Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:31:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining burst only hdd?  (Read 914 times)
lorevici (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:58:34 PM

Hi to everybody , I not understud if mining burst I need only space (hdd).Have I also need a compueter with certain characteristics? in case such property shall have to mining burstcoin? Thanks very much, sorry for my "English"!
Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Katewind

Activity: 121
Merit: 92

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:45:19 PM

You don't need a strong computer, I believe just an x86 machine and able to run the program. Windows will be fine a weak cpu and low ram will be fine as well.

I have just read this thread about hdd mining for burst. I do not know how to mine and run this soft? Please tell me where to mine and download this coin software. Thank you.
NiHaoMike

Activity: 236
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 02:57:26 PM

Also consider Storj, which seems to be more profitable if you only have a limited amount of space.

I use cryptocurrency and solar power to help my best friend Naomi Wu... And I'm proud of it!
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 07:56:45 PM

Hi to everybody , I not understud if mining burst I need only space (hdd).Have I also need a compueter with certain characteristics? in case such property shall have to mining burstcoin? Thanks very much, sorry for my "English"!
Huh
There is a problem in burst mining which is plotting , if you have a large space on your hdd before mining on them you need to do one time job called plotting before mining on your space , after some experience with burst mining you need a gpu on your pc to do this plotting fast if it's a large space, a low end cpu can make this plotting in days.

2016 GPU Miner
CryptoDude2727

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:50:24 AM

You just need HDD space, the more the better.  As previously mentioned you do have to plot the space which takes some time... but it's only one time and you can even do it in segments and start mining while plotting if you chose. There are a couple of great websites and many videos with everything you need:

burst-team.us

burstnation.com

BURST has to chance to be huge imo.
lorevici (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:39:52 AM

thanks very much boys!  Wink
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:37:20 PM

Huh
There is a problem in burst mining which is plotting , if you have a large space on your hdd before mining on them you need to do one time job called plotting before mining on your space , after some experience with burst mining you need a gpu on your pc to do this plotting fast if it's a large space, a low end cpu can make this plotting in days.

Took me less than 2 days (more like 30 hours IIRC) to plot most of a 3GB drive with an AMD A10-5700 - JUST using 3 cores of the CPU.

GPU plotting can be quite a bit faster if you have a mid-to-high end recent GPU though (I tried it with one of my HD7750s, that was SLOWER than using the A10 as I recall though not by a lot).

One trick that helps some - plot smaller files at a time, then you can mine while you're plotting on the completed plot files.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: