Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 08:12:08 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger Ver causes another dump  (Read 2624 times)
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:57:17 PM

Bitcoin.com is an huge site for clueless noobs to stumble upon as they search "bitcoin" in google for the first time. Of course Roger Ver being the crypto-Soros he is bought it to spread his BS propaganda:

The result is a big fat dump as noobs see it and react to it. Good job Roger!

Too bad your propaganda is useless because the price is going back up.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:00:07 PM

Ver and anti blockstream chumps live in a psychotic conspiracy theory where Core and blockstream want to "take over" bitcoin, when the simple fact is, Core has demonstrated to be the better devs, and segwit + LN has been demonstrated to be the best way to scale the network globally without killing the node decentralization rate.

If there was an objectively better solution, i would trust my money with it, but there isn't.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:14:56 PM

Roger Ver has once declared to dump his 40 thousand bitcoin on the market. And it that was true then he is the reason why bitcoin has experienced a temporary meltdown. But that dump was not even a threat to the bitcoin community but as an opportunity to buy more cheaper bitcoins. Given that fact Roger Vers dump was caught by the bitcoin supporters and caused a sudden recovery or value to bitcoins.
jihanwu

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:25:16 PM

How does it correlate?  Huh
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2360

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:54:27 PM

I think the dump was more likely associated with f2pool announcing that they do not support SegWit on btc because they want the value of their btc holdings to increase over the long run, and their subsequent DDoS attack against them by who is likely to be Blockstream.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:08:03 PM

I think the dump was more likely associated with f2pool announcing that they do not support SegWit on btc because they want the value of their btc holdings to increase over the long run, and their subsequent DDoS attack against them by who is likely to be Blockstream.

Yep, segwit getting attacked by miners causes dump coupled with bitcoin.com propaganda.

Franky1 will continue once again denying the facts to no end. Everytime the price crashes because of something segwit or BUcoin related it's a "coincidence" for him.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2360

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:13:05 PM

Yep, segwit getting attacked by miners causes dump coupled with bitcoin.com propaganda.

Franky1 will continue once again denying the facts to no end. Everytime the price crashes because of something segwit or BUcoin related it's a "coincidence" for him.
For clairification, it is the opinion of f2pool that SW is trash (which is a generally accurate representation) and fear that it will do long term damage to Bitcoin, which is also likely true, especially without any increase in the max block size.

Roger Ver is well within his rights to have his opinion and to tell other who are willing to listen what his opinion is.
Katewind

Activity: 121
Merit: 92

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:13:17 PM

Dumping bitcoin will be good for bitcoin investors and They need this fact. I will buy more bitcoins if it's undervalued and We are making bitcoin investors to be richer. I hate this rumor.
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 03:19:02 PM

I don`t think that Roger is a person who is looking for opportunities to pump-dump Bitcoin to make some more money. He seems to be doing well so far. I believe he is truly fighting for future of Bitcoin. Whether we aggre with him or not, It would be illogical deny that fact. He is an important figure among Bitcoin users and his strong opinions makes small movements in the market. I personally believe that time will prove him right.

btcbug

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:25:39 PM

LMFAO!

That moment when a self proclaimed Anarchist (FYI: free market capitalist) champions Democracy and voting!  Grin
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:29:09 PM

good ... we need a purge.

and i want bid cheap coin.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:32:14 PM

this guy is like someone shouting at the tide to make it come back in. by this point he's shitting all over his own rep with this level of desperation.

if he wants to execute core then all he has to do is come up with better code. if it's better than what's on the table then it's bye bye core, but i don't think he's bright enough to realise this.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 03:38:37 PM

I think manipulating the public through "rigged" altcoins to develop a mindset that other things have higher value than what they have vs something that people have given their lifes over is a bit out of hand (propaganda wise).

I don't have anything against anyone though.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://AltQuick.com/Faucet/ Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:58:03 PM

I never personally used Bitcoin.com so don't really care what they're opinion is and don't know anybody that does.

I think you overestimate the affect that such things have on the price. In reality, nobody is dumping because they read an announcement on Bitcoin.com. Let's get real here.

Markets go up and down. Bitcoin goes up and down. No need for this childish furore every time it turns one way or another.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:10:49 PM

Let Roger Ver do his thing. He has already shows his true colors and looks like he just want some attention. So let him be. The market price is bitcoin will have it own course, I don't think they can directly influence it. Only those new one will feel on this kind of trap. Selling their bitcoin with no profit  at all because some "self-proclaimed" crypto-Soros shake up the market price with his statements.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 4582

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:11:30 PM

when the blockstreamists are watching the fiat price every minute and panicking over every up and down movement. you start to see they only care about fiat.

maybe its time they go read the genesis block and really understand the purpose of bitcoin,

prices move up and down all the time.

all i see is the blockstreamists watch fiat prices.
when it goes down. they then go searching for anything they can find to turn the reason for it into some fud story
when it goes up. they then go searching for anything they can find to turn the reason for it into some fud glory

trying hard to create a narrative

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 05:30:41 PM

IMO, that's why altcoins exist. To tackle this "problems" (things that originally not intended to BTC handle). This new features that several altcoins are bringing to the game, help the crypto community thrive, with several tech breakthroughs. We need to start to think if BTC is supposed to do everything, or it has a specific purpose.

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:34:42 PM

We need to start to think if BTC is supposed to do everything, or it has a specific purpose.

never anywhere have i seen anyone state that it was supposed to do everything. it's supposed to be what it is right now and despite everything it's still doing the job.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:37:23 PM

Interestingly BCU is falling alongside BTC. Which means the market is losing faith in a scaling solution entirely.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 4582

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 05:50:45 PM

real funny part is if you look at the markets.. they are being moved by $1 increments. using only a couple btc or less

Gdax
going from the bottom up
0.13btc moved price from $1158->$1159
5.293btc moved price from $1159->$1160
2.386btc moved price from $1160->$1159
63.857btc moved price from $1159->$1160
10.325btc moved price from $1160->$1161
0.02btc moved price from $1161->$1160
2.433btc moved price from $1160->$1161
2btc moved price from $1161->$1160
2.551btc moved price from $1160->$1159
16.67btc moved price from $1159->$1160
1.4btc moved price from $1160->$1159

the real reason the price is volitile is because it does not take much to move the market price

5.85 btc = $1

bitfinex
5.85 btc =  $1
0.5 btc =  $1
0.067 btc =  $1
0.1 btc =  $1
0.829 btc =  $1
0.249 btc =  $1
0.170 btc =  $1

and so on

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: