Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:44:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - the bible - end times  (Read 5176 times)
btcforall777 (OP)

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:17:17 PM

itr has been prophesied and anticpated by secularist that there will be a one world governemnt along with 1 currency.

also the prophecy of the "mark of the beast" - where you can not buy and sell without it.

im thinking the one world currency will be digital.

the government will devise a way track/access it (and every human) biometrically.

im dont think it is too far fetched to think that bitcoin and other currencies will usher in this age somehow.

only thing needed to make the sheeple dumb enough to accept soemthing like is a global catastrophy - like a nuclear event.

just thinking.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:40:55 PM

If you believe in any religion then you aren't thinking.
Consolidation of government is a great way to reduce expenses and ease commerce. While the hemegony aspects of it may not be appealing to everyone, I wouldn't think the world could avoid slowly realizing we're all one people with imaginary borders and imaginary national pride. If we can evolve past our tribal instincts, there will be one government. Hopefully it will be a pleasant one with a light touch.

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:45:36 PM

If you believe in any religion then you aren't thinking.
Consolidation of government is a great way to reduce expenses and ease commerce. While the hemegony aspects of it may not be appealing to everyone, I wouldn't think the world could avoid slowly realizing we're all one people with imaginary borders and imaginary national pride. If we can evolve past our tribal instincts, there will be one government. Hopefully it will be a pleasant one with a light touch.

But what about the awe-inspiring quotes from MysteryMiner?

I totally agree with this. In my work I meet with dumb people all the time. Never met a nigger so I have no idea how dumb they are. Probably they are so dumb that they even don't own a computer.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 10:52:11 PM

The Flying Spaghetti Monster made God and Jesus is Gods son.  So if you are looking for an answer to your theological learning I suggest you start here - http://www.venganza.org/

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:13:25 AM

itr has been prophesied and anticpated by secularist that there will be a one world governemnt along with 1 currency.

A decentralized digital currency (or currencies) like Bitcoin would be the opposite of that then. 

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Sage

Activity: 632

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:25:29 AM

just thinking.

Think it through a little more my friend.  The currency you describe is a centrally controlled currency, where authorities decide who can and can't transact in the system.  Bitcoin is the antithesis of that. 

You fear the "Marke Of The Beast", then start now conducting all your biz in bitcoin, and get all your suppliers to do the same.
omegaflare

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:35:40 PM

A decentralized digital currency (or currencies) like Bitcoin would be the opposite of that then. 

The blockchain is centralized (that's my concern): without the blockchain - bitcoin is useless. Correct me if I am wrong.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 10:23:07 PM

The blockchain is centralized (that's my concern): without the blockchain - bitcoin is useless. Correct me if I am wrong.

Rather it's the other way round.  Where the decentralised peer to peer blockchain is useless without the bitcoin unit of currency.  And one can't truly exist without the other in a peer to peer and decentralised manner.  Also regarding the threads main topic.  One of the strongest pillars of Bitcoin is that it's opensource and decentralised.  So just because Bitcoin was the first peer to peer decentralised cryptocurrency.  Now there are over five-hundred of them and the list is always growing.  An international universally accepted cryptocurrency may be very useful.  Although there will always be a place for unique community and local plus regional currencies.  So really no need to jump on the popular end of days event beliefs bandwagon regarding Bitcoin.  Which has been a very popular belief system for the last couple of hundred years of modern society.  Life on Earth may 'probably' end one day eventually so one day the fanatics may eventually be right.

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:37:28 AM

While I do not agree with the philosophical view of the OP, he could easily support his theory and prove many of you wrong... within time.
Bitcoin is becoming more centralized every day.
More miners are turning off their machines.
More manufacturers are deciding to mine exclusively for themselves.
Very soon there will be less individuals and more conglomerates controlling Bitcoin, but people will still buy and use it.
The marketing is working and there are more new users brought in all the time, but look at every post when someone asks if they can be a miner... No, it isn't worth your time, some people say even with free power it isn't.

Even today if you decide you want to mine to exclusively support the coin and decentralization where do you buy your hardware? There is not a single company currently selling hardware to the small home miner - worth having. People will debate Bitmain and you can have them. The same with Avalon, take it. Buy used, yeah, buy large scale used mining rigs and see the kind of quality you receive. How fast things changed. I wanted to buy a large amount and had the deal put together and boom no more SPTech available (except used)

I am not saying these things to be negative about the coin. I invested in miners for the same reason I used to top out my PC, my trucks and cars, or anything else; I enjoy it for many reasons. I lose money being an idealist at different stages in my life for different things. It doesn't have a huge impact because it is a personal tax. Welcome it, love it, or leave it, but do not hate it. Just like my ex wives heh.

I think people should take a look at the real core in this scene and realize these things. It seems to me that unless something changes we are on an accelerated path to Bitcoin belonging to a single entity. It may be covert in the day, but it will not take long to burn out at the current pace like a pump and dump alt with Bobsurplus at the helm.

When I say burn out I do not mean lose value. No, No we cannot have it getting lower than $140.00. I mean lose the value it has to me and most of you. The Satoshiness. The fact there are millions tied up in the people, software, jobs, investments, and on, no it will grow, but not the Individual miners.

I suppose I am fortunate SP decided to stop selling when they did. Otherwise I would have spent a considerable amount to be more involved. Up until this month I was buying coins on a schedule, I rented hash to mine, along with my personal farm and paying the electric bill every month. It is a good feeling, but I cannot keep going when I see the centralization happening.

It isn't as though I am some conspiracy theorist. Every member of every respected panel has said the exact same thing regarding there only being a few companies within a short time. They each want it. They each want to control this coin the way Alts are controlled today by single individuals. I am not saying the leader at each company has the same motive and end game, but be real with yourself, they are companies built to make a profit. They will self-mine until the difficulty reaches a point it makes sense to sell the miners, and they will, and people will eat them up. Who controls the coin? Who works for who?  Who is being manipulated?

Good or bad intentions, this is the road we are on.

Humans do this to most things don't we? We love too much of a good thing. It is in our nature. I know I do. But when we know we are doing it, yet we still do it, some do it for kicks and notoriety those who wake up the next day like we were at the bar showing our tits the night before, embarrassed, asking why, and most internalize and move on to the next shiny thing.

OP, in my opinion you make a good point, but probably not the one you were after.

We all must answer for our transgressions, but to who, what, and why?
The only answer which can be provided today, is from and to yourself.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: