debugging)  (Read 64191 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2013, 06:47:18 AM

I've updated the OP with a link to my new article on backing up all of your cryptocoin wallets on Mac OS X:

http://backups.xgminer.com

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 11:17:44 PM

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with cgminer 3.5.0.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 12:39:16 PM

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with cgminer 3.5.1.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 05:07:54 PM

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with cgminer 3.6.1.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 06:03:46 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2013, 06:38:09 PM by nwoolls

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with bfgminer 3.4.0 and cgminer 3.6.6.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 02:02:17 PM

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with cgminer 3.7.0.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 01:53:56 PM

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with cgminer 3.7.2.

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:00:47 PM

What devices are enabled?

Message me if you have any problems
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 02:06:35 PM

You can find the arguments used with ./configure to enable devices here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/homebrew-xgminer/blob/master/cgminer.rb

Code:
                          "--enable-scrypt",
                          "--enable-bflsc",
                          "--enable-bitforce",
                          "--enable-icarus",
                          "--enable-modminer",
                          "--enable-ztex",
                          "--enable-avalon",
                          "--disable-adl",
                          "--enable-opencl"

winit

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:59:48 PM

I've tried on 4 different Mac's now and all do exactly the same. Despite having installed 3.7.2, terminal shows me : cgminer-3.6.1 already installed, it's just not linked.

If I try and run cgminer my terminal window just flashes and gives me a new line waiting for me to input some text, cgminer does not run.

What exactly am I doing wrong here?
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:03:33 PM

I've tried on 4 different Mac's now and all do exactly the same. Despite having installed 3.7.2, terminal shows me : cgminer-3.6.1 already installed, it's just not linked.

It sounds like you have conflicting Homebrew packages installed. Do:

Code:
brew uninstall cgminer
brew uninstall bfgminer
brew uninstall jansson
brew update
brew install cgminer

If you still get an error about not being linked, paste the entire output. The text should also give instructions for linking the unlinked app.

winit

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:15:52 PM

Thanks for the help. This is the error :

==> make install
Warning: Could not link cgminer. Unlinking...
Error: The `brew link` step did not complete successfully
The formula built, but is not symlinked into /usr/local
You can try again using `brew link cgminer'

Possible conflicting files are:
/usr/local/include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h -> /usr/local/Cellar/libusb/1.0.9/include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h
/usr/local/include/jansson_config.h -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/include/jansson_config.h
/usr/local/include/jansson.h -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/include/jansson.h
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/libusb-1.0.pc -> /usr/local/Cellar/libusb/1.0.9/lib/pkgconfig/libusb-1.0.pc
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/jansson.pc -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/lib/pkgconfig/jansson.pc
/usr/local/lib/libusb-1.0.dylib -> /usr/local/Cellar/libusb/1.0.9/lib/libusb-1.0.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libusb-1.0.a -> /usr/local/Cellar/libusb/1.0.9/lib/libusb-1.0.a
/usr/local/lib/libjansson.dylib -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/lib/libjansson.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libjansson.a -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/lib/libjansson.a
/usr/local/lib/libjansson.4.dylib -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/lib/libjansson.4.dylib
==> Summary
/usr/local/Cellar/cgminer/3.7.2: 24 files, 5.0M, built in 83 seconds
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:25:23 PM

Thanks for the help. This is the error :

==> make install
Warning: Could not link cgminer. Unlinking...
Error: The `brew link` step did not complete successfully
The formula built, but is not symlinked into /usr/local
You can try again using `brew link cgminer'

Possible conflicting files are:
/usr/local/include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h -> /usr/local/Cellar/libusb/1.0.9/include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h
/usr/local/include/jansson_config.h -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/include/jansson_config.h
/usr/local/include/jansson.h -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/include/jansson.h
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/libusb-1.0.pc -> /usr/local/Cellar/libusb/1.0.9/lib/pkgconfig/libusb-1.0.pc
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/jansson.pc -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/lib/pkgconfig/jansson.pc
/usr/local/lib/libusb-1.0.dylib -> /usr/local/Cellar/libusb/1.0.9/lib/libusb-1.0.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libusb-1.0.a -> /usr/local/Cellar/libusb/1.0.9/lib/libusb-1.0.a
/usr/local/lib/libjansson.dylib -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/lib/libjansson.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libjansson.a -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/lib/libjansson.a
/usr/local/lib/libjansson.4.dylib -> /usr/local/Cellar/jansson/2.4/lib/libjansson.4.dylib
==> Summary
/usr/local/Cellar/cgminer/3.7.2: 24 files, 5.0M, built in 83 seconds

And you typed the command to uninstall jansson first? That should have resolved that issue. Was Homebrew able to uninstall jansson successfully?

Basically it seems like you have conflicting jansson and libusb packages installed. You should technically remove those using "brew uninstall" and then install cgminer. Or you can type "brew link cgminer" to try linking it. If that fails it should give further steps to force the linking.

You could also skip Homebrew and compile cgminer yourself using my shell scripts. It's still just a single command from Terminal.app. Either clone the repo or download the zip here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/xgminer-osx

And then run package_cgminer.sh from Terminal.app. Or you can try the precompiled binaries here:

http://releases.xgminer.com

winit

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:49:24 PM

Thanks so much for your help.
I browsed to the hidden directory and removed the files that were causing the conflict and now it's all good.

Unfortunately my Blue Fury devices still are not recognised but at least I'm set with Cgminer.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:19:51 PM

I browsed to the hidden directory and removed the files that were causing the conflict and now it's all good.

Unfortunately my Blue Fury devices still are not recognised but at least I'm set with Cgminer.

I should hopefully have a Blue Fury device coming soon thanks to a super nice Group Buy runner, Maidak. Unfortunately I cannot test them right now as I have none to test (I tried, no response from any of the guys making the BitFury devices  Sad).

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 10:48:06 PM

You can find the arguments used with ./configure to enable devices here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/homebrew-xgminer/blob/master/cgminer.rb

Code:
                          "--enable-scrypt",
                          "--enable-bflsc",
                          "--enable-bitforce",
                          "--enable-icarus",
                          "--enable-modminer",
                          "--enable-ztex",
                          "--enable-avalon",
                          "--disable-adl",
                          "--enable-opencl"
You have no bitfury support in that.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 11:46:41 PM

You have no bitfury support in that.

Thanks - I'll get that addressed in the update I have planned for later tonight.

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 03:06:28 AM

I should hopefully have a Blue Fury device coming soon thanks to a super nice Group Buy runner, Maidak. Unfortunately I cannot test them right now as I have none to test (I tried, no response from any of the guys making the BitFury devices  Sad).
I don't remember getting a message from you but I am happy to test for you.

Message me if you have any problems
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 03:27:39 AM

I don't remember getting a message from you but I am happy to test for you.

I sent a PM September 30th asking if it would be possible to get test hardware for my different projects. No biggy - I am sure you are busy and Maidak was kind enough to offer to send me a stick once his next batch comes in.

I'll have updates for these formulas and scripts up once bfgminer 3.5.1 is ready. After that I'd appreciate any testing with the builds as they should both include BitFury support.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 04:30:58 AM

Homebrew formulas, Shell scripts, and precompiled binaries have all been updated with bfgminer 3.5.1.

Additionally, cgminer is now compiled with BitFury support enabled.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: